Demi Lovato Hospitalized for Heroin Overdose

One of my best friends for a long time was heavily addicted to opiates. I caught him stealing from me, that was terrible. I love the little buzz I get, but because of the acetaminophen in it, taking more than two is really hard on the stomach, pretty much a deterrent to taking more in itself. I eventually found that half a tablet felt best, and did enough to curb pain. He was all about the big doses though, which is why he liked the pure oxy's. It ruined his life, and our friendship.

When I first started taking them, my pain was pretty severe, so i took two tablets at a time. I got mono a few months later, and couldn't hold anything down. I went through crazy withdrawal, scared the shit out of me. I can only imagine what that's like for you, going from 30mg to nothing. I hope you were able to get off them permanently.
It was brutal. I gave up on it and went to the doctor for the first time in my life. I’ve never asked for help, before or since...
I’m doing ok now, but I’m also not past it the way I should be

Tramadol is some fake bullshit. Someone going through severe opiate withdrawal wouldnt even bother taking those to curb it.
I've been prescribed Tramadol for pain and that shit is super weak. Gotta pop about a half a dozen for even minor pain relief. Much less using them to get high,

A few here questioning why a celeb would partake in H rather than traditional rich people drugs like cocaine. H use is a very focused kind of feeling. You think the casting couches, sexual exploitation, and other depravities from (((handlers))) extend only to Hollywood starlets? Nope. It's just as prevalent in the music biz. The girl has no doubt experienced some shit and seen some shit that alters their state of mind, and their realities. She must have given up a lot of her soul for the price of fortune and fame.
She was actually an actress BEFORE she became a singer. Also, you're real slick with that "(((handlers)))" shit. I did Nazi that coming.

I have a percocet script, and just take halves about 5 or 6 times times daily, depending on my pain. I might take a full one at times, but given such a small dose, I always get a tiny/pleasant buzz, goes great with coffee. I can take them anytime and feel perfect.

I once was given either 30 or 50mg (can't recall) oxy's by accident at the pharmacy. I took one just see how it would feel. I felt so nauseous, was basically drooling on myself all night. I had no balance, even 24 hours later lol. Did you work your way up to those? How the hell did you handle that. Even 10mg oxy's make me nauseous. My doc tried to give me those instead, then shitty tramadol at one point, that stuff is terrible. I felt like I was crawling out of my skin.
I hate to be "that guy" as well

But be careful. That's how it starts.

Of the disney whores I always thought miley cirus was gonna be the amy whinehouse. But it seems she is the sane one of selena gomez, lavato and miley. Not sane like normalpeople because disney kids cant be sane adults
Selena Gomez is clearly the most sane of the bunch. You never hear about her overdosing or getting arrested or slutting it up.

She has a great ass, but i do wonder if she shit herself when she OD'd.

My cousin died of a heroin overdose last year. Such a horrible drug to get involved with.

Is it true that doctors in the US will prescribe opiates for things like a sprained ankle?
When appropriate, yes. There are a small number of corrupt/incompetent doctors who irresponsibly prescribe large quantities of opiates and other dangerous drugs, but they're being cracked down on more and more. But for the vast majority of people, taking opiates is not a problem.

When I was hospitalized with a broken toe, I was given Percocet at the hospital, although it wasn't prescribed to me. I fucking loved the feeling, but I don't have an addictive personality. It wasn't a problem at all.

When I had a botched molar extraction and then was transferred to get it corrected by a better dentist and had to pay out of pocket on the spot outside my insurance to even get the doctor to correct it, I was given a prescription for codeine. Again, not an issue at all.

The average person can be prescribed drugs or even do drugs recreationally and not have a problem. There's a minority of the population that has addictive personalities and unfortunately ruins it for the rest of us. Nothing against them really because to a large extent it's not really their fault. But it's a serious problem with widespread complications for our society.

When appropriate, yes. There are a small number of corrupt/incompetent doctors who irresponsibly prescribe large quantities of opiates and other dangerous drugs, but they're being cracked down on more and more. But for the vast majority of people, taking opiates is not a problem.

When I was hospitalized with a broken toe, I was given Percocet at the hospital, although it wasn't prescribed to me. I fucking loved the feeling, but I don't have an addictive personality. It wasn't a problem at all.

When I had a botched molar extraction and then was transferred to get it corrected by a better dentist and had to pay out of pocket on the spot outside my insurance to even get the doctor to correct it, I was given a prescription for codeine. Again, not an issue at all.

