Define your Political Leanings

I found out in the war room that I'm basically a neoliberal schill, lol!

Essentially I share the same policy goals as most liberals. My general view is that I prefer "we're in this together" and "a rising tide raises all ships" over "rugged individualism", I believe in a strong social safety net, that we should strive to achieve affordable healthcare for everyone, that we want to strive towards equality of opportunity for everyone, etc.. I prefer market solutions over governmental ones but recognize that markets are really bad at some things that are really important (I'm skeptical of a single payer system but prefer to fix the ACA, for example). On social issues I'm solidly liberal, I don't care if people want to own guns and I'm more hawkish than liberals (but fully acknowledge I have very little knowledge here and on foreign policy).

What does it tell us about humanity that "tell us about yourself" threads are among the most popular?
I think it's fun to read what people write and see if their descriptions of themselves are actually consistent with their posting. For some posters it can be hard to tell where they stand overall. And given that I like reading this stuff I figured I'd contribute.

I consider myself center/right and not partisan. I just don't know a single Democrat that I like right at the moment.
LOL! The last sentence should clue you in that you're wrong about the first sentence (that you're not partisan).

I'm solidly liberal but some of my closest friends and beloved family members are solidly conservative and there are even a few Trumpsters in there. I don't hold it against them......too much anyway.....

Gun threads of all types usually hit 30+ pages too. SSM and religious ones as well.

I skip all three myself so I could miss it. Actually, I skip two of the kinds I mentioned, too, but the numbers have caught my attention.

I skip all three myself so I could miss it. Actually, I skip two of the kinds I mentioned, too, but the numbers have caught my attention.
I skip them these days, but I have to admit I've gotten caught up in all three of those topics in the past. Big mistake.

Back