Demetrious Johnson weighed the same as Cody Garbrandt in the cage at UFC 227.

How the Fuck is Cody that tiny? Jesus..
When Oscar boxed Manny pacquiao, he came,down from,middle weight to,fight him,at welterweight.

However, the weight cut was so bad that he couldnt rehydrate normally. As a result, Manny actually weighed more than Oscar come,fight night.

Sorry for all the commas. New phone

Dodson cut from 150 to mame FLW

Joe B cuts from 146

Elliot cuts from thr high 140s

DJ typically comes in at 140. Most FLWs are bigger than him.

you have zero proof of those other numbers, absolutely zero.

We know DJ's weight because the CSAC weighed him, that's something not deniable, and Henry weighed 1 pound less than him.

Anyone know what time they're weighed on fight day? None of the results other than Cody Garbrandt really surprise me. I always assume everyone is cutting about a minimum of 15lbs and know that some of them cut 20+. I'd like to see fight night weights back when iv's were allowed.

Exposed?
-weighs the exact weight as he has always said he weighs
-close SD which he arguably won

I don't think you know what that word means

He didn't arguably win anything.

He landed a bunch of leg kicks and got taken down multiple times by a better wrestler.

He also could make 135 if he wanted.
But he wouldn't even accept fighting TJ at 125.
Size disadvantage shouldn't disqualify you from fighting at a higher weight class if you can make the weight.
Just look at DC.

you have zero proof of those other numbers, absolutely zero.

We know DJ's weight because the CSAC weighed him, that's something not deniable, and Henry weighed 1 pound less than him.
All of them are stated in interviews with the fighters

They both weighed in at 142 lbs on fight day.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/...s-cejudo-dillashaw-vs-garbrandt-divisions-mma

I find this interesting because DJ fans claim that he's not only too small for Bantamweight (which admittedly he is), but he is too small for Flyweight too (which is ridiculous because he wouldn't be able to make 115). He cuts way more than he lets on.

Also, Garbrandt should definitely have a crack at Flyweight now that he's lost to TJ twice.
If that's the case, I wonder how much Cejudo cut.

he looked like a good 10 pounds bigger than MM. At least

the guy has been exposed for being a duck a long time ago i can understand not wanting to move up like GSP but if TJ offer to move down for a superfight and you refuse you are ducking

Tend to think this is a bullshit comparison as well. Cody looked way bigger than MM In the cage but who knows

Might've just been because the only thing I was thinking Is how small MM looked compared to cejudo

The rest of the Bantamweights on the card were 150+ so I'm not sure what this proves...?

All of them are stated in interviews with the fighters

interviews mean literally nothing because fighters can say whatever weight they want to say. This is the first time we have official weight from the AC, and that's all i'm going to believe.

Everyone said DJ was too small, turns out Henry weighed less than DJ, and Cody weighed the same and DJ.

the myths are getting busted, I'm waiting for the next set of real provable numbers from the AC

He didn't arguably win anything.

He landed a bunch of leg kicks and got taken down multiple times by a better wrestler.

He also could make 135 if he wanted.
But he wouldn't even accept fighting TJ at 125.
Size disadvantage shouldn't disqualify you from fighting at a higher weight class if you can make the weight.
Just look at DC.
1) One of the judges and multiple media scores gave the fight to DJ. Even Cejudo said he wouldn't have been able to argue if they gave it to DJ. It was super close.

2) DJ can make 135 without cutting any water weight. He can literally just diet down to 135. TJ would be cutting at least 20lbs to make 125

3) He already went 14-2 at BW. He has a long career there. He gains nothing by going back.

interviews mean literally nothing because fighters can say whatever weight they want to say. This is the first time we have official weight from the AC, and that's all i'm going to believe.

Everyone said DJ was too small, turns out Henry weighed less than DJ, and Cody weighed the same and DJ.

the myths are getting busted, I'm waiting for the next set of real provable numbers from the AC
Except in all of his interviews DJ has said that he walks around at 142 and fights at his walkaround weight. Cejudo and him were practicality the same size. Doesn't mean every other FLW DJ fought wasn't bigger tgan those 2.

TJ has said he weighs around 150(only one lbs off could be heavier on another night depending on how the cut goes). This was also true.

You're ignoring interviews because its convenient for you. None of the fighters on that card lied about their weight. It's all consistent with what they reported.

Dodson cut from 150 to mame FLW

Joe B cuts from 146

Elliot cuts from thr high 140s

DJ typically comes in at 140. Most FLWs are bigger than him.
DJ weighed 142 on fight day. That is a huge cut for FW. You're delusional.

If DJ was 142 in the cage he is walking around higher. That's a fact. Save your GQ articles where DJ tells us what we want to hear for your idiot followers. The commission put DJ at 142 on fight day. You can't compare that to fighters talking about their weight.

You have no stats on Joe B on fight day. Your just guessing at this point. Joe B looks much smaller than DJ on fight day.

Again there is no way to know just how much each fighter weighed on fight night unless they are weighed right as they walk into the cage. I'm not saying DJ didn't weigh more than Henry or vice versa. I'm simply stating you can't claim something as factual without any definitive proof, like weighing before they step into the cage.
That's the entire reasoning for the commission to weigh them on fight day, to see how big they are when they fight. What you're saying makes zero sense. It defeats the commission's purpose.

That's the entire reasoning for the commission to weigh them on fight day, to see how big they are when they fight. What you're saying makes zero sense. It defeats the commission's purpose.

As if fighters still can't gain more weight between then and stepping into the cage. It's really a simple thought, you do not know how much someone weighs unless you weigh them right as they get into the cage. It's so simple that you can't even deny it because it's 100% a fact. So trying to create a narrative on how much someone weighs inside the cage is pure speculation and anyone who tries to use that speculation as fact is a fool.

I saw that too, fans of dj ducking tactics always saying how much bigger tj would be then him on fight night 7.5lbs is the difference and TJ only cut to 135 that night he'd probably weigh almost the same if he'd cut to 125 lbs. Really makes this laughable they think he should been protected by guys who are similar in size to him this why he was never a real goat.
<GSPWoah>

This is 100% correct. Was actually some poetic justice watchng the only money fight MM would ever have slip away and Dillashaw ktfo Garbrandt.

Back