Democrats Propose over $1 Billion for Election Cyber Security

Going to need national voter I.D. to ensure that Russians aren't bussing in to vote multiple times.
i think the two biggest factors to voting are securing anonymity and integrity.

but my instincts say if voting has 100% integrity, then you can be tracked. and vice versa

voter id sounds like it would be great for integrity but then somebody will be able to find out who you vote for.

tumblr_mwhoibqP4y1rk4lspo1_500.gif
Derails his own thread. What an ass.

voter id sounds like it would be great for integrity but then somebody will be able to find out who you vote for.

Not true. Look up blind cryptography. A vote could be cast from an authenticated user without identifying the user to the machine that tallies the votes.

Not true. Look up blind cryptography. A vote could be cast from an authenticated user without identifying the user to the machine that tallies the votes.
can you walk me through it a little? doesnt cryptography by definition create the ability to be tracked?

everyone thought bitcoin was untrackable, but even basic police work can track every purchase once the hard drive is collected.

is blind crypt immune from process of elimination?

I don't have any problem with this as long as it's part of an over all bill to secure voting like ID requirements and other things.

how about just institute voter id?

oh thats right, democrats don't care about voting integrity at all. they want to have illegals and dead people vote for them.

how about just institute voter id?

oh thats right, democrats don't care about voting integrity at all. they want to have illegals and dead people vote for them.

They're doing a very poor job of that then. Since there was only 4 proven cases of voter fraud in the 2016 election, and it was all from Republicans.

The answer given by one, when asked why she did it, was "the polls were rigged!"

It would be great if the citizens votes actually counted.
But no, we're voting for the person to vote for us.
And if that person is having bad day, then their vote won't be in our favor.

I still laugh hard when I see that gif. That is some epic scream I wonder if that thing will scream again if Tromp gets reelected.
Probably wasn't as epic as the one Trump and Melania did when they found out they actually won - which they didn't want.

Russia posts stuff anti Hillary stuff on social media

democrats: lets spend a billion on the voting machines!

Russia posts stuff anti Hillary stuff on social media

democrats: lets spend a billion on the voting machines!

The U.S. official in charge of protecting American elections from hacking says the Russians successfully penetrated the voter registration rolls of several U.S. states prior to the 2016 presidential election.

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security, said she couldn't talk about classified information publicly, but in 2016, "We saw a targeting of 21 states and an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated."

It wasn't just social media.

A billion to ensure the proper control of trillions seems reasonable - it stands no chance.

The U.S. official in charge of protecting American elections from hacking says the Russians successfully penetrated the voter registration rolls of several U.S. states prior to the 2016 presidential election.

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security, said she couldn't talk about classified information publicly, but in 2016, "We saw a targeting of 21 states and an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated."

Always been intrigued by ""We saw a targeting of 21 states and an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated."

An exceptionally small number indicates 2 or more, thus like 10% of those targeted.

Always been intrigued by ""We saw a targeting of 21 states and an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated."

An exceptionally small number indicates 2 or more, thus like 10% of those targeted.
Well, it's more than 0.

We know Russia successfully penetrated voter rolls in some states. And we also know some voters were turned away for not being registered, despite their insistence they were.

Trump won by 75,000 key votes across 3 state. Depending on how voter registration was actually manipulated, it could have had a substantial impact on the election.

Genuine question: Has there been any actual hacking or legitimate voter meddling? From what I can gather, it's basically a bunch of spam bots and fake ad/news stories on Facebook.

Well, it's more than 0.

We know Russia successfully penetrated voter rolls in some states. And we also know some voters were turned away for not being registered, despite their insistence they were.

Trump won by 75,000 key votes across 3 state. Depending on how voter registration was actually manipulated, it could have had a substantial impact on the election.

Here you go, @The Diplomat.

If a single vote was changed from Hillary to trump a billion would be acceptable

So they want to spend a billion dollars to stop election hacking in electronic voting machines by getting states to buy more electronic voting machines?

We’ve seen the democrats sway those machines their way before, I wonder why they want more.

Just go to paper ballots with voter ID required, I’d like to see the Russians hack that, but it means the democrats have to do a lot more work to get their fake votes. More chances for them to get caught, much harder than just editing some files electronically.

Back