Democrats Propose over $1 Billion for Election Cyber Security

So how many votes were switched by hacking?

No voting machine was ever "hacked" and the votes changed or erased. How do people keep repeating this nonsense.

One city vs nationwide. Standardization and distribution takes time, and yes, lots of money.
This. We don't even have the legal infrastructure to support standardized voting, much less any technical/distribution considerations. Also, four million is probably a really low estimate.

This is a good idea. Especially since The President seems to have no intention doing anything except kowtowing to Russia.
What should we do? Start a war?

We've funneled millions upon millions into clean elections BTW. This is just liberals putting a scare into people again, its what they do.

How many votes were altered by hacking the voting machines? I doubt the system is capable of making that determination.

How many voters' minds were changed via fake news Facebook and Twitter? Probably a lot, but I doubt there's any reliable stats on that.

How many votes were altered by hacking the voting machines? I doubt the system is capable of making that determination.

How many voters' minds were changed via fake news Facebook and Twitter? Probably a lot, but I doubt there's any reliable stats on that.
Is making facebook posts really meddling? Its like saying MArk Wahlberg meddled in the election because of that embarrassing video he made before the election.

Is making facebook posts really meddling? Its like saying MArk Wahlberg meddled in the election because of that embarrassing video he made before the election.
Spreading fake news designed to influence the outcome of a vote sure the fuck is meddling.

Funny how the story changed from "silly Donald you can't hack an election" to the Russians

We've funneled millions upon millions into clean elections BTW. This is just liberals putting a scare into people again, its what they do.
tumblr_mwhoibqP4y1rk4lspo1_500.gif

USA looks like jackasses for allowing foreign meddling so easily and to let it go completely unpunished and welcome subsequent attempts no problem.

Don't anyone cite some top secret covert retaliation that didn't happen.

With Nancy Pelosi leading the charge the Democrats will for sure come out victorious!

Republicans don't want security
^--This lady, coined 'lil debby23' actually truly believes Republicans don't want security.

"We just want to be unsafe because we hate our own country that we pretend to be patriotic for in hopes of a Russian invasion."

-Lil debby23 2018

I'm saying that the app, which is the frontend, is secure and fairly hackproof. That's all a voting machine needs, a simplistic interface, not complicated operating systems.

it certainly does NOT need to sit on expensive hardware either due to the nature of the transaction.
My point is you can't just secure the front end, the backend is where most of the work is done and the data is stored and that's the expensive part.

I'll admit I don't know shit about voting machines, but my assumption is any app they build for the ui would communicate with a back end storage requiring an all new interface and api to prevent a compromise from emulating the app.

It wasn't important before they lost the election, weird.

I kind of question how easy it is to "hack" our voting systems and send them awry without detection and diplomatic retaliation.

But, why not? Of all the things to spend money on having a better and more secure voting system seems desirable on first look.
The machines are easily hacked. There’s a hacker convention, DEF CON, that had over 25 different machines last year and each one was hacked
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/07/31/defcon-hackers-us-voting-machines

The machines are easily hacked. There’s a hacker convention, DEF CON, that had over 25 different machines last year and each one was hacked
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/07/31/defcon-hackers-us-voting-machines

Since we are talking about election security, we might want to buck the trend of digitizing everything and do the systems through paper again.

So long as we're not clearing out a patch of old growth forest each election, I will not mind.

Back