Democratic Party Sues Trump, Russia, Trump Campaign

The lawsuit echoes a similar legal tactic that the Democratic Party used during the Watergate scandal. In 1972, the DNC filed suit against then-President Richard Nixon’s reelection committee seeking $1 million in damages for the break-in at Democratic headquarters in the Watergate building.

The suit was denounced at the time by Nixon’s attorney general, John Mitchell, who called it a case of “sheer demagoguery” by the DNC. But the civil action brought by the DNC’s then-chairman, Lawrence F. O’Brien, was ultimately successful, yielding a $750,000 settlement from the Nixon campaign that was reached on the day in 1974 that Nixon left office.

The suit filed Friday seeks millions of dollars in compensation to offset damage it claims the party suffered from the hacks. The DNC argues that the cyberattack undermined its ability to communicate with voters, collect donations and operate effectively as its employees faced personal harassment and, in some cases, death threats.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.9bf0ea4a336d

Are you suggesting they’re doing this for a cash settlement?

Almost as entertaining as when supporters of sanders tried to sue the DNC...almost.

Remember when Palin's email was "hacked" in 2008 -
The Sarah Palin email hack occurred on September 16, 2008, during the 2008 United States presidential election campaign when the Yahoo! personal email account of vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin was subjected to unauthorized access. The hacker, David Kernell, had obtained access to Palin's account by looking up biographical details such as her high school and birthdate and using Yahoo!'s account recovery for forgotten passwords. Kernell then posted several pages of Palin's email on 4chan's /b/ board. Kernell, who at the time of the offense was a 20-year-old college student, was the son of longtime Democratic state representative Mike Kernell of Memphis.

He was charged in October 2008 in federal court. After he was led into the court in leg irons and handcuffs, the judge released him on his own recognizance, pending trial.[1][2] The incident was ultimately prosecuted in a U.S. federal court as four felony crimes punishable by up to 50 years in federal prison.[3][4] The charges were three felonies: identity theft, wire fraud, and anticipatory obstruction of justice; and one optional as felony or misdemeanor: intentionally accessing an account without authorization. Kernell pleaded not guilty to all counts.

A jury trial, featured testimony of Sarah and Bristol Palin, as well as 4chan founder Christopher Poole,[5] began on April 20, 2010.[3] The jury found Kernell guilty on two counts: the felony of anticipatory obstruction of justice and the misdemeanor of unauthorized access to a computer.[6][7] On her Facebook page, Sarah Palin stated that she and her family were thankful the jury had rendered a just verdict.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin_email_hack

Shortly after midnight on September 16, 2008,[4] the private Yahoo! Mail account of Sarah Palin was cracked by a 4chan user.[4] The hacker, known as "Rubico", claimed he had read Palin's personal e-mails because he was looking for something that "would derail her campaign."[4][14]

After reading through Palin's emails, Rubico wrote, "There was nothing there, nothing incriminating — all I saw was personal stuff, some clerical stuff from when she was governor."[4][14] Rubico wrote that he used the Sarah Palin Wikipedia article to find Palin's birth date (one of the standard security questions used by Yahoo!.[15]) in "15 seconds." The hacker posted the account's password on /b/, an image board on 4chan, and screenshots from within the account to WikiLeaks.[16] A /b/ user then logged in and changed the password, posting a screenshot of his sending an email to a friend of Palin's informing her of the new password on the /b/ thread. This man was criticized heavily by the /b/ community, for being a "white knight". However, he did not blank out the password in the screenshot.[17] A multitude of /b/ users then attempted to log in with the new password, and the account was automatically locked out by Yahoo!. The incident was criticized by some /b/ users, one of whom complained that "seriously, /b/. We could have changed history and failed, epically."[18] The hacker admitted he was worried about being caught, writing "Yes I was behind a proxy, only one, if this sh*t ever got to the FBI I was f**ked, I panicked, I still wanted the stuff out there ... so I posted the [information] ... and then promptly deleted everything, and unplugged my internet and just sat there in a comatose state."[15]

This was both campaign responses then -

John McCain's campaign condemned the incident, saying it was a "shocking invasion of the governor's privacy and a violation of law".[19] Barack Obama's spokesman Bill Burton called the hacking "outrageous".[15]
Trump and his campaign cheered the DNC hacking on, praised it and pushed it.

Hahahahahahahhahaha.

Democrat.party is a joke...

It is so blatantly obvious that the Democrat Party is filled with children who would stop at nothing to prevent the Trump Administration from doing his presidential duties....

If I'm Trump's advisor... I would tell him. lets push through every thing you want to do. While the left continues to circle jerk about Russia. Will be so easy.

Just imagine if the DNC let the FBI investigate who hacked the computers...but they didn't...because they're shady!!!

I hope they spend a shit ton of money on this.

Are you suggesting they’re doing this for a cash settlement?
Yes. It's a lawsuit for damages, not a criminal case. Mueller is handling the criminal investigation - wholly separate.

No. Do you not understand the difference between the DoJ and the GOP?

Well, I thought you were confused, and were talking about McCabe, considering that's the most recent "criminal referral" news.

So, you mean Steele. Yeah, that was appropriate.

Well, I thought you were confused, and were talking about McCabe, considering that's the most recent "criminal referral" news.

So, you mean Steele. Yeah, that was appropriate.
Still no cigar.

Still no cigar.

Well, there's a very easy solution to this. That being, you could actually tell me what you're specifically referring to, considering that there is apparently a lot of this going on.

Trump and his campaign cheered the DNC hacking on, praised it and pushed it.

As did half the country. It revealed the true colors of the democrats.

It’s very rare you get a peek behind the curtain at how the machine works. That was one of the most enlightening we’ve ever had.

lol

I gotta ask.. did the Republican Party file suit over Obamas birth certificate?

If so, this is some same level shit..

Anybody have any evidence of Russian collusion from the Trump campaign?

Anyone other than those who are extremely blindly partisan will see this is a very dumb thing to do.

The balls on the DNC to sue anyone other than themselves for interfering in the 2016 elections.

This has to be a precursor to Hillary 2020. Who else would fund this lawsuit?

The DNC has just released a new line of cologne, perfumes, and fragrances, it's called:

Desperation

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

They reek of it...

This is an amazingly bad idea. Russia could tie them up in court for DECADES and force them to pour millions into the case that could be better spent elsewhere. And if they lose, you can bet your ass it's gonna cost them even more.

This has to be a precursor to Hillary 2020. Who else would fund this lawsuit?

If she runs again and actually gets the nomination, it will be 100% proof that the Democratic party is run by complete fucking idiots.

Back