Deontay Wilder refuses to fight AJ.

Your comments are fair but my point still stands as fact, Whyte and AJ are getting better opportunities in half the time ....... or are you going to tell me I'm wrong?

Also you accuse me of sh*tting on American HW's when I literally praised their records.

Complimenting them is not sh*tting on them so I'm confused by that accusation.
I said Hearn has done better by his guys.

This is splitting hairs a bit, but Parker isnt some great opportunity. He has nothing to offer right now tbh. What he had was taken already. Now its just a means to a rematch with AJ.

I said Hearn has done better by his guys.

This is splitting hairs a bit, but Parker isnt some great opportunity. He has nothing to offer right now tbh. What he had was taken already. Now its just a means to a rematch with AJ.

Exactly, its a fight that moves Whyte forward, its a fight against a guy who just took part in a mega fight so is higher profile right now.

What is Deontay looking at? ........ a fight with Breazeale?

Are you kidding me?

Why doesn't he fight Jarrell Miller? why didn't he jump on Whyte knowing that would elevate his fight with Joshua?

No, what it is that Wilder and his team make crap decisions that don't get him anywhere, yes they've had the odd hurdle but good teams get past that.

Exactly, its a fight that moves Whyte forward, its a fight against a guy who just took part in a mega fight so is higher profile right now.

What is Deontay looking at? ........ a fight with Breazeale?

Are you kidding me?

Why doesn't he fight Jarrell Miller? why didn't he jump on Whyte knowing that would elevate his fight with Joshua?

No, what it is that Wilder and his team make crap decisions that don't get him anywhere, yes they've had the odd hurdle but good teams get past that.
yea. And i don't wamt to pile on. And this isnt trying to talk shit or take sides. The person who has done the best evidently is anthony joshua, guided by a shit hot and very very smart management team. His team are way ahead of the game and have played every move perfectly. This whole shit show has ended with Deontay clutching thin air and joshua has a fight in september.

Think about that from a client and manager perspective. Deontays management are a terrible mess. And deontay needs to jump ship.

Im blaming this all on deontays management. Even if he isnt so smart he should be being looked after as the asset that he is.

They are just clutching at money when its around and have done nothing to build deontay as a credible star without joshua. He has lots of great assets to be bigger than he is.

Hes american
Hes loud
Hes brash
He is a great self promoter
He has a 99% knockout rate in 40 fights
He has the WBC belt. The best one.
He is the HEAVYWEIGHT champion.

Why? Why? Why? WHY?

How is he not popular?

yea. And i don't wamt to pile on. And this isnt trying to talk shit or take sides. The person who has done the best evidently is anthony joshua, guided by a shit hot and very very smart management team. His team are way ahead of the game and have played every move perfectly. This whole shit show has ended with Deontay clutching thin air and joshua has a fight in september.

Think about that from a client and manager perspective. Deontays management are a terrible mess. And deontay needs to jump ship.

Im blaming this all on deontays management. Even if he isnt so smart he should be being looked after as the asset that he is.

They are just clutching at money when its around and have done nothing to build deontay as a credible star without joshua. He has lots of great assets to be bigger than he is.

Hes american
Hes loud
Hes brash
He is a great self promoter
He has a 99% knockout rate in 40 fights
He has the WBC belt. The best one.
He is the HEAVYWEIGHT champion.

Why? Why? Why? WHY?

How is he not popular?

Just throwing it out there, not to flame or anything but...
Could it be that he has three very savvy and experienced boxing managers and they know he isn't good enough to take risks and big fights?

Again, just asking the question, not trying to get a load of Americans come in crying about it....

Could it be that he has three very savvy and experienced boxing managers and they know he isn't good enough to take risks and big fights?

Again, just asking the question, not trying to get a load of Americans come in crying about it....

I’d say that WAS a fair statement, he was protected to fck up until Ortiz. However, if he goes back to fighting shit, guys barely in the top 20, then that will be levelled at him again, and rightly so.

Sure its possible.

Thats exactly the case for wilder. Except sometimes you dont listen and go for broke. This os deontays time to do just that. Take the joshua offer ffs.

And taking the wlad fight. Ie shirly telling deontay not to. Or even go after parker.

I think its pretty clear which side are better at managing their fighter regardless.the evidence is there.

Imagine if eddie was this guys promoter. Imagine. Deontay would be like kanye west.

;)

He was there for Povetkin and then took Ortiz. Id say he was brought along slowly, but his resume is being wildly overblown now at this point. Hes got a handful of guys that are considered decent wins for other fighters but are used as negative marks against him. Its pretty ridiculous.

Imagine if eddie was this guys promoter. Imagine. Deontay would be like kanye west.

;)
Lmao. Pretty solid potential persona comparison.

