Demetrious Johnson weighed the same as Cody Garbrandt in the cage at UFC 227.

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
They both weighed in at 142 lbs on fight day.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/...s-cejudo-dillashaw-vs-garbrandt-divisions-mma

I find this interesting because DJ fans claim that he's not only too small for Bantamweight (which admittedly he is), but he is too small for Flyweight too (which is ridiculous because he wouldn't be able to make 115). He cuts way more than he lets on.

Also, Garbrandt should definitely have a crack at Flyweight now that he's lost to TJ twice.

He's smaller than most guys he fights at FLW. 142 is actually a little heavy for him. He openly cuts from 138ish without dieting down lower. He cuts 13 lbs if that and rehydrates. He could cut way less if he dieted but he hates limiting what he eats.

He's smaller than most guys he fights at FLW. 142 is actually a little heavy for him. He openly cuts from 138ish without dieting down lower. He cuts 13 lbs if that and rehydrates. He could cut way less if he dieted but he hates limiting what he eats.

Yes, he looked bigger than normal. Cody also looked lighter than normal.

I saw that too, fans of dj ducking tactics always saying how much bigger tj would be then him on fight night 7.5lbs is the difference and TJ only cut to 135 that night he'd probably weigh almost the same if he'd cut to 125 lbs. Really makes this laughable they think he should been protected by guys who are similar in size to him this why he was never a real goat.
<GSPWoah>

Doesn't surprise me, DJ is pretty jacked..

080_Demetrious_Johnson_vs_Ray_Borg.1533344953.jpg

I saw that too, fans of dj ducking tactics always saying how much bigger tj would be then him on fight night 7.5lbs is the difference and TJ only cut to 135 that night he'd probably weigh almost the same if he'd cut to 125 lbs. Really makes this laughable they think he should been protected by guys who are similar in size to him this why he was never a real goat.
<GSPWoah>

TJ weighed at least 150 on fight night.

Was shocked how small Cody looked. I knew he didn't cut much but I expected him to be about 5 lbs heavier. Crazy.

He looked too big the first time. He probably thought he needed to reduce and did too much to be honest. Especially when he's just going to wing it at TJ anyways.

All these excuses. When DJ was finally weighed the day of he was huge. Same size as Cejudo.

There were a few posters (full of shit) who tried to tell me DJ was tiny at FW. I never got evidence. Now I know why.

Lol.

Even Cejudo said MM was much smaller than him. I don't know what to tell you. lmao

All these excuses. When DJ was finally weighed the day of he was huge. Same size as Cejudo.

There were a few posters (full of shit) who tried to tell me DJ was tiny at FW. I never got evidence. Now I know why.

Lol.
Henry also said that he was bigger than DJ.

DJ cuts from 138 typically. Says so in several interviews

Back