The average person can be prescribed drugs or even do drugs recreationally and not have a problem. There's a minority of the population that has addictive personalities and unfortunately ruins it for the rest of us. Nothing against them really because to a large extent it's not really their fault. But it's a serious problem with widespread complications for our society.
I agree with you mostly but, even without an addictive personality you will become addicted to these things if you are prescribed them long enough. They do not discriminate.

A lot will, yup. Most addictions start in doctor offices.
Doctors will prescribe opiates as they should in most cases. People like me shouldn't have to needlessly suffer because of a small minority of people who are susceptible to addiction. Don't get me wrong, I'm not indifferent to their suffering. But medicine has to cater to how the average person will respond, not the minority.

If you know you're an addict, you can inform the doctor and they can find appropriate alternative treatment. Or if you don't want to inform the doctor you can just not fill out the prescription. But it's important not to legislate doctors out of prescribing opiates when appropriate just because of a small problem population. Doctors are not responsible for addiction except in rare cases where they're pill mill doctors and cases like that. Those doctors should lose their licenses and even go to prison if their actions were egregious enough.

I agree with you mostly but, even without an addictive personality you will become addicted to these things if you are prescribed them long enough. They do not discriminate.
I hear you. I'm the type of person who quits immediately when I feel something is excessive, whether it's booze or pills or whatever. Maybe I'm an atypical case even among those who don't have addictive personalities, though. I tend to get interested in things and then get disinterested. I smoked one cigarette when I was a kid and was like "fuck that". My brother started smoking around the same time and then kept doing it for 20+ years. Some people are just wired differently.

The ass in that top pic looks out of shape. Not my thing, but I can’t fault dudes for liking what they like. However, that face looks pretty phenomenal with no make-up.
Yeah, she got into better shape via MMA training and her ass looked better. Her face almost always looks great. She has a tendency to be chunky at times. I think she works out a lot usually, so it's more down to diet and genetics. She's a pear-shaped woman and they tend to be more susceptible to weight gain than banana shaped or even hourglass-shaped women (although they're more susceptible than banana shaped).

It was brutal. I gave up on it and went to the doctor for the first time in my life. I’ve never asked for help, before or since...
I’m doing ok now, but I’m also not past it the way I should be
I'm glad you're doing better. If you're not where you feel you should be, don't be afraid to see someone else, like a counselor/psychologist. Your body might unnaturally release lower of dopamine, or you have some trauma from your past, who knows. Regardless, seeing a pro can help figure out what's causing any misery, and give you the tools to improve your mindset. I hope i don't sound like a preachy douche, I just know that therapy really helped me get through a difficult period in my life.
I hate to be "that guy" as well

But be careful. That's how it starts.

Thanks man. I'm very conscious of that. If anything i've reduced my dosage over the years, so much that I can stash away a number of pills every month in case of an emergency/zombie apocalypse. Slippery slope reminders are always good to hear though, as opiates can be a dangerous game

Sad but for a split second in my speed reading I thought it said "Danny Devito"

Doctors will prescribe opiates as they should in most cases. People like me shouldn't have to needlessly suffer because of a small minority of people who are susceptible to addiction. Don't get me wrong, I'm not indifferent to their suffering. But medicine has to cater to how the average person will respond, not the minority.

If you know you're an addict, you can inform the doctor and they can find appropriate alternative treatment. Or if you don't want to inform the doctor you can just not fill out the prescription. But it's important not to legislate doctors out of prescribing opiates when appropriate just because of a small problem population. Doctors are not responsible for addiction except in rare cases where they're pill mill doctors and cases like that. Those doctors should lose their licenses and even go to prison if their actions were egregious enough.
I definitely think the pill pusher doctors are more numerous than they used to be though. Particularly if you have money.

Doctors will prescribe opiates as they should in most cases....Doctors are not responsible for addiction except in rare cases

People like me shouldn't have to needlessly suffer because of a small minority of people who are susceptible to addiction.

Anyone who takes an opioid is susceptible to addiction. Half of addicts get started on opioids from their doctor. Opioids are frequently overprescribed and for longer periods than they need to be. Physicians definitely shoulder part of the blame for the current opioid crisis. It didn’t happen by chance. It was the recognition of pain as “the fifth vital sign”, started by the American Pain Society in the nineties, that led in part to the vast overuse of these highly addictive drugs, which led to opioids becoming the most prescribed class of medications.

Back