Demon Souls

This game is so influential to me. Probably my favorite franchise of the last two generations. Demons Souls was so innovative at the time and I haven't really experienced anything like it since.

Of all the shitty games that got a remaster, how does a top 10 GOAT game like this not get one? Shameful display, Sony!

Of all the shitty games that got a remaster, how does a top 10 GOAT game like this not get one? Shameful display, Sony!
There's a lot of speculation of an incoming remaster because Sony, Atlus and Namco-Bandai will all take their servers down at the same time.
I would buy a remaster if they include the 6th archstone world.

There's a lot of speculation of an incoming remaster because Sony, Atlus and Namco-Bandai will all take their servers down at the same time.
Really? That would be fucking awesome. I've always thought the broken archstone would make the perfect setting for a sequel but using it for a remaster would be great too.

The world of Giants! Or whatever it's called.

The world of Giants! Or whatever it's called.
Here's some footage of the world:

Looks a bit generic after playing Dark Souls 1/2/3 and Bloodborne. Hope they can spice it up a bit or maybe they will ditch this version all together.

Tower of LAtria is the creepiest level I've experienced and also the most bullshit with these cheap gravity deaths
Yeah, possibly the best level on the whole soulsborne universe, listening to the Bell is super creepy and scary because you know a tentacle monster is coming.

I believe that the last level of the tower has one of the best boss concept of gaming history.

Yeah, possibly the best level on the whole soulsborne universe, listening to the Bell is super creepy and scary because you know a tentacle monster is coming.

I believe that the last level of the tower has one of the best boss concept of gaming history.

Yeah the Old Monk was awesome.

The 2nd boss of Latria, Man Eater, took me about 30 tries to kill I think.

This game sucks dick. Not as fun as Dark Souls or Bloodborne. Lack of checkpoints or shortcuts really makes dying tedious. And I can't go anywhere but Boleteria now and I'm sick of it already. Maybe I need more downtime after Dark Souls or something because I just can't get into this.
Obligatory git gud

You fuckers made me start a new game.

I beat phalanx, and went to the miner level, it sucks having to kill the miners without a piercing weapon.

Got killed by a fire lizard, raged and went to grab the katana, and got wrecked by the rolling skeletons, got pissed and turned off the game.

Overall, is as good as I remember it, I've been enjoying it

Yeah the Old Monk was awesome.

The 2nd boss of Latria, Man Eater, took me about 30 tries to kill I think.

I cheated like a pussy to beat the man Eaters. There’s a bug where you can just walk up to the fog gate but not go through it and you can shoot arrows at them until they’re dead.

I cheated like a pussy to beat the man Eaters. There’s a bug where you can just walk up to the fog gate but not go through it and you can shoot arrows at them until they’re dead.

lol I would have resorted to that if I knew about it. I'll never forget the day I realized there was a 2nd one.

So I tried playing at 1:00am this morning hoping to go for one last spin at some multiplayer to find that the servers were already down. I guess I misunderstood and thought February 28 would be the last day they’d still be online, but turns out today is the first day of them being down.

I waited too long, i should have been playing for the last two weeks.

<DCrying>

Kind of sad really. Demon’s Souls was more than my first Souls game (and I love the series) it was also my first PS3 game period. Saw it on a stand while I stood in line to buy my PS3 in September of 2011. Loved it, got Dark souls 1 and 2 when they came out and have been playing the series ever since.

Pretty crazy the servers lasted this long. In this era of streamers getting early access, spoiling everying, and beating the games before they officially release and the AA game getting killed off this gen, word of mouth gems like this will never happen again on consoles. Top 10 GOAT game and still secretly the best Souls game.

Lol I bought this twice - imported from Korea since it had English dialogue (but was still far from coming to the states, how that is I don't know), then bought it when it released here. I have two sets of PSN trophies - one for each version on my account, which looks weird.

I really do wish they'd remaster it, maybe as a secret unlockable with the remasters coming in May.

If I ever play through it again (which is doubtful given my backlog) it will be weird not seeing any players’ messages or bloodstains anymore. I think it would feel kind of lonely to be honest.

Unpopular opinion in this thread probably, but to me Dark Souls is vastly superior to Demon's.
I think a lot of it has to do with people wanting to be that "oh you like Dark Souls, I like its less known prototype much better" guy tbh
Not saying people can't have opinions and some will obviously love this one more, I just have a hard time understanding why ...

Still an amazing game though.

Unpopular opinion in this thread probably, but to me Dark Souls is vastly superior to Demon's.
I think a lot of it has to do with people wanting to be that "oh you like Dark Souls, I like its less known prototype much better" guy tbh
Not saying people can't have opinions and some will obviously love this one more, I just have a hard time understanding why ...

Still an amazing game though.
I think the general consensus is Dark Souls is the better game. I've heard Lobos refer to Demons as almost like a Dark Souls beta and I think that's a good description. It laid the ground work and Dark Souls refined it and took it to a different level.

Only reason I'd say Dark Souls is better than Demon's Souls is the connected world. Other than that Demon's Souls had the better enemies and vibe.

The world tendency in Demon's Souls was a nice touch I wish they'd implement in Dark Souls as well.

Back