Denmark's Burqa Ban

I don't agree with banning women from wearing it on the street or whatever. I think the Quebec ban was best. You have to remove the mask to enter a government office or access any government services. Even requiring you to remove it to take the bus or go to the library. I think that's the best: you're free to wear whatever the hell you want on the street or at home, but if you want to be involved with society you need to enter the 21st century. Muslims are allowed to live in our countries but that doesn't mean that we need to tolerate their more barbaric customs like FGM or the niqab.
That's where I fall on it. I think if you're just on the street it shouldn't be a problem but there are many areas where its a legit security concern and there should be restrictions in such contexts. At the end of the day if you really believe that you must wear the niqab or burqa you should be willing to pay the price for it.

It completely goes against my culture, and the only ones for it are Muslims and anti-English leftists.

Most women I know either don't like it or are intimidated by it.

I'm all for Denmark.

Even cuckold France banned them and they didn't have to put security arguments forefont.

No, that's exactly how it works and the only way to not get shafted by the European Court of Human Rights. The ban is disguised behind security reasons saying you can't hide your face in public. It's the same offense if you wear a burqa, demonstrate with a balaclava or enter a bank with your bike helmet on.

I support a burqa ban..not just for the common sense security reasons...

But for western democracy reasons.

If a Muslim women refuses to wear one(her right under western democracy) ..she could be raped,murdered,beaten,etc.

Religious freedom should never be an excuse for repressive cultural practices.

I’d say the same if any other religions had customs that directly affected the rights of any of its followers.

I support a burqa ban..not just for the common sense security reasons...

But for western democracy reasons.

If a Muslim women refuses to wear one(her right under western democracy) ..she could be raped,murdered,beaten,etc.

Religious freedom should never be an excuse for repressive cultural practices.

I’d say the same if any other religions had customs that directly affected the rights of any of its followers.

But where is the fun in that?

Good, burkas are disgusting and a safety concern. Fuck burkas and fuck everyone that forces women to wear that.

Islam is a legit safety concern and should be banned in general. A burqa ban is a good thing but I’d like to see it go several steps farther.

The Burka should be banned worldwide. It is dehumanizing, misogynistic and it looks ridiculous.

No, that's exactly how it works and the only way to not get shafted by the European Court of Human Rights. The ban is disguised behind security reasons saying you can't hide your face in public. It's the same offense if you wear a burqa, demonstrate with a balaclava or enter a bank with your bike helmet on.
have you read the actual ruling? France outlined the reasons for the burka ban and "security risk" was very much secondary. There was no sleight of hand to trick anyone, they were very upfront about it.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/01/france-burqa-ban-upheld-human-rights-court
France banned it in April 2011 and the EU courts upheld then ban again when it was challenged in 2014.

Back