Deontay Wilder refuses to fight AJ.

I agree that's all thats happening. In a month or two they'll offer 20 something mil and Wilder will accept. It's a shame the boxing business is run by so many remedial businessmen that copy paste notes of how to do a deal from other fights.

I’m fairly confident hearn won’t up the offer based on recent interviews. why would he?

I’m fairly confident hearn won’t up the offer based on recent interviews. why would he?

Tbh, I think that hearn not raising the offer is as much nonsense and posturing as wilder demanding 50-50 and that at the moment, anything coming out of either side is purely to aid their agenda and negotiate for their fighters...
Wilder won't get 50.50 but hearn will up the offer.

As much as I don't rate Wilders boxing ability, resume, style and as much as I think AJ has the measure of him as well as the majority leverage in all of this.
The wbc is still the most prestigious belt, Wilder is the only half decent American boxer to face him and the fact that he's most likely a relatively easy fight for AJ (all things considered) Is actually enough leverage to make some noise.
Past and other fight earnings don't play the biggest of parts in all of this as AJ does actually 'need' wilder despite what wilder is 'worth'

To put it into another analogy...
If Everton went for manzukavic, inter would demand considerably less than what they'd expect from United if they went in for him.

As for the rematch Claus, I also think that is nonsense as a rematch would suit AJ and hearn as much as shelly and wilder....
Again, it's posturing to be able to offer a rematch after the fight on better terms for themselves than what a pre fight Claus would entail.

Just my opinion.

Tbh, I think that hearn not raising the offer is as much nonsense and posturing as wilder demanding 50-50 and that at the moment, anything coming out of either side is purely to aid their agenda and negotiate for their fighters...

As much as I don't rate Wilders boxing ability, resume, style and as much as I think AJ has the measure of him as well as the majority leverage in all of this.
The wbc is still the most prestigious belt, Wilder is the only half decent American boxer to face him and the fact that he's most likely a relatively easy fight for AJ (all things considered) Is actually enough leverage to make some noise.
Past and other fight earnings don't play the biggest of parts in all of this as AJ does actually 'need' wilder despite what wilder is 'worth'

If Everton went for manzukavic, inter would demand considerably less than what they'd expect from United if they went in for him.

As for the rematch Claus, I also think that is nonsense as a rematch would suit AJ and hearn as much as shelly and wilder....
Again, it's posturing to be able to offer a rematch after the fight on better terms for themselves than what a pre fight Claus would entail.

Just my opinion.
Well said.
Billy-D_Approves.gif

Just my opinion.

I disagree. Other than a belt he brings nothing to the table based on what Joshua brings. No more than Parker brought! As canelo said in an earlier post, wilder had the opportunities to fight wlad, win other belts, fight better opposition, but he let Joshua do all of that instead, even though he’s been a champion longer.
Why is a guy that normally earns up to 2m per fight turning his nose up at 15m. He doesn’t deserve anymore and is getting the large payday off of the back of Joshua

I disagree. Other than a belt he brings nothing to the table based on what Joshua brings. No more than Parker brought! As canelo said in an earlier post, wilder had the opportunities to fight wlad, win other belts, fight better opposition, but he let Joshua do all of that instead, even though he’s been a champion longer.
Why is a guy that normally earns up to 2m per fight turning his nose up at 15m. He doesn’t deserve anymore and is getting the large payday off of the back of Joshua
Hes the best opponent for Joshua. Hes got a belt. To act as if he brings nothing is simply silly. That is a massive stamp on AJ’s resume and literally all that would be left is to take the Lineal championship from Fury. Hed be the first to ever have all of that wouldnt he?

15 million is only relative to what the fight generates. If the fight generates 50 million its a good deal for Wilder. If the fight generates 100 million its a shit offer. Now keep in mind that Wilder’s handlers (be it accurate or not) are telling him its a 100 million fight and offered half of that already to AJ.

Theres a reason Hearn is offering a flat fee and not a %. It isnt to do Wilder a solid.

Here are some quick numbers to chew on.

Lets say the fight made 50 million. 15 million to Wilder is a 70/30 split. Not great, but fair enough deal to get it done imo.

Lets say the fight made 100 million. 15 million to Wilder is a 85/15 split. That is a bullshit deal, regardless of what Wilder’s purses are previously. No one would accept that nor would they be expected to.

In my uneducated and uninformed fan opinion, I think the fight does somewhere between those two figures. Lets say 75 million. 30% of that to Wilder would be 22.5 million.

I keep going back to this measuring stick as I find it strikingly similar, but Canelo/Golovkin 1 was a 65/35 split. This go around is a 60/40 thanks to some negotiating hardball by Golovkin’s people.

Id be willing to place some $ that Wilder would take a flat fee closer to that 22 million. Even if it werent a % split, just the flat fee.

Hes the best opponent for Joshua. Hes got a belt. To act as if he brings nothing is simply silly. That is a massive stamp on AJ’s resume and literally all that would be left is to take the Lineal championship from Fury. Hed be the first to ever have all of that wouldnt he?

