Deontay Wilder refuses to fight AJ.

Nah, Stiverne didnt look interested 2nd time round, im not sure he has any desire to really make a go of it again.

Whyte is no special kind of fighter, but he would beat Stiverne..and he will come up short against Parker(as most of us predict).

There is a bunch of guys who are similair to the HW era of the 80's(not in skill, but in stature), they all need to start picking each other off and making a name for themselves

I live in the UK, and Mike Tyson(and also Frank Bruno) made the likes of Tucker, Bonecrusher, Biggs et al near household names amongst sports fans, we need that back again
I agree with all of this. Stiverne/Whyte is more of a fantasy matchup now for that reason. But if it had happened when (or if ever again) Stiverne really shows up, thats a fun one for us. He looked like he had already seen his fate for that second Wilder fight.

Ive given my thoughts on Wilder’s career time frame more times than I can count. He simply was not ready. The lack of fundamentals he had isnt something you can just throw into the deep end because he can hit hard. It was just a few years ago that he finally flashed a jab.

Now, I do think it took longer than necessary, but then again he did try on multiple occasions to get in with quality opposition and they couldnt pass a piss test.

Certainly cant agree that Szpilka in any way was beating him up. Recall him taking a few early rounds and Wilder stopped doing dumb shit and took over. He had some struggles with Ortiz to say the least, but he laid it on Ortiz along the way also.

I had Splizka ahead but either way, was a good fight.... Tbf, all Wilders fights are.
As I mentioned just now, it's like Whyte, they come to bang an thats awesome an what us fans want.

Going by your messages, I think you've answered most of your own questions...
For example :
Q : Why do Wilders wins not get the credit they get from other fighters.
A : cos he took too long to fight their level of competition, either playing it safe or not good enough at the expected time he should have been.
(most would go with the previous rather than latter)

Q : why do people knock a fighter who pre fight they thought would win in Ortiz.
A : cos they wilder isn't actually as highly regarded as you may like to think, for obvious reasons, therefor fighters which aren't actually rated so high, are touted to win.
E.g
Whytes not particularly good but has serious heart and can bang, will some people pick him to beat Wilder? I would say yes. If he loses, will they say he wasn't that good but had heart and can bang? Makes sense....

Discrediting someone after picking them to win is nonsense.

Guessing you didn't understand the comment, also, strange that you've dodged the other comments regarding what you were saying.
Why always do that?

Ortiz IMO is about the same sort of a win as Parker, and Ortiz looked good as well and tested Wilder.

Both good wins against fighters who needed to prove themselves, i fear that Ortiz may never fight again and look terrible if he does, which will make people discredit the win even more.

Thinking about it, a fight between Ortiz and Parker would be interesting if he beats Whyte, or a fight between Whyte and Ortiz.....

But they are all looking for the Jo$hua fight

Guessing you didn't understand the comment, also, strange that you've dodged the other comments regarding what you were saying.
Why always do that?
The dead horse has been beaten and its mostly going around in circles. I think we both understand each others views even if they may differ.

Ortiz IMO is about the same sort of a win as Parker, and Ortiz looked good as well and tested Wilder.

Both good wins against fighters who needed to prove themselves, i fear that Ortiz may never fight again and look terrible if he does, which will make people discredit the win even more.

Thinking about it, a fight between Ortiz and Parker would be interesting if he beats Whyte, or a fight between Whyte and Ortiz.....

But they are all looking for the Jo$hua fight
Agree with most of this but still think Ortiz beats a majority of the division.

Agree with most of this but still think Ortiz beats a majority of the division.

I'd be surprised to see him fight again, and that will really put a dent in Wilders win, which it shouldnt

I'd be surprised to see him fight again, and that will really put a dent in Wilders win, which it shouldnt
You realize he is fighting in 3 days?

You realize he is fighting in 3 days?

Nope.....

Not a single thread in this boxing forum about it, and i'll be honest, i stopped follwing Razvan Cojanu on twitter a while ago, so it may be my own fault

Nope.....

Not a single thread in this boxing forum about it, and i'll be honest, i stopped follwing Razvan Cojanu on twitter a while ago, so it may be my own fault
Ive only ever heard of the dude because he fought Parker and it was completely terrible lol.

The dead horse has been beaten and its mostly going around in circles. I think we both understand each others views even if they may differ.
Maybe... Although it was you saying them.

Anyway, slightly off topic.
I'm. Bored an looking for a good abstract fight to watch any recommendations?

Maybe... Although it was you saying them.

Anyway, slightly off topic.
I'm. Bored an looking for a good abstract fight to watch any recommendations?

Julio Cesar Chavez v Frankie Randall

Score it impartially, and see who would have won without the knockdown

I hope Fury looks amazing next month lol. I want this to happen. Winner can take AJ in April.

I hope Fury looks amazing next month lol. I want this to happen. Winner can take AJ in April.

His mouth is annoying me though, he's only saying that because he wants Wilder's belt then the Joshua MEGA fight, all British unification.

I don't see how he can say Joshua is being a p*ssy when he's about to send not one but the second contract to Wilder ......... this time he's even signed it first, that's not the act of someone running away.

man if fury could fight as well as he runs his mouth, he'd be tremendous.

Fury doesn't deserve shot against AJ or Wilder before they have fought against each other.

Man, I'm starting to wonder if there is a concerted commercial push behind Joshua that's popped up on this forum lately. Where did these people come from? I don't think half of you ever posted here before this debacle. Man, Hearn and co. obviously want to squeeze him, and they do have leverage. Of course, it's the same way that Canelo had leverage against Golovkin. We aren't going to get the same kind of outcry for a variety of reasons, but it, at least to me, appears to be for the same reasons. Canelo deserves shit for ducking Golovkin for a year, but I don't see Joshua getting the same shit.

As a Canadian, I revel in anti-American bias from time to time, but this seems pretty clear-cut. The boxing community has been international forever, but the net seems to increasingly be international, and for whatever reason, the UK is getting cocky about their HWs, and perhaps that adds to their heavy-handedness. The UK still needs to remember that their best HW ever was a Canadian product, as well. Brought up and trained here.

At the end of the day, we need to look past it and look forward to the fight. It's as much of a 50/50 as I've seen in a minute. Great fight, and it will happen, eventually... we hope.

I like Furys sneaky skills but he should first show up in decent shape in annother easy fight before running his mouth. Otherwise no one will take him serious anymore.

Back