Democrats No Longer Pretending To Support Borders

Conservative here:
I am actually for dismantling of ICE. I am for smaller government. However, we can not eliminate ICE if we have sanctuary cities. We must allow our local police to report and obtain the illegal aliens they encounter on a daily bases to customs and border protection. We must give federal funding to allow local police to enforce this. If we have states and cities that act as sanctuaries for illegals then we can't eliminate ICE.
Governors and Mayors who support sanctuary cities should be prosecuted.

Haven't seen any dem worth noting argue for open boarders -- just easier pathways. The campus soy boy brigage don't have enough stroke to make me think they speak for the dems on this.

That being said, ICE under the obama watch did a fantastic job of supporting deportation initiatives and their militant style acts a good deterrent to letting potential boarder hoppers that a shit storm awaits them.

I hate everything you just listed with the exception of "destabilizing the world economy" which is just code for not going along with the oligarchs (seriously how can anyone argue with the effect hes had on the economy at this point?). .

Are you serious? Not going along with the oligarchs? He went after the only things that didn't favor the oligarchs.

When I say "destabilizing the world economy" I'm talking about how he's deregulated the financial sector so that Wall Street can gamble with securities just like they did leading up to the 2008 collapse, and how he radically cut taxes on the ultra-wealthy with the explicit knowledge that the middle class would pay back the expanded deficit through higher taxes and cuts to social security.

Only a complete idiot would be happy with what he's done with the economy or think it's contrary to oligarchic desires.

Not true, blue states have their debt subsided by the federal government because they aren't allowed to go broke.

Republicans take way more aid than democrats. Democrats have more education and contribute a ton the the wealth of the states.

Your narrative that they are looking for.a handout is dead wrong and does not understand the motive and reason people want progressive policies.

It is to give. Not to get.

I could not make sense of your other reply.

Republicans take way more aid than democrats. Democrats have more education and contribute a ton the the wealth of the states.

Your narrative that they are looking for.a handout is dead wrong and does not understand the motive and reason people want progressive policies.

It is to give. Not to get.

I could not make sense of your other reply.

Education doesn't equal wealth. You got 'educated' people with 200K in student loan debt because they got a shit degree that doesn't pay.

And your economy is not a measure of your citizens. This is how California claims they are the 5th largest economy but can't afford single payer because they only collect 230 Billion in taxes from the citizens, it's two separate things.

Progressives want the government to pay for all of their programs and when the state can't tax the citizens to make up the difference, they get a bailout from the fed. This goes much harder than simple 'welfare', which is another big asking point of blue cities.

Education doesn't equal wealth. You got 'educated' people with 200K in student loan debt because they got a shit degree that doesn't pay.

And your economy is not a measure of your citizens. This is how California claims they are the 5th largest economy but can't afford single payer because they only collect 230 Billion in taxes from the citizens, it's two separate things.

Progressives want the government to pay for all of their programs and when the state can't tax the citizens to make up the difference, they get a bailout from the fed. This goes much harder than simple 'welfare', which is another big asking point of blue cities.

You sound angry and post misleading thread titles. Democrat are educated people who make really good money and are willing and loving enough to want everyone, even the less intelligent among us to have a basic standard of living. We are right to want this and it will happen eventually. Fight all you want but the numbers are on our side.

I see lots of talk in the media that there is significant support for open borders yet have never heard of anyone actually supporting it other than politicians and idealist white college kids (who almost always end up becoming moderate after a few years in the workforce). This is one of those things where I seriously think there could be some deep state involvement. Nothing being presented in the mass media comes close to what I am experiencing in real life.

I see lots of talk in the media that there is significant support for open borders yet have never heard of anyone actually supporting it other than politicians and idealist white college kids (who almost always end up becoming moderate after a few years in the workforce). This is one of those things where I seriously think there could be some deep state involvement. Nothing being presented in the mass media comes close to what I am experiencing in real life.

I think the open border idea is being exaggerated and misrepresented on purpose for political reasons. Cortez does not even support a truly open border. I dont know anyone who does anywhere on the spectrum. I am far left and listen to TRT and Secular Talk and no one from those programs supports open borders.

Hispanic democrats*

Holy fuk, the DNC is an absolute mess. LOL

Democrats’ push to abolish ICE took a dagger to the heart Thursday when the Congressional Hispanic Caucus voted against endorsing the policy, saying it wouldn’t solve anything.

The CHC comprises nearly 30 Hispanic Democrats in the House and Senate, and it has been a leader on immigrant-rights, so its opposition is a devastating blow to those pushing the attack on U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

CHC Chair Michelle Lujan Grisham, New Mexico Democrat, said they want to see major changes in immigration, but renaming an agency or moving functions around won’t achieve that.

“Simply terminating ICE fails to address President Trump’s underlying cruel immigration policies and priorities that target families and children,” she said.

She said they want to see the agency’s priorities refocused away from detaining and deporting illegal immigrants — a major part of the agency’s duties — and instead aimed at policing human trafficking, online sex predators, money laundering cybercrime.

The CHC voted not to back a bill introduced this week by Rep. Mark Pocan, Wisconsin Democrat, that would abolish ICE within a year.

The bill does not, however, say what it would do with all of the agency’s duties, instead leaving that to a commission whose membership would be heavily comprised of immigrant-rights activists.

Abolishing ICE has become a major cause among very liberal lawmakers and activists, with some Democratic candidates pushing it as an election issue.

Republicans have moved to defend ICE and its agents and officers, offering resolutions of support in both the House and Senate.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/13/hispanic-democrats-oppose-abolishing-ice/

Not every Hispanic is Mexican and not every Hispanic supports illegal immigration, the dems know this

Open boarders is what made this Country. People and ideas are the greatest resource in the world, why would we turn them away?

Its too bad this sort of got overlooked. The GOP called their bluff and were going to put their absurd bill on the floor and they said they'd vote against it.

How many more slaps in the face do "dreamers" and their supporters have to get before they realize the democratic party is clowning them? But they won't. The stupid sheep will be right out there, supporting the same liars who have accomplished absolutely nothing for them.

Could this not have been just a comment on the other thread?

FFS

Open boarders is what made this Country. People and ideas are the greatest resource in the world, why would we turn them away?
<{katwhu}>

The united states takes in more immigrants annually than any other country in the world by a fairly large margin.

Could this not have been just a comment on the other thread?

FFS
Nah, this is BIG. I’m assuming it’s bad news for you and your ideals, and you probably hope this would get lost in a sea of posts elsewhere.

Back