Demetrious Johnson: "I Will Retire in ONE Championship"

Regardless of what he's accomplished he won't be truly remembered unless stats are brought up.
Well DJ does have stats on his side (most title defences, latest stoppage etc.), but I also think the Mighty Armbar gets shown in highlight reels for decades.

giphy.gif

Those 2 things will at least make him more remembered then 99% of the roster. He pretty much cemented himself on any best fighters list till the end of UFC's history.

Last edited:
Good for him.

Sounds like he will finally be making some good paydays, which he deserves.

He gets endlessly shit on here, but dude is a beast and a genuinely nice guy.
Good for him.

Sounds like he will finally be making some good paydays, which he deserves.

He gets endlessly shit on here, but dude is a beast and a genuinely nice guy.

Yeah. Dude is legit. The only sad thing for me is that while it makes sense because there's nothing left for him in the UFC and Matt Hume partly owns ONE - it would have been nice to see a rematch between him and Kyoji Horiguchi - especially now with his time at ATT - but I can't see the two best flyweights in the world rematching any time soon now.

Yeah. Dude is legit. The only sad thing for me is that while it makes sense because there's nothing left for him in the UFC and Matt Hume partly owns ONE - it would have been nice to see a rematch between him and Kyoji Horiguchi - especially now with his time at ATT - but I can't see the two best flyweights in the world rematching any time soon now.

Well I think Cejudo and MM might be the best two. That being said maybe one day 1C and Rizin can work something out.

He's had a good run in the UFC. Tbh, there's no fight for him in the UFC Flw division that gets me excited. He's either beat everyone, beat them 2x, or they're still contender status. I think this move was best for both parties.
Cejudo beat his ass .. Dom and Tj would have murked him... he just pulled a major duck to crush cans in Japan. Culture my ass.

Well I think Cejudo and MM might be the best two. That being said maybe one day 1C and Rizin can work something out.

That's fair, Cejudo is great in his own right. Although Kyoji did have a very competitive fight with the best kickboxer in the world right now and actually looked pretty sharp!

He is because 1 split decision loss after a record long title defense streak doesn't disqualify you from that. Plus he was traded, not like he just picked up the phone and signed a contract with ONE

Every other goat contender has a much more impressive win list. Dj also ducked tj even at fly. That said its impressive how much he has won that's for sure.

WHO the fucks he gonna fight

Y no crjudo rematch ?? HEs just gonna let him beat him and no rematch?? Can't respect thT

Not only that but they thinking of getting rid of division cuz of Thisbe what of trade move

Should have gave young contender the shot shot

Every other goat contender has a much more impressive win list. Dj also ducked tj even at fly. That said its impressive how much he has won that's for sure.
Had TJ ever made 125 before? If TJ missed weight and beat DJ, how likely do you think it was that Dana would've still kept the title on DJ or even moreso, how likely do you think he would've been done with the 125lb division even sooner? Like he was going to market fights for a division in which the champion just lost, at that very weight, but was still champion? Have fun selling that.

Had TJ ever made 125 before? If TJ missed weight and beat DJ, how likely do you think it was that Dana would've still kept the title on DJ or even moreso, how likely do you think he would've been done with the 125lb division even sooner? Like he was going to market fights for a division in which the champion just lost, at that very weight, but was still champion? Have fun selling that.

Yeah like you can really sell midget fighting. Tj never missed weight once and was a small 135er. If dj wanted to be marketed more how bout takw and win that fight. Some people r retarded.

He will forever be a pussy... instead of moving up or excepting challengers willing to move down he splits for lessor competition.

ONE has PPV? I was watching Eddie on Ariel saying that he got a great deal with them, and that ONE pulls 25million views or something like that there, so im not sure if they even have a PPV model, but with those ratings, money has to be made, also he mentioned signing a 8-figure contract with them, but didnt stated the time or fights contracted.
Is one on DAZN?

One fc doesn't need MM and they didn't need Askren. The right way is to sign skilled american fighters with an asian origin like La Nsang , and turn them into local stars. Possible names in the ufc are Andre Soukhamthath and Ben Nguyen, outside the ufc - Kin Moy, Thanh Lee and others . MM is just a waste of money.

Back