He was there for Povetkin and then took Ortiz. Id say he was brought along slowly, but his resume is being wildly overblown now at this point. Hes got a handful of guys that are considered decent wins for other fighters but are used as negative marks against him. Its pretty ridiculous.

I get you but looking at it from the other side...
Again, not to flame, just conversing :
He was in the pro game before his direct competitor yet is fighting his direct competitors defeated opponents at similar times, some even after...
Like, brezeale as a fight within the first 15pro fights is right to be a good win.
But at 40 fights is ridiculous.

I think that's why they are looked at as good wins for joshua yet bad wins for wilder....
If he wanted the accolades for beating these guys, he should have been doing it before his direct competition already beat them so early in his career.
As for the rumours of Martin, I hope they're wrong cos that's just ridiculous... It was even a ridiculous fight for AJ to take when he did, only reason it happened was cos of the belt. Martin isn't fit to lace these guys sparring partners gloves let alone get in the ring for them.

I get you but looking at it from the other side...
Again, not to flame, just conversing :
He was in the pro game before his direct competitor yet is fighting his direct competitors defeated opponents at similar times, some even after...
Like, brezeale as a fight within the first 15pro fights is right to be a good win.
But at 40 fights is ridiculous.

I think that's why they are looked at as good wins for joshua yet bad wins for wilder....
If he wanted the accolades for beating these guys, he should have been doing it before his direct competition already beat them so early in his career.
As for the rumours of Martin, I hope they're wrong cos that's just ridiculous... It was even a ridiculous fight for AJ to take when he did, only reason it happened was cos of the belt. Martin isn't fit to lace these guys sparring partners gloves let alone get in the ring for them.
I literally didnt mention AJ. No one has ever once said that Wilder has done what AJ has or in any similar time frame. Helen Keller can see that AJ was ready for bigger challenges faster than Wilder. No one disagrees.

My point is that guys like Duhaupas, Szpilka, Stiverne etc would all (and are all) considered decent wins for other fighters. But because Wilder is disliked they are discredited when discussing him. I mean for fucks sake, folks are even knocking Ortiz now. The same people who picked Ortiz to beat his ass lol.

The guy doesnt have some draw dropping resume but its not the pile of shit that some make it out to be either.

If Wilders resume is shit than so is every other fighters at HW not named AJ because theyve all beat similar competition. There is one big win and that is Wlad. And if you really want to discredit resumes its pretty easy to point out his age and shitty performances as well.

Stiverne is a bit of a decent win, but i dont think he would beat Whyte or Parker(Stiverne that is)

Ortiz is a solid legit win, anyone shitting on that win needs to get a grip

The other guys you mentioned are not worth mentioning

I actually like Wilder in the ring, his performance against Ortiz changed a lot of things in my mind about him(stamina, pressure, punch resistance) but his management team(as others have mentioned, seem to be completely retarded and not realise what he has to gain by fighting Joshua)

If he won, the world would sit up and take notice, even if he lost and put on a good display, he would still make some serious money(if he signed with Hearn), just look at Whyte and Parker as examples of this.

He is stuck with a dinosaur management team who dont know how the game works these days, and its showing

Stiverne is a bit of a decent win, but i dont think he would beat Whyte or Parker(Stiverne that is)

Ortiz is a solid legit win, anyone shitting on that win needs to get a grip

The other guys you mentioned are not worth mentioning

I actually like Wilder in the ring, his performance against Ortiz changed a lot of things in my mind about him(stamina, pressure, punch resistance) but his management team(as others have mentioned, seem to be completely retarded and not realise what he has to gain by fighting Joshua)

If he won, the world would sit up and take notice, even if he lost and put on a good display, he would still make some serious money(if he signed with Hearn), just look at Whyte and Parker as examples of this.

He is stuck with a dinosaur management team who dont know how the game works these days, and its showing
Man I would love to see Whyte and Stiverne. Theyre pretty similar, I think that would be an awesome fight. Lean towards Whyte right now because Im not sure whats left of Stivernes chin.

Im not praising those guys, just saying that theyre considered decent wins for many others whereas he gets clowned for it. He gets held to a different standard because hes not liked.

Id be all for Wilder going with Hearn. Hed make $ and wed get fights.

I literally didnt mention AJ. No one has ever once said that Wilder has done what AJ has or in any similar time frame. Helen Keller can see that AJ was ready for bigger challenges faster than Wilder. No one disagrees.

My point is that guys like Duhaupas, Szpilka, Stiverne etc would all (and are all) considered decent wins for other fighters. But because Wilder is disliked they are discredited when discussing him. I mean for fucks sake, folks are even knocking Ortiz now. The same people who picked Ortiz to beat his ass lol.

