Depression and Negative thoughts first thing in the morning?

Get a job that you somewhat enjoy. Problem solved. You don't have to enjoy it all the time but hating what you do for a living will put you in a bad mood from the moment you wake up.

Usually my first thought is I need to stop these withdrawals. It's awful. I hate that it's gotten to this point. I still function though.
withdrawals will only stop when you stop doing what creates them bud.

How much do you have to drink to get to that point? I'm by all measures a heavy drinker but I've never even gotten the shakes
im surprised i havent got to that level yet.

many a night i polish of a bottle, i put away a bottle of smirnoff last night actually. but ive never had the shakes. i think its a good thing i havent. i couldnt be fucked to deal with that shit.

I am using psychoactive substances to help me at the moment. I'm now off my prescription meds that I always hated using and that gave me bad sides. Now I'm using kratom most days which helps give me energy and relieve the pain from a trapped nerve in my back. I microdose a little weed in the evening to wind down and have just started microdosing psilocybin every 4th day but it's too early to see how effective that will be. I also take dmt a couple times a month which has really changed my perception of this insane plane of reality we live in. I have a much more spiritual outlook on life now and am more inclined to believe in an afterlife, Gods or some kind of supreme being etc. It can be hard to feel happy or content when you firmly believe that there is nothing else beyond this often mundane and painful existence we must endure in these fragile earthbound bodies.

I’m sorry that so many people are unhappy, but I’m happy I’m not alone (not because misery loves company, but because it makes me feel like what I’m feeling is real, and conquer-able).

Anyone else get depressed and hateful and spiteful when they first wake up.

But once you get moving and get out of the house you feel progressively better.

What are some tactics you guys have used to deal with depresssion in your late 20s and early 30s.

Yep. I don't have depression but I'm bombarded with negative thoughts in the morning... as if it isn't hard enough to get my half asleep ass up and out of bed.

I think it's normal. I'm trying to enjoy my warm bed and I have to get up in the cold, bladder ready to explode, sit in traffic then work for 8 hours. I just roleplay in my head like I'm Logan getting up drunk and grumpy and it helps... it really does.

The negative thoughts flood me whenever I'm doing something difficult or excruciating, I just know that I control my mind, not the other way around.

I look at my bank balance and savings on my iPad if I am miserable.

I’m no millionaire but I am saving, so I’m progressing, so I have reason to get up in the morning.

i wake up at 4am, grab a bang energy drink and run until i hallucinate. then i shower and go to work realizing i have accomplished more before dawn than any of the other drones will all day.

I have a job I cant afford to lose.

no job is worth your long-term health and possibly life. any job worth losing typically provides health insurance attached to an employer that cares about you as a person. also, you should look into fmla, it will likely protect your job during treatment.

Yeah I just try and not go too hard everyday. Slowly drink less

I get aweful night sweats and insomnia ic I dont drink. But its way less harsh if I drink less every day

The worst part for me is the shakes and anxiety. I get sweats and shit too but the anxiety is the worst part. I have to take a couple shots before work just to function. I hate it, it's terrible. I can be shaking like a leaf and slam 2 or 3 shots real quick and be ready to perform heart surgery.

Being productive and talking to people usually helps.
And I'm not talking about sharing your issues or letting them know how you feel, but just being friendly and social, interacting with co workers, friends, strangers, etc.

Back