15 million is only relative to what the fight generates. If the fight generates 50 million its a good deal for Wilder. If the fight generates 100 million its a shit offer. Now keep in mind that Wilder’s handlers (be it accurate or not) are telling him its a 100 million fight and offered half of that already to AJ.

Theres a reason Hearn is offering a flat fee and not a %. It isnt to do Wilder a solid.

I haven't said he brings nothing, I said he brings no more than parker. And the fight may be big in the states, but over here it is no bigger than Joshua vs Fury/Povetkin even Whyte possibly? Right or wrong, wilder isn't respected over here because of the guys hes fought, and the ones hes not fought.

I haven't said he brings nothing, I said he brings no more than parker. And the fight may be big in the states, but over here it is no bigger than Joshua vs Fury/Povetkin even Whyte possibly? Right or wrong, wilder isn't respected over here because of the guys hes fought, and the ones hes not fought.
He does bring more than Parker. Because we want to see this more than Parker.

Wilder/AJ has interest here even if the fight is in the UK. Fans will watch. All his shit talking recently has gone a long way and folks took notice when he put Ortiz to sleep.

1) it's simple economics, in, its not what wilder is worth anymore but what AJ is worth and what the fight vs Wilder is worth.

2) lol
Come on man, don't try an kid our American compatriots...
It's the biggest fight for joshua and just about any boxing fan, anywhere in the world, would appreciate Wilder vs Joshua in a unification fight more than any other competitor... Unless they win the wbc off Wilder.
Even still, the UK vs USA spin is a big deal due to Americans typically ruling the hw division.

Im a very big joshua fan and don't rate wilder and its cool to be one side of the fence but when you are so far to one side that you cant even see the fence anymore, the opinions become so slanted that they have no value.

Last edited:
Pulev burries both these cans in the same night.

1) it's simple economics, in, its not what wilder is worth anymore but what AJ is worth and what the fight vs Wilder is worth.

2) lol
Come on man, don't try an kid our American compatriots...
It's the biggest fight for joshua and just about any boxing fan, anywhere in the world, would appreciate Wilder vs Joshua in a unification fight more than any other competitor... Unless they win the wbc off Wilder.
Even still, the UK vs USA spin is a big deal due to Americans typically ruling the hw division.

Im a very big joshua fan and don't rate wilder and its cool to be one side of the fence but when you are so far to one side that you cant even see the fence anymore, the opinions become so slanted that they have no value.

1. The guy has a belt but brings nothing more to the table other than that, just like Parker. He has nothing else to negotiate with as opposed to Joshua. Unfortunately he’s worth what hearn says he is worth. He’s missed the boat by taking easy fights whilst Joshua cleaned up

2. Let’s not kid ourselves that most of the British fans either buying or attending the fight will be much more than casual fans. Boxing fans like ourselves want this fight the most, but I can assure you that Joshua vs fury is a bigger fight with the British public. You know how wilder is generally viewed over here. The fight isn’t really any bigger than other fights Joshua can make because of that. British fans will pay to see Joshua, not wilder

Incredible how much everyone is talking about a fight with supposedly little interest.

Far more than theyve talked about Parker or anyone else not named Wlad.

Incredible how much everyone is talking about a fight with supposedly little interest.

Are they? Maybe in the states this is a bigger fight than the general public perceives over here. As I’ve said before, wilder isn’t respected over here by many for different reasons. He isn’t seen as the bogeyman or Joshua’s toughest test by many Joshua fans, who are generally casuals. Because of this there’s no pressure in hearn/wilder to drop their pants at the negotiating table. Joshua sells out Wembley Stadium, as a champion, no matter who he fights
That is the reality

Walked into work this morning and a fair amount of people who are casual boxing fans were talking about Joshua-Povetkin, people are interested when Joshua is fighting full stop.

It does not matter who the other guy in the other corner is, they will talk and pay to watch him fight in thier droves.

Americans are only talking about it because it will be Joshua who is in the other corner as well, he's gaining popularity off the back of being linked with a fight against Joshua

Are they? Maybe in the states this is a bigger fight than the general public perceives over here. As I’ve said before, wilder isn’t respected over here by many for different reasons. He isn’t seen as the bogeyman or Joshua’s toughest test by many Joshua fans, who are generally casuals. Because of this there’s no pressure in hearn/wilder to drop their pants at the negotiating table. Joshua sells out Wembley Stadium, as a champion, no matter who he fights
That is the reality
Ive read countless articles from UK writers about this fight. Its on TV, its on social media. Its all over the place.

Hell its honestly being talked about more than Canelo/GGG.

Walked into work this morning and a fair amount of people who are casual boxing fans were talking about Joshua-Povetkin, people are interested when Joshua is fighting full stop.

It does not matter who the other guy in the other corner is, they will talk and pay to watch him fight in thier droves.

Americans are only talking about it because it will be Joshua who is in the other corner as well, he's gaining popularity off the back of being linked with a fight against Joshua
Im well aware that AJ is the main attraction. That is obvious. Wilder still makes for the biggest show to pair with him.