The guy doesnt have some draw dropping resume but its not the pile of shit that some make it out to be either.

If Wilders resume is shit than so is every other fighters at HW not named AJ because theyve all beat similar competition. There is one big win and that is Wlad. And if you really want to discredit resumes its pretty easy to point out his age and shitty performances as well.
Woah man, it's only conversation...

Do you not realise that when analysing either fighter, its natural for the comparison between aj and wilder to come up, even to be the measuring stick in a way..
Boxing for a similar amount of time, both leading heavyweight boxing, have all the belts between them and are on a collision course.
That's why one would get mentioned when the other is being talked about lol.

I rate Splizka as a good win, stiverne a whipping boy, I don't buy any of the hype over Ortiz for many many reasons that I have already discussed with you and I know that when that comes up, people try and counter it with Wlad but that is absolutely ridiculously laughable considering what the two have done in their boxing careers lol.
Ortiz, wlad - how do they even end up in the same convo lol?

Again, just to touch on what I said before, explaining why they may be discredited for wilder but lauded for another fighter, which is your whole argument... (yet you don't wanna mention other fighters and why they'd be lauded for them)
To beat someone decent in 14 fights is impressive.
To beat someone decent in 40 fights is no where near as impressive.

There's so much to like about wilder and I used to be a big fan of his but the way his new found fans are making out that he's something he isn't (as well as himself) is really irritating and puts me off him so much.
Just like what happened to me with Haye and Naseem...
He brings it, he may not be that good but by god he has heart and he leaves it all out there.
Like a much better version of D. Whyte...

That Splizka fight, for example, he was getting beat up, same as with Ortiz
But when he knew he had to flip it, he Fking flipped it HARD.

Holy fk, my mind got carried away...
I type as I think.
Sorry for the novel, hope you find time to read it.
@PUO3

Doeant help being at work an stop starting through the message.
Sorry dude

Man I would love to see Whyte and Stiverne. Theyre pretty similar, I think that would be an awesome fight. Lean towards Whyte right now because Im not sure whats left of Stivernes chin.

Im not praising those guys, just saying that theyre considered decent wins for many others whereas he gets clowned for it. He gets held to a different standard because hes not liked.

Id be all for Wilder going with Hearn. Hed make $ and wed get fights.

Nah, Stiverne didnt look interested 2nd time round, im not sure he has any desire to really make a go of it again.

Whyte is no special kind of fighter, but he would beat Stiverne..and he will come up short against Parker(as most of us predict).

There is a bunch of guys who are similair to the HW era of the 80's(not in skill, but in stature), they all need to start picking each other off and making a name for themselves

I live in the UK, and Mike Tyson(and also Frank Bruno) made the likes of Tucker, Bonecrusher, Biggs et al near household names amongst sports fans, we need that back again

Woah man, it's only conversation...

Do you not realise that when analysing either fighter, its natural for the comparison between aj and wilder to come up, even to be the measuring stick in a way..
Boxing for a similar amount of time, both leading heavyweight boxing, have all the belts between them and are on a collision course.
That's why one would get mentioned when the other is being talked about lol.

I rate Splizka as a good win, stiverne a whipping boy, I don't buy any of the hype over Ortiz for many many reasons that I have already discussed with you and I know that when that comes up, people try and counter it with Wlad but that is absolutely ridiculously laughable considering what the two have done in their boxing careers lol.
Ortiz, wlad - how do they even end up in the same convo lol?

Again, just to touch on what I said before, explaining why they may be discredited for wilder but lauded for another fighter, which is your whole argument... (yet you don't wanna mention other fighters and why they'd be lauded for them)
To beat someone decent in 14 fights is impressive.
To beat someone decent in 40 fights is no where near as impressive.

There's so much to like about wilder and I used to be a big fan of his but the way his new found fans are making out that he's something he isn't (as well as himself) is really irritating and puts me off him so much.
Just like what happened to me with Haye and Naseem...
He brings it, he may not be that good but by god he has heart and he leaves it all out there.
Like a much better version of D. Whyte...

That Splizka fight, for example, he was getting beat up, same as with Ortiz
But when he knew he had to flip it, he Fking flipped it HARD.
Ive given my thoughts on Wilder’s career time frame more times than I can count. He simply was not ready. The lack of fundamentals he had isnt something you can just throw into the deep end because he can hit hard. It was just a few years ago that he finally flashed a jab.

Now, I do think it took longer than necessary, but then again he did try on multiple occasions to get in with quality opposition and they couldnt pass a piss test.

Certainly cant agree that Szpilka in any way was beating him up. Recall him taking a few early rounds and Wilder stopped doing dumb shit and took over. He had some struggles with Ortiz to say the least, but he laid it on Ortiz along the way also.

Back