Deontay Wilder refuses to fight AJ.

I figured its more popular than is being lead on here. Its all over the place, even in Povetkin/AJ articles as you mentioned.
'Joshua & Big Baby in NYC bust-up'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11439837

The latest link to something boxing related in England on sky'sports....

It's about AJ falling out with Miller during a presser for Pov. Guess who gets mentioned and talked about late in the article?
Spoiler - is wilder.

I work in IT, trust me, they arent boxing fans and take a mild interest in sports outside of football, and yes, they are not talking about Wimbledon or Ronaldo. I am based in the North West, in a city with 2 football teams(you can take your pick which one), and they are much more interested in the Premier League than tennis. Most of them didnt have a clue that Rocky Fielding was fighting for a world title at the weekend just gone....make of that what you will...but i term them as casuals.

As for your second point, i havent got a clue, perhaps i should not only listen in to conversations, but also interupt them question where they gained this knowledge......

Someone who is casual, someone who doesnt really watch boxing, the type of people who dont actually know who Canelo or Golovkin are, but are very aware of Joshua due to his media presence in the UK

You have kind of made no sense with this last statement, YES, of course they listen to the bullshit that they get fed...because they are CASUALS and know no better....

Maybe you should try getting out more and actually talking to people outside of a gym....im not exactly sure what your description of casuals seems to be, but it seems we agree on that based on your rambling post
Ramblings lol?
I'll get back to this post properly when I close but for now...
You tried generalising a country's opinion then when called out on it, have defended it by saying an office of IT workers who are football fans who care for the bpl and two North Western football teams and not for Ronaldos transfer to Juventus lol.

Basically... Theyre football fans more than boxing fans and are casual football fans at that.
Shit credentials for generalisation, go change a hard drive or some shit.

Ramblings lol?
I'll get back to this post properly when I close but for now...
You tried generalising a country's opinion then when called out on it, have defended it by saying an office of IT workers who are football fans who care for the bpl and two North Western football teams and not for Ronaldos transfer to Juventus lol.

Basically... Theyre football fans more than boxing fans and are casual football fans at that.
Shit credentials for generalisation, go change a hard drive or some shit.

I think again you misunderstanding what is being said, i told you they were football fans, a fair few of them hold season tickets, im not sure where the casual football fan comment come from, is that because they are not interested in Ronaldo?

And you actually asked where i worked, which is why i explained to you what field i worked in, i dont change hard drives, even idiots like you would be able to do that, so that isnt really something i would be involved in.

If you have a problem, them message me, rather than turn this thread into you trying to gain favour with people by kissing ass

'Joshua & Big Baby in NYC bust-up'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11439837

The latest link to something boxing related in England on sky'sports....

It's about AJ falling out with Miller during a presser for Pov. Guess who gets mentioned and talked about late in the article?
Spoiler - is wilder.
Damn Big Baby went full on Shannon The Cannon.

I think again you misunderstanding what is being said, i told you they were football fans, a fair few of them hold season tickets, im not sure where the casual football fan comment come from, is that because they are not interested in Ronaldo?

And you actually asked where i worked, which is why i explained to you what field i worked in, i dont change hard drives, even idiots like you would be able to do that, so that isnt really something i would be involved in.

If you have a problem, them message me, rather than turn this thread into you trying to gain favour with people by kissing ass
Football fans who only care for their clubs and bpl... That's where casual came from dickhead lol.

Ye, it was a condescending remark, sorry I had to spell that out for you lol.

Kissing ass?
Why, cos you got called out on your original bshit and now the defence to that bshit which is equally as pathetic - I think you'll find I've had plenty a set two with both PUO3 and RR, kissing ass isn't what I do, calling out bshit and Correcting it is.
Especially false generalisations of my country.

So far, your credentials for generalisation and complete bollox claims have come from' my mates in it'...
My credentials would be from the many many customers I speak to who frequent either of my chipshops (one Somerset and one Cheltenham) as well as the hotel I was general manager of.

I've seen many a good post from you before but this thread really isn't your finest hour.
Hold your hands up, you've been busted talking out your ass.

Football fans who only care for their clubs and bpl... That's where casual came from dickhead lol.

Ye, it was a condescending remark, sorry I had to spell that out for you lol.

