Demon Souls

Watched an explanation and dude said to kill your self in the nexus after every boss fight, to perpetually be in soul form maybe?

Pretty much. After you kill a boss you go back to human form and shifts world tendency to pure white, so to avoid dying in a world while in human form and shifting the world tendency towards black, just off yourself in the nexus to maintain soul form. This way after a little work you can shift all your worlds to pure white.

World tendency has an effect on game events. Some stuff happens in only pure white, some pure black. If you want to make sure you catch everything you can shift to Pure White after a boss kill and keep it there. Then clear all of the Pure White content. Then go back and shift all the worlds to Pure Black and complete all of that content prior to completing the game.

Trying to manage World Tendency while playing through the game is almost impossible, so it's easiest to set it to where you want it and lock it in place. There are specific weapons/armor/rings that can only be obtained while in a specific tendency.

Thank fuck 5-2 had an easy boss. I killed the cleaver bitch and just ran by everything else. THe big birds almost killed me before a fog gate.

Fall into the poison, get plagued and stunlocked by demon babies

Fall off shitty environmental geometry into plague and demon babies

That old dude at the top of the castle, holy shit. Him and Penetrator really felt like Souls bosses. And the level stealing grab attack was a nice touch.

Thanks to being overburdened, i couldn't see what the 3 red phantoms dropped after penetrator

So THATS where the Soulbrandt autists got their group name.

Thanks to being overburdened, i couldn't see what the 3 red phantoms dropped after penetrator
Some of their gear IIRC. The scraping spear is the most annoying PVP weapon in the entire series.

That old dude at the top of the castle, holy shit. Him and Penetrator really felt like Souls bosses. And the level stealing grab attack was a nice touch.
Old King Allant is amazing. I love his strut. Gets me every time. You're right, he and Penetrator were the prototype for some of the best Souls bosses.

Once you get in your grove, get some armor/weapon you like you'll start dying a lot less. I played DS1-3 and Bloodborne before I finally got around to Demon's Souls and I still died a lot more than I thought I would.

Also, Blight Town is my least favorite area in all of Soulsborne.

Blight Town can suck a dick.

I actually played these games in order when my friend recommended them. I bought DeSo, DS1 and DS2 in one shot and worked through them in "order". I am a pretty good gamer but man DeSo wrecked my shit so hard it was insane. Fantastic fucking game though.

I have had DS3 for a long time now and I haven't gotten far at all, I kind of dropped it to work on other things in my backlog. Once I finish the Witcher 3 and some 3DS games I will look to get back into it.

Beat this game a couple days ago. Really good. Minus QoL issues, I'd rank it just behind DS1. i feel like this game had the easiest bosses and they've had to keep ramping it up to keep pace with the improving players in subsequent games. Only the spider, maneater, and (embarrassingly) the storm king took multiple tries.

Edit: oh yeah, and the boss from 2-2 and 2-3

Once I do the ds3 dlc, I think I'll try to do all the world tendency stuff in ng+ and kill doran.

Think I'm gonna grab this.

I remember renting this game from my now closed videostore(much respect Videoquest), and just giving up after about two hours. Played DS1,2, and BB, but never went back to this.

My PS3 laughs at my PS4...

Is it good. I heard it was shit.

There is a Surge thread here and a lot of people were pleasantly surprised. I'm only a few hours in but I'm digging it. i would ask those guys their feelings on it if it worth the run through.

394Qm3p.gif

giphy.gif

Back