Demon Souls

Unpopular opinion in this thread probably, but to me Dark Souls is vastly superior to Demon's.
I think a lot of it has to do with people wanting to be that "oh you like Dark Souls, I like its less known prototype much better" guy tbh
Not saying people can't have opinions and some will obviously love this one more, I just have a hard time understanding why ...

Still an amazing game though.

I’d agree with you. I liked Demon’s Souls a lot, but Dark Souls is better imo.

Demon's Souls is still the best Souls to me. Maybe because it was my first, but it just hit a lot of the right notes for me. One of the few remasters I would consider buying day 1.

Playing through Tower of Latria 3-1 for the first time is one of my most memorable experiences with the series, if not gaming.

UMBASA!

Level design was superior to Dark Souls, combat was too. Ds is not without its charm though

Anyone play this first before they ever got into Dark Souls? I remember first playing it when it dropped and was like,"Wtf this game is hard as shit!."

Had me eagerly awaiting the "sequels"

Anyone play this first before they ever got into Dark Souls? I remember first playing it when it dropped and was like,"Wtf this game is hard as shit!."

Yeah I picked it up not really knowing anything about it except that it had good reviews. I probably only got like 1/2 way through the game.

In case anyone is interested there is a private server for playing Demon's souls online.

It doesn't get that much traffic, but more people knowing about it will change that.

It's been stable and reliable for a while now.

Yeah, I picked this up in September 2011 at the same time that I bought my PS3. It was my first game for it, and Watchmen was my first bluray movie. That was about two weeks before Dark Souls released, which I picked up in October 2011.

I bought a PS3 for this game back in the day pretty much on word of mouth recommendations from Sherdog members and I didn't regret it at all. I don't think I've ever bought a console for one game before or since.

I just finished this for the first time. I had to emulate it as my PS3 died, what an amazing experience! It was only a few months ago that I played DS1 to 3 and Bloodborne, so I had months of Souls games, including knock offs (Lords of tbe Fallen my fav of the copy cats). It was cool to wrap up all the games in this genre with the OG.

I hate that I wasnt able to use the online elements, but not being able to call on backup made things extra tense.

I can't really rank any of the From Soft Souls-Borne games, as I love them all for different reason, but this being the first gave it something special.

Difficulty wise, I think this is the easiest of them, but maybe I feel that way because of how my skill level improved.

I love the world of Boletaria, and liked how grounded it felt. The Palace and world 4 with the rolling Skeletons are my fav areas. The Latria prison was really atmospheric too.

I just loved exploring the palace more than anything, and killing the fat guard, what a cocksucker he is throughout the game lol. The Castle, Anor Londo, Drangleic caslte, Lothric castle, and Irithyll are my fav DS levels, so I guess I'm partial to Medieval Euro/gothic settings.

I really hope this gets a proper remaster by the guys that remade Shadow of the colossus, and includes the 6th archstone cut content.

Have you guys seen that video by Sana something? He runs through the unfinished level, reminds me Drangleic castle once you run into the Queen sitting on her throne in DS2.

The game ran pretty flawlessly for me until I got into world 5-2. It locked up on me probably 10 times, which forced me to restart my pc. I heard this area ran poorly on the PS3, like Blight Town in DS1, but thankfully it was all I had left to do before finishing the game.

Last edited:
Back