Deontay Wilder refuses to fight AJ.

No he fucking doesnt. Fury at his very best is no where near the mythical level that he is blown up to be now.

A win is a win, but his best accomplishment was one of the worst fights in history. Outside of that he beat a bunch of low level fighters. Same caliber of fighters that Wilder gets clowned on for.

Floyd had a lot of boring wins too but that doesn't seem to tarnish his rep. In fact his fans seem to take pride in the fact that if you care about exciting fights, you DKSAB. Boring fights are supposed to be the mark of a master boxer who only real boxing fans can appreciate.

Floyd had a lot of boring wins too but that doesn't seem to tarnish his rep. In fact his fans seem to take pride in the fact that if you care about exciting fights, you DKSAB. Boring fights are supposed to be the mark of a master boxer who only real boxing fans can appreciate.
Theres a very large portion of fans who thought Floyd was boring.

The difference is, Floyd beat and embarrassed everyone for years and years. Fury definitely beat Wlad, but it was not some dominant eye opening performance.

Theres a very large portion of fans who thought Floyd was boring.

The difference is, Floyd beat and embarrassed everyone for years and years. Fury definitely beat Wlad, but it was not some dominant eye opening performance.
I always thought the reason he got so many views was cos people wanted to see him beat/knocked out?

I always thought the reason he got so many views was cos people wanted to see him beat/knocked out?
Absolutely. He played the heel and trolled the shit out of people. Love it or hate it, youre going to watch.

Absolutely. He played the heel and trolled the shit out of people. Love it or hate it, youre going to watch.
Was just listening to Dillian live on talksport and it got me thinking bout Deontay...
Why doesn't he do any UK or work, interviews or TV appearances.
Does he do any there or is it just not his thing? Seems odd given the circumstances

Was just listening to Dillian live on talksport and it got me thinking bout Deontay...
Why doesn't he do any UK or work, interviews or TV appearances.
Does he do any there or is it just not his thing? Seems odd given the circumstances
Boxing as a whole doesnt receive much coverage here. Only a select few are regularly in the media. Wilder has gained significantly more following through his recent trash talk and the Ortiz fight, but hes not there yet.

Boxing as a whole doesnt receive much coverage here. Only a select few are regularly in the media. Wilder has gained significantly more following through his recent trash talk and the Ortiz fight, but hes not there yet.
Ahh, to be fair, I was speaking to an American dude in my shop last week who brought his kids here for the education who was saying something similar...
How sports isn't pushed very hard in schools or media unless you take it on in college and then it's only one trimester a year or something?
I dunno, sports is big here... Tennis, football, cricket, rugby, boxing and golf... The latter two maybe not in schools but media yes.
The aforementioned sports are pushed from as early as 6/7yrs old two to three times a week.

A lot of people joke that this country uses sport to hide its politics ;)...
As for boxing, the fact sky has practically every right over here and are a huge media / television concern, its no surprise we get a lot of interviews and coverage.
They basically have the monopoly on sports over here with bt having a small part of Bush league sports like speedway and ufc

Ahh, to be fair, I was speaking to an American dude in my shop last week who brought his kids here for the education who was saying something similar...
How sports isn't pushed very hard in schools or media unless you take it on in college and then it's only one trimester a year or something?
I dunno, sports is big here... Tennis, football, cricket, rugby, boxing and golf... The latter two maybe not in schools but media yes.
The aforementioned sports are pushed from as early as 6/7yrs old two to three times a week.

A lot of people joke that this country uses sport to hide its politics ;)...
As for boxing, the fact sky has practically every right over here and are a huge media / television concern, its no surprise we get a lot of interviews and coverage.
They basically have the monopoly on sports over here with bt having a small part of Bush league sports like speedway and ufc
Sports are huge here still, just not boxing. Lots of emphasis on baseball, basketball, and football. Soccer gaining a lot of steam as well.

Sports are huge here still, just not boxing. Lots of emphasis on baseball, basketball, and football. Soccer gaining a lot of steam as well.
I saw 100k for United vs Liverpool over there, that's mad for a friendly... Makes me wonder how cheap the tickets were.

Are sports big in schools though, this guy seemed to explain no - not in non private schools anyway...

I saw 100k for United vs Liverpool over there, that's mad for a friendly... Makes me wonder how cheap the tickets were.

Are sports big in schools though, this guy seemed to explain no - not in non private schools anyway...
Varies largely by location. For example, in the South, highschool football is like a professional sport.

I don’t think sports are pushed that much in schools over here mate tbf. Britain’s up turn in sports like boxing, cycling, swimming etc is down to lottery funding to a large extent. You can see the difference in performances after the Atlanta Olympics which is when the funding started. These sports are a lot more accessible now than they used to be

I don’t think sports are pushed that much in schools over here mate tbf. Britain’s up turn in sports like boxing, cycling, swimming etc is down to lottery funding to a large extent. You can see the difference in performances after the Atlanta Olympics which is when the funding started. These sports are a lot more accessible now than they used to be

I don't think sports are pushed that much in the UK. I met a south africa guy and he said at school in south africa they had a sports lesson every single day. When he came to the UK it was once a week and he got fat.

I think you'd be surprised, I have been from talking to others...
So school typically does two or three physical education classes a week at an hour a class some being double classes and that's before you take it as a gcse or A level.
At primary school once to twice a week.
Also the breaks we have of two 15 minute breaks and a 45 min break.

I think it's to tackle the obesity problem we were faced with??
I also think the theory we do in schools on sports is underestimated/underrated.
I don't think sports are pushed that much in the UK. I met a south africa guy and he said at school in south africa they had a sports lesson every single day. When he came to the UK it was once a week and he got fat.
Yeah,i have a lot of mates from rsa, they're hot on their rugby for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back