Democrats’ cringy Mother’s Day ad: “You’re a Nazi, and your alcoholic mother hates you”

JamesRussler

You can call me Jimmy
Banned
Reaction score
The following is not some cheesy skit from The Onion or Funny or Die. No. This a real political advertisement released by Democrats on Mother’s Day (yesterday):

The message can be accurately summarized as follows:

College-age Republicans are racist, bigoted, tiki torch-wielding degenerate manchildren who still need their white suburban mommies to do their laundry. Their mothers are deeply ashamed of them and, as a result, have turned to alcoholism to deal with the pain. The alcoholic beverage of choice is a classic dry martini, consumed in a single gulp during daylight hours. Happy Mother’s Day.

EDIT: upon closer review, I see that she is in fact not drinking a dry martini; it appears to be some sort of fruity cocktail, possibly gin-based, in a classic martini glass.

The ad is notable for being the first in modern political history to personally attack millions of voters and their mothers. (Savage burn!) Indeed, it makes no mention of any substantive political / policy platform. It is purely designed to stereotype, disparage, and insult Republicans / Trumplicans. This a very bold move.

Is this a wise strategy in light of Hillary Clinton’s dismissing her opposition as a “basket of deplorables?” Why or why not? Comment and discuss below. Please be respectful.

See also: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...mothers-day-ad-talk-your-child-gop/604731002/

Last edited:
That was hilarious.

I, just, can’t, even...

Shit like this is why trump won.

Please liberals, keep calling your average Americans stupid and racist.

It’s really working well for you...

Ok if that’s real, democrats have officially become the meme.

Look at how many down votes it got. LOLOLOLOLOLLLLL

Drunk moms don’t let their kids think. God forbid he grows up and is not a self hating soyboy. Liberals would hate that.

Right wingers have no sense of humor

I agree liberals can be condescending and assholes but that just seemed like light hearted humor we can all laugh at

And if you fucks had a sense of humor and made one with a gop mom and pictures of her purple haired communist kid with a similar message it would also be funny

What if the republicans made the ad knowing the reaction it would get?

I agree liberals can be condescending and assholes but that just seemed like light hearted humor we can all laugh at

And if you fucks had a sense of humor and made one with a gop mom and pictures of her purple haired communist kid with a similar message it would also be funny

If the GOP made an equivalent ad the Democrats would have their purple hair on fire.

Shit like this is why trump won.

Please liberals, keep calling your average Americans stupid and racist.

It’s really working well for you...

So you're a snowflake is what you're saying? You just admitted to voting for Trump because the Democrats hurt your feelings. Not because of any policy.

On a serious note, who makes something like this?

Screw politics, what manager/art director saw this and said, yup, lets release this. I have to assume this is satire made by republicans, I have to.

If the GOP made an equivalent ad the Democrats would have their purple hair on fire.

Ya gwan make fun of them for that while in a thread doing the same ?

come on man you cant slam snowflakes and be one at the same time it destroys a persons credibility ( bob im looking right at ya)

Screw politics, what manager/art director saw this and said, yup, lets release this. I have to assume this is satire made by republicans, I have to.

Agreed. That seems the most likely scenario.

What if the republicans made the ad knowing the reaction it would get?

Well, it isn't on a comedy page. It is on an actual liberal media page. Granted only 12k subscribers... but still very cringe worthy.

Progressives really need to watch this:

Well, it isn't on a comedy page. It is on an actual liberal media page. Granted only 12k subscribers... but still very cringe worthy.

So you cant tell that the people what made that commercial werent going for humor cuz it isnt on cracked dot com or something ?

Ya gwan make fun of them for that while in a thread doing the same ?

come on man you cant slam snowflakes and be one at the same time it destroys a persons credibility ( bob im looking right at ya)

I doubt anyone is actually outraged by this ad. It was just lame and awkward. Dems can’t meme. That’s almost an axiom of our times. I think the reaction people have to this will be similar to a person who cuts a rancid fart in an otherwise polite social setting. Just kind of inch away and gossip about the person later

Back