Demi Lovato Hospitalized for Heroin Overdose

I definitely think the pill pusher doctors are more numerous than they used to be though. Particularly if you have money.
Well, just going off of what I've seen where I live in South Florida, the pill mills are basically all gone. The state cracked down on them hard. Doctors lost their licenses and went to prison, as did the owners. You're in Tampa? I suppose it's different there, but I'm pretty sure there was a statewide crackdown some years back which shut them down across the state.

That sounds horrific.
It was. Good thing I'm not poor and could afford it. A lot of people in the state are worse off and healthcare is pretty bad here. They made it clear at the reception area that they wouldn't help me if my credit card didn't go through and the dental surgeon even joked with one of the assistants about how my payment must've gone through.

Just something I wasn't used to, having grown up in Massachusetts. While I still have some concerns about universal health care, especially an exclusive single payer system, I think we'd be better off if we had one, just like the rest of the Western world. Even a Koch Brothers funded study showed that we'd save money and our healthcare system is more expensive per capita than other Western countries.

I still think we should maintain a private health care system and try to reign in the negative aspects of single payer systems, like people being denied life saving treatments because of cost. But it seems like UHC is inevitable and the sooner we start, the better. Even Trump thought so up until he started seriously trying to be the Republican nominee and president.

It was. Good thing I'm not poor and could afford it. A lot of people in the state are worse off and healthcare is pretty bad here. They made it clear at the reception area that they wouldn't help me if my credit card didn't go through and the dental surgeon even joked with one of the assistants about how my payment must've gone through.

Just something I wasn't used to, having grown up in Massachusetts. While I still have some concerns about universal health care, especially an exclusive single payer system, I think we'd be better off if we had one, just like the rest of the Western world. Even a Koch Brothers funded study showed that we'd save money and our healthcare system is more expensive per capita than other Western countries.

I still think we should maintain a private health care system and try to reign in the negative aspects of single payer systems, like people being denied life saving treatments because of cost. But it seems like UHC is inevitable and the sooner we start, the better. Even Trump thought so up until he started seriously trying to be the Republican nominee and president.

I live in Canada . I have a lot to say about socialized health care, but it's far too complicated to get into here.

Dental isn't covered though. I'm fifty and have pretty good teeth, had a root canal years ago, but otherwise good. My parents on the other hand have had nothing but problems their entire lives and have spent a king's ransom.

I live in Canada . I have a lot to say about socialized health care, but it's far too complicated to get into here.

Dental isn't covered though. I'm fifty and have pretty good teeth, had a root canal years ago, but otherwise good. My parents on the other hand have had nothing but problems their entire lives and have spent a king's ransom.
I appreciate you sharing your experience. I wouldn't want to replicate Canada's system. I think France would be a better model. Recently while I was there, I lost some medication I take and was able to almost immediately go to a pharmacy and pick up a superior version of the medication cheaply without a prescription. It's actually prohibitively expensive in the US.

I appreciate you sharing your experience. I wouldn't want to replicate Canada's system. I think France would be a better model. Recently while I was there, I lost some medication I take and was able to almost immediately go to a pharmacy and pick up a superior version of the medication cheaply without a prescription. It's actually prohibitively expensive in the US.

I'll say this about the Canadian system... It's ridiculously slow.

Well, now he know she only dated Luke because his name is

"Rock hold"

I agree with you mostly but, even without an addictive personality you will become addicted to these things if you are prescribed them long enough. They do not discriminate.

Yup, anyone can become addicted to it if they take them long enough.

Yup, anyone can become addicted to it if they take them long enough.
I think the "it wont happen to me" mindset is the most dangerous one as well. It's like a cruel trick we play on ourselves.

Well, just going off of what I've seen where I live in South Florida, the pill mills are basically all gone. The state cracked down on them hard. Doctors lost their licenses and went to prison, as did the owners. You're in Tampa? I suppose it's different there, but I'm pretty sure there was a statewide crackdown some years back which shut them down across the state.
Yeah I think it's very much a state by state issue, which is probably part of the problem.

Back