Kissing ass?
Why, cos you got called out on your original bshit and now the defence to that bshit which is equally as pathetic - I think you'll find I've had plenty a set two with both PUO3 and RR, kissing ass isn't what I do, calling out bshit and Correcting it is.
Especially false generalisations of my country.

So far, your credentials for generalisation and complete bollox claims have come from' my mates in it'...
My credentials would be from the many many customers I speak to who frequent either of my chipshops (one Somerset and one Cheltenham) as well as the hotel I was general manager of.

I've seen many a good post from you before but this thread really isn't your finest hour.
Hold your hands up, you've been busted talking out your ass.

Wow

You have got so much of this wrong, but if your happy with that, then oh well

I’m fairly confident hearn won’t up the offer based on recent interviews. why would he?
Because getting the two most dangerous men in the entire sport in the ring to fight each other will make him a windfall of money. Why would he NOT try to massage that scenario. He's just milking the drama (in order to be able to offer a little more later), he'd be a fool to let the thing entirely die over ego and posturing.... remember there's levels to this.

Has Deontay signed yet? dates set, venues set, terms you agreed set, Joshua has signed .......... so where is Dorothy?

If he doesn't hurry up Jarrell Miller will sign before he does.

Also how the hell has Miller not fought Wilder? you see, Americans can't even arrange to fight each other, this is the problem of why no one comes to their fights, Miller is undefeated bar one draw, or has Deontay been ducking him like he ducked Dylian White? and now AJ.

The management of American boxers is a shambles.

Youre simply posting with an agenda at this point.

What agenda? commenting that American HW's with top records are not getting the opportunities UK or other boxers are?

That's sympathy not hating.

Compare Dylian White to Miller, Whites getting a crack at Parker, former HW champ and is only not getting a title shot yet because Wilder won't fight his mandatory.

Then compare Joshua to Wilder, Joshua's had half the number of fights but has had 3 title opportunities and now has all 3 belts compared to one from Wilder.
He's also getting paid much more.

How is that not a comparison worth mentioning?

Millers had to sign up with Eddie Hearn to try and kick start his career yet the mans undefeated bar one draw, all his American managers have failed him?

I don't know what Wilder is playing at here.......AJ next appointments will be Povetkin then by the looks of it Miller and a whyte rematch....then if fury IF and its a big IF his comeback goes to plan.....not seeing much chance for Wilder in here I think if he doesn't take the April fight he wont be on AJ agenda for a LONG time and he might even loose his belt by the time AJ is finished fighting the other three

What agenda? commenting that American HW's with top records are not getting the opportunities UK or other boxers are?

That's sympathy not hating.

Compare Dylian White to Miller, Whites getting a crack at Parker, former HW champ and is only not getting a title shot yet because Wilder won't fight his mandatory.

Then compare Joshua to Wilder, Joshua's had half the number of fights but has had 3 title opportunities and now has all 3 belts compared to one from Wilder.
He's also getting paid much more.

How is that not a comparison worth mentioning?

Millers had to sign up with Eddie Hearn to try and kick start his career yet the mans undefeated bar one draw, all his American managers have failed him?
So now after you get called out for your bullshit you want to specify you meant “american HWs” (in reality a whopping two of them)? Gotcha.

Wilder had his fight with Povetkin signed, with a decent purse included. Povetkin couldnt piss clean. Care to tell us how that was failed management on Wilders?

Wilder said hed fight Whyte if they guaranteed AJ was next in the contract. Hearn wouldnt do that.

I didnt realize getting to fight Parker, who offers absolutely nothing now, was some incredible opportunity.

But ok, lets just ignore all the facts and shit on American boxers and management at every turn lol.

I do agree that Hearn has done better for his than Wilder’s handlers have done. But at least be accurate in your criticisms. Hearn does also have a much better market than there is here. Fans dont show up for fighters like they do in the UK etc.

So now after you get called out for your bullshit you want to specify you meant “american HWs” (in reality a whopping two of them)? Gotcha.

Wilder had his fight with Povetkin signed, with a decent purse included. Povetkin couldnt piss clean. Care to tell us how that was failed management on Wilders?

Wilder said hed fight Whyte if they guaranteed AJ was next in the contract. Hearn wouldnt do that.

