Law Dems want to decriminalize HIV+ sex with unknowing partners ++UPDATE ITS NOT A FELONY ANYMORE++

The hell kind of data do you need? It's 100% common sense for nearly everyone here except for you.

You meet someone and before you have sex, they tell you they have HIV. You are 99.9% likely to say no. You have no chance of getting HIV.

You meet someone and before you have sex, they say they are clean. You consent and now you are putting yourself at risk of contracting HIV.

That's all the data you need right there. It's called common sense. You could tell your partner to go get tested and they could lie to you and say they came back clean. The only way you could ever know would be by them showing you their actual results. Even then, they could show you fake results and still infect you with the disease and all they get is a slap on the wrist for it.

Laws are put in place to keep the majority of us safe from crazy people with no common sense like you. This law is put in place to get people with HIV laid more often while putting the rest of the public at risk. It's the complete opposite of what laws are intended to do. The only stigma attached to HIV is the fact that nobody fucking wants it and that's never going to change. Yeah it doesn't kill you but who the fuck wants to take a cocktail of pills the rest of their life because someone decided that infecting you with a virus for the rest of your life is worth getting laid? Well apparently this dumb fuck Senator Weiner thinks that's a good idea and it sounds like you do as well.

He has to be trolling, no one could actually think this way. Well, I guess progressives that think this way are making laws for the rest of the world to live by so I stand corrected.

You meet someone and before you have sex, they say they are clean. You consent and now you are putting yourself at risk of contracting HIV.

That would require a question first. I could see why it would be illegal to lie about it.
From my understanding the law forces an individual to disclose private medical information by themselves. Without being ask you have to tell people.
While the government should not force you to disclose private medical information. Instead the other person should be responsible for their own health.

The hell kind of data do you need? It's 100% common sense for nearly everyone here except for you.

You meet someone and before you have sex, they tell you they have HIV. You are 99.9% likely to say no. You have no chance of getting HIV.

That's all the data you need right there. It's called common sense. You could tell your partner to go get tested and they could lie to you and say they came back clean. The only way you could ever know would be by them showing you their actual results. Even then, they could show you fake results and still infect you with the disease and all they get is a slap on the wrist for it.

Laws are put in place to keep the majority of us safe from crazy people with no common sense like you. This law is put in place to get people with HIV laid more often while putting the rest of the public at risk. It's the complete opposite of what laws are intended to do. The only stigma attached to HIV is the fact that nobody fucking wants it and that's never going to change. Yeah it doesn't kill you but who the fuck wants to take a cocktail of pills the rest of their life because someone decided that infecting you with a virus for the rest of your life is worth getting laid? Well apparently this dumb fuck Senator Weiner thinks that's a good idea and it sounds like you do as well.
giphy.gif

But I don't have to tell you I take "XYP" medication for a certain illness that might impact my driving.

?? What do you mean, like a pain killer or sedative?

Yes, yes you would have to say something. If the medication is like an aspirin, with no side effects, then no you wouldn't.

I'm not sure you're getting difference between the two scenarios. If you have prior knowledge beforehand, that there's additional risk involved, then not disclosing such information is considered negligence.

That would require a question first. I could see why it would be illegal to lie about it.
From my understanding the law forces an individual to disclose private medical information by themselves. Without being ask you have to tell people.
While the government should not force you to disclose private medical information. Instead the other person should be responsible for their own health.
A lie by omission is still a lie Snake. Most sane people would expect to be told if their prospective partner had HIV. It's at the very root of common decency. You apparently feel so deeply for those this law was designed for, where is your compassion for all those that could and will likely be negatively impacted by it? There is no sweet solution where everyone is happy. You either pick to support the ongoing disease free health of those around you or you don't. One of the only ways likely to ensure that is making sure there are penalties in place sufficient to deter making such a morally questionable easy to dismiss.

?? What do you mean, like a pain killer or sedative?

Yes, yes you would have to say something. If the medication is like an aspirin, with no side effects, then no you wouldn't.

I'm not sure you're getting difference between the two scenarios. If you have prior knowledge beforehand, that there's additional risk involved, then not disclosing such information is considered negligence.

Like anything that could add additional risk. Would I be charged with a felony I don't disclose that to you?
Lets say I didn't check the tire pressure as required by the manufacturer would I have to disclose that to you?
I don't know if that is legally the case?

But I would say people being killed or injured in a car crash.
Which was operated by someone not disclosing the full risk happens a lot more often than people with HIV not telling anyone.

Why the STD Epidemic in America Is About to Get A Lot Worse

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-the-std-epidemic-in-america-is-about-to-get-a-lot-worse

“STDs are like the Harvey Weinstein of public health crises,” says Chad Felix Greene, who became HIV positive a decade ago when a partner purposefully transmitted the virus—and who this week, raged on Twitter about California’s new adoption of #HIVIsNotACrime legislation, which reduces knowing transmission from felony to misdemeanor (even in cases of blood bank donation). “Think of it this way: Everyone in this country knows how bad the STD epidemic has gotten, but no one wants to face up to all these difficult conversations we need to have in order to fight the problem.”

Indeed, nationwide, public health experts issued an urgent siren call in the wake of the CDC’s annual Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance Report, which revealed yet another rise (the third year in a row now) in the Big Three of tracked STDs in America: chlamydia (1.59 million new cases), gonorrhea (468,514 new cases), syphilis (27,814 new cases, with a tragic 628 cases of congenital syphilis). While HIV rates, tracked separately, reveal a decline nationwide, in several cities around the country such as Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans and San Antonio, Texas, transmissions continue to rise at startling rates. (In Bexar County, Texas, for instance, HIV infections jumped by more than 50 percent in the last decade, from 234 in 2006 to 360 in 2016).....

“We now have rates of babies being born with congenital syphilis not seen in decades,” says David Harvey, executive director of the National Coalition of STD Directors. “It’s a crime. It’s a failure of our health care system. The costs down the road of treating these conditions are enormous with estimates in the billions. STD rates will continue to increase in the United States absent some dramatic change in how we confront these epidemics. Period.”

In multiple interviews with public health advocates tracking the nationwide rise of STDs, their message was united and clear: If President Trump wants to address this public health emergency, our country needs to return to levels of STD-prevention funding once prioritized in the 1990s, when the United States came extremely close to eradicating syphilis completely.

This is disgusting....I feel like this country is on a downward path fast.

this thread gave me a strong strand of AIDS. Thanks @Pwent . Already got some AIDS from a @Fawlty post.

P.S. - That senator looks like he already has AIDS and is planning on giving it to someone after this bill passed.

What we can take from this is that we shouldn't go around having sex with strangers. Maybe these evangelicals are onto something.

In other news, rates of colon and anal cancer are increasing in young people.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/well/live/more-young-people-are-dying-of-colon-cancer.html
Although the NYT denies, citing "experts" that anal sex has anything to do with it.
It might be another mystery like that one:
http://www.nytimes.com/1981/12/10/us/homosexuals-found-particularly-liable-to-common-viruses.html
However, Dr. Siegal and a journal editorial discounted this theory, noting that viruses and homosexuality have been around for a long time but the syndrome is only a few years old.

Good, that is what freedom looks like.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility. Don't want to get the AIDS.
Don't engage in activities that might expose you to it. Very easy.

The government forcing someone to disclose their personal health history or you go to jail is clear government overreach.

Blood transfusions are acceptable collateral damage?

Is there a precedent in the courts to sue someone over contracting an STD?

If this thread has taught me anything it's Snakedafunky and Lubaolong definitely have the AIDS

Back