Dela Hoya trashes the PPV model and #MayMac; praises DAZN

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
"I think the most important part of this equation is thinking about the fans. When you have to fork over $100.00 for Mayweather-McGregor farce, or when you have to watch a Mayweather-Pacquiao dance off or ballet dance, whatever you wanna call it. You know, it's like: enough is enough."

1. HBO is done with Boxing. Canelo will now fight for DAZN in record breaking sports deal.

2. Golden Boy Promotions is done with PPV's (Golden Boy MMA presumably may continue in DAZN).

3. DAZN has deep pockets, and will change how (combat) sports will be watched by the world.

So Chuck-Tito will be on DAZN then?

I wish they’d let me get Oscar in an mma cage for 5 rounds

I’m going to have to grip DAZN

Hella content,and the sky is the limit.

So Chuck-Tito will be on DAZN then?

They announced it as a $50.00 PPV. I don't think that will change because that deal was done before GBP-DAZN partnership. If GBP makes an MMA card again, it presumably will be on DAZN considering Bellator and other MMA orgs will be in DAZN as well.

"I think the most important part of this equation is thinking about the fans. When you have to fork over $100.00 for Mayweather-McGregor farce, or when you have to watch a Mayweather-Pacquiao dance off or ballet dance, whatever you wanna call it. You know, it's like: enough is enough."

Ah weren't you involved with HBO forcing Canelo-GGG to be $90, what a hypocrite smh. And isnt he selling chuck tito 3 for like 60 bucks. wish B-hop threw 10 more body shots to this guy

Ah weren't you involved with HBO forcing Canelo-GGG to be $90, what a hypocrite smh. And aren't u selling chuck tito 3 for like 60 bucks

That was still under HBO, they were honoring existing contracts so Golden Boy had their hands tied. Chuck Tito 3 happened before the DAZN deal. Things had to change in a relatively short time.

The growth rate of Oscar's head and face is fascinating.

Oscar is such a turd. He would promote Canelo/Mac in a second if he could. He was practically begging Mac before the May fight.

They have to fork over about half of the proceeds to the PPV company so I'm sure they're looking for an alternative

DAZN is awesome. I just subscribed. Here in Germany they even have UFC events.

Plus all the other content for just 10 bucks. Kinda mind-boggling that this is possible.

I would never order a PPV. It just looks like a total rip-off to me. Like concert tickets but without actually being there. But 10-20 bucks a month for such content is great.

DAZN is awesome. I just subscribed. Here in Germany they even have UFC events.

Plus all the other content for just 10 bucks. Kinda mind-boggling that this is possible.

I would never order a PPV. It just looks like a total rip-off to me. Like concert tickets but without actually being there. But 10-20 bucks a month for such content is great.
Usually you have friends over and everyone throws a few bucks in...

tbh, before I give any fucks about anything Oscar has to say about MMA, I'll need to see that he's not 'one and done' after the Chuck-Tito event.

this whole thing seems born out of spite for the UFC and not some genuine love of the sport and desire to enact change...but I would welcome being proven wrong.

Ah weren't you involved with HBO forcing Canelo-GGG to be $90, what a hypocrite smh. And isnt he selling chuck tito 3 for like 60 bucks. wish B-hop threw 10 more body shots to this guy

Isn't the fact that those fights sucked part of his point? You can't really say that about either of the Canelo/GGG fights.

Back