Deleted all social media

FrontNakedChoke

Reaction score
Anybody else experience this?

I deleted all of my social media mid-December. Facebook, Instagram, snapchat, twitter, all of it. It was just one thing on my long list of lifestyle changes, but it didn't expect it to have such a dramatic impact on my life.

I feel so much better. I really don't care what any one is up to, besides my close friends who i see regularly. It's great. The more time I spend off social media, the more I realize how fake it all is. You're just constantly looking at the highlights of everyone's lives. Never seeing the full truth. It can be depressing. And caring about likes and or views? How f***ing stupid! When I hear people talk about their social media now this is my reaction

<DisgustingHHH>

My friends seem to think I'm going to come back. No chance in hell. Definitely never going back. Life without social media is great. It's one less distraction at the end of the day, and I've been a lot more productive with my time ever since getting rid of it.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me it was a really toxic element in my life that I am glad to be done with.

Lastly, Sherdog > Social Media

TLDR:
Deleted social media
Life is better
Not going back

All things in moderation. Including fishing for likes on sherdog.

My goldfish was getting on my nerves so I ate him

Got off all social media aside from here a long time ago. It's very freeing.

I had Facebook for a week or so, but people think I'm being a dick when I tell them I don't have an account. I don't need anyone knowing what I'm up to.

Never had Snapchat or anything else.
This site is about as far as I go with being social on the line.

Should delete my sherdog account and see if my life gets better

I had Facebook for a week or so, but people think I'm being a dick when I tell them I don't have an account. I don't need anyone knowing what I'm up to.

I haven't had it for a few years and some people wouldn't believe me. I even had a friend I've known for years who thought I was lying to him. I met one girl who didn't trust me as a person because I told her I didn't have facebook. This is the world we live in now.

Social media used to be amazing in the late 90's/early 2000's, but it evolved into something really ugly after the recession.

Most people are so consumed by it these days that they don't even leave the house. I remember when bars used to be packed during the weeknights, but after 9pm it becomes a ghost ship.
People don't go out to socialize anymore.
It's fucked up

To be fair, it does has it's uses. I've gotten back on facebook since last year and it has had it's positives. Since i travel more I can connect with people from all over the world. Since nobody uses email anymore, facebook is the way to do it. I'm also in different travel and freelance groups on facebook so I occasionally get good info. Employers sometimes post jobs and artists post information about their upcoming performances.

I haven't had it for a few years and some people wouldn't believe me. I even had a friend I've known for years who thought I was lying to him. I met one girl who didn't trust me as a person because I told her I didn't have facebook. This is the world we live in now.

How crazy is that...

I'm of the opinion that it's really affecting the minds of our generation in a really negative way, but I can only speak from my experience.

When I talk to people about it and share my opinions, it's like deep down they know it too, but they're too far gone to even consider coming back to the real world. Like they're obligated to be on it. Kinda spooky.

Im trying to take a lightweight exodus from social media.

I would give your post a like, but you not about that.

Social media used to be amazing in the late 90's/early 2000's, but it evolved into something really ugly after the recession.

Most people are so consumed by it these days that they don't even leave the house. I remember when bars used to be packed during the weeknights, but after 9pm it becomes a ghost ship.
People don't go out to socialize anymore.
It's fucked up

Didnt Facebook come out in 2006 ?

Late 90s early 2000s your talking ICQ, mIRC or MSN/Yahoo messenger which wasnt social medias at all .....

Late 90s early 2000s your talking ICQ, mIRC or MSN/Yahoo messenger which wasnt social medias at all .....

AOL brah
LMAO!

Chatting online with babes all day.

Last edited:

MSN might have been one of the first ones to send us on the path we're on now. People signing in and out with vague statuses to get people's attention online.

I'd say MySpace was the biggest originator of my social media downword spiral.

As a single guy I use social media if I wasn't playing the game and hitched up I don't think I would have no more need for social media

Congratulations. I had to get rid of my Facebook after all the annoying fucks.from work kept friending me

I don't have a twitter account anymore; I made one years ago and deleted it because I never use it. I've never had Snapchat or Instagram either. I have Facebook but I never post anything on it.

Back