And no, its not just because hes gaining popularity through Joshua. Hes got himself in the spotlight talking shit recently (see Mayweather), and knocking peoples heads off. He had the same critiques here as you guys do over there for his level of competition. But hes on a good streak now and folks have taken notice.

if whyte KO parker then it will be whyte vs Joshua in April. That will be a bigger fight in the UK and UK PPV than Wilder and its what Hearn wants.

Not sure where that leaves Wilder in Hearns dreams he fights Fury and then winners face off end of summer

See, the problem with this post and the one before, is you're now hiding behind the term 'casuals' to validate your own points and also completely lying about British fans and their views to validate your own to our American friends...

Here's why I say this :
Where do you work?
Cos no casuals who don't know about boxing walk around talking about boxing, especially not a fight two months away when the open is just starting, Ronaldo has just signed to juve, the world Cup has just ended and Wimbledon has just finished.... So I call bullshit on your first statement.

Secondly, what's your definition of casual? Someone who doesn't care for boxing but sees the odd thing here and there? - they aren't buying a ppv.
So someone who follows it CASUALLY? Well, they will know about wilder vs AJ as every single post, pundit and media outlet is talking about it... Even to the point that every article regarding AJ vs Povetkin (including the article on the sky's ports app that most casuals get their sporting 'knowledge' from) talks as much about the fall out regarding contract negotiations and potential next fight between wilder and AJ.

So all these casuals that walk around at work talking about boxing - that I simply don't buy unless in a boxing gym or something, hence why we are here on sherdog - May be mentioning the latest headline on sky'sports which ironically, one of the main ones was about AJ vs Povetkin, which explains why someone may have mentioned it... But if you read the article or actually talked to them, I can almost guarantee that you'd have seen or heard wilder mentioned shortly after...

Fk me, these people lap up what theyre told like with the mayweather mcgregor fight and in this upcoming AJ vs Povetkin fight... Apparantly Povetkin is this ultra dangerous ko artist cos of how he dealt with David 'the glass jaw' Price.
They don't mention how David price was actually beating on Pov and that he gets ko'd flat in almost every fight does our very own canvas King.
So with this in mind, you don't think that AJ vs Wilder has more ground to sell and a bigger pull than Pov, Whyte, Fury or Parker?
Lol, you're talking out your ass.

@Pu03 hey mate, as much as you already know that I'm not your biggest fan... Please don't take this clowns judgement as the whole of Britain's.
Hes straight butt talking.

I figured its more popular than is being lead on here. Its all over the place, even in Povetkin/AJ articles as you mentioned.

See, the problem with this post and the one before, is you're now hiding behind the term 'casuals' to validate your own points and also completely lying about British fans and their views to validate your own to our American friends...

Where do you work?
Cos no casuals who don't know about boxing walk around talking about boxing, especially not a fight two months away when the open is just starting, Ronaldo has just signed to juve, the world Cup has just ended and Wimbledon has just finished.... So I call bullshit on your first statement.

Secondly, what's your definition of casual? Someone who doesn't care for boxing but sees the odd thing here and there? - they aren't buying a ppv.

So someone who follows it CASUALLY? Well, they will know about wilder vs AJ as every single post, pundit and media outlet is talking about it... Even to the point that every article regarding AJ vs Povetkin (including the article on the sky's ports app that most casuals get their sporting 'knowledge' from) talks as much about the fall out regarding contract negotiations and potential next fight between wilder and AJ.

So all these casuals that walk around at work talking about boxing - that I simply don't buy unless in a boxing gym or something, hence why we are here on sherdog - May be mentioning the latest headline on sky'sports which ironically, one of the main ones was about AJ vs Povetkin, which explains why someone may have mentioned it... But if you read the article or actually talked to them, I can almost guarantee that you'd have seen or heard wilder mentioned shortly after...

I work in IT, trust me, they arent boxing fans and take a mild interest in sports outside of football, and yes, they are not talking about Wimbledon or Ronaldo. I am based in the North West, in a city with 2 football teams(you can take your pick which one), and they are much more interested in the Premier League than tennis. Most of them didnt have a clue that Rocky Fielding was fighting for a world title at the weekend just gone....make of that what you will...but i term them as casuals.

As for your second point, i havent got a clue, perhaps i should not only listen in to conversations, but also interupt them question where they gained this knowledge......

Someone who is casual, someone who doesnt really watch boxing, the type of people who dont actually know who Canelo or Golovkin are, but are very aware of Joshua due to his media presence in the UK

Fk me, these people lap up what theyre told like with the mayweather mcgregor fight and in this upcoming AJ vs Povetkin fight... Apparantly Povetkin is this ultra dangerous ko artist cos of how he dealt with David 'the glass jaw' Price. So with this in mind, you don't think that AJ vs Wilder has more ground to sell and a bigger pull than Pov, Whyte, Fury or Parker?
Lol, you're talking out your ass.

You have kind of made no sense with this last statement, YES, of course they listen to the bullshit that they get fed...because they are CASUALS and know no better....

Maybe you should try getting out more and actually talking to people outside of a gym....im not exactly sure what your description of casuals seems to be, but it seems we agree on that based on your rambling post

Back