I didnt realize getting to fight Parker, who offers absolutely nothing now, was some incredible opportunity.

But ok, lets just ignore all the facts and shit on American boxers and management at every turn lol.

I do agree that Hearn has done better for his than Wilder’s handlers have done. But at least be accurate in your criticisms. Hearn does also have a much better market than there is here. Fans dont show up for fighters like they do in the UK etc.

Wasn’t povetkin mandatory for the wbc? Wilder had no choice iirc

Compare Dylian White to Miller, Whites getting a crack at Parker, former HW champ and is only not getting a title shot yet because Wilder won't fight his mandatory
The thing is that Wilder isn’t avoiding his mandatory because Whyte isn’t Deontay’s manditory. Whyte is the number 1 contender but the wbc has not ordered a fight between them thus he isn’t the wbc mandatory. What the wbc should have done is establish Whyte as the mandatory and given Deontay an exemption for the Joshua unification. In that case he would have been guaranteed either a fight with the winner or a shot at Deontay’s wbc belt if talks fell through. Instead of that Whyte has signed to fight Parker and is now off the table as a potential challenger in Deontay’s next fight. There’s no doubt that Whyte should be next in line, we can agree on that. However, the argument that Deontay is ducking his mandatory is a phallacy.

Your comments are fair but my point still stands as fact, Whyte and AJ are getting better opportunities in half the time ....... or are you going to tell me I'm wrong?

Also you accuse me of sh*tting on American HW's when I literally praised their records.

Complimenting them is not sh*tting on them so I'm confused by that accusation.

The latter part is a slight phallacy...
We have a lot of good boxers here and they get support from their local cities like the scouse boxers get followed by their liverpudlian fans but generally, no one gives a shit except for the odd few (AJ) who are marketed so well.

It is made out differently via the media.

For example...
Fuck all happens in Liverpool very often and England is very tribal in a competitive way county to county.
So when a liverpudlian like Bellew is fighting and its within touching distance to Liverpool, theyll go to see him.
Boxing tickets are usually quite cheap and a lot of fandomism in the UK regarding boxing actually comes from football fans supporting a boxer cos he supports their county's team.
(hatton/bellew)
Then when it comes to against other nationalities in big fights, the whole country is in... We are small, very multicultural, Liberal and very united.

Aka - we are a weird ass country... But we love it lol.

I know it's just part of the business and the fans drum themselves up over each turn in the long road to making a big one, but if I had my way it'd be like this: If the two camps can't tell the public directly, this fight is going to happen within six months or will be our fighter's next fight or fight after next, then I don't care about it, I don't need to know about it, I don't want to hear about it, read about it, talk about it, analyze it, it might as well mean "We have no boxing news." Because it's nothing to me. " It's like ODLH saying Alvarez/Golovkin needs 1.5 years to marinate, way back when. It's meaningless. A non-statement. It carries no weight. A fight that takes place after two fights or one year is not matchmaking, it's thought-making and thought-making that a child is capable of pulling off. Damn, it's frustrating.

(none of this is directed at the TS, I'm just venting)

The latter part is a slight phallacy...
We have a lot of good boxers here and they get support from their local cities like the scouse boxers get followed by their liverpudlian fans but generally, no one gives a shit except for the odd few (AJ) who are marketed so well.

It is made out differently via the media.

For example...
Fuck all happens in Liverpool very often and England is very tribal in a competitive way county to county.
So when a liverpudlian like Bellew is fighting and its within touching distance to Liverpool, theyll go to see him.
Boxing tickets are usually quite cheap and a lot of fandomism in the UK regarding boxing actually comes from football fans supporting a boxer cos he supports their county's team.
(hatton/bellew)
Then when it comes to against other nationalities in big fights, the whole country is in... We are small, very multicultural, Liberal and very united.

Aka - we are a weird ass country... But we love it lol.
Im certainly on the outside looking in, but it seems like the big fighters always sell very well over there. Sell out massive arenas. That just doesnt happen here. Its all about small gates with big ticket prices in Las Vegas, and Pay Per View.

Ive always had a lot of respect for the fans. Theyre loud as fuck, travel well, etc. Its cool to see. I think in the States our mixed makeup has a lot to do with not caring where somewhere is from, so its just different here maybe.

Back