Derek Brunson used to be a Cheerleader.

Tamriel Terror

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
derek-brunson-cheerleading-photos-5.jpg

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-...erleader-started-fighting-145151565--mma.html

"I can do flips, and I was like tossing girls in the air. That's where I got my strength from, just controlling girls in the air. You get core strength, your chest gets all big. It makes you really strong, like you look on steroids, but you don't have to take steroids because of cheerleading."

"Cheerleading is definitely hard on your body. That's why I decided to wrestle in college, not cheerlead."

Cheerleading was hard on his body, so he decided to do an easy laid back sport like wrestling?
{<doc}{<jordan}<{hfved}><bball1><bball2>

Actually, outside of the crazy weight cutting they do, wrestling isn't as hard on your joints as cheer leading (Tumbling, really). All the flips and locked out joints holding people in the air and stuff can really tear down your joints. You've never known any gymnasts who have joint issues?

Should we mock Machida for getting wrecked by a male cheerleader?

Platinum gets mocked for having gotten wrecked by a male model...

Bet he was laying pipe left and right though.

giphy.gif

Actually, outside of the crazy weight cutting they do, wrestling isn't as hard on your joints as cheer leading (Tumbling, really). All the flips and locked out joints holding people in the air and stuff can really tear down your joints. You've never known any gymnasts who have joint issues?
idk about you, but when I wrestled that shit was rough on me. Drilling and wrestling nonstop in practice for hours was rough on me, and I didn't even wrestle for a long time (just my junior year of HS)

Cheerleading soon to become the best base for MMA

Yes we should, they're both pussies.

Cheerleading was hard on his body, so he decided to do an easy laid back sport like wrestling?

He probably had blue balls and a hard-on 90% of the time when he was cheerleading.
I can kinda see why it would be hard on his body.

idk about you, but when I wrestled that shit was rough on me. Drilling and wrestling nonstop in practice for hours was rough on me, and I didn't even wrestle for a long time (just my junior year of HS)
It is definitely rough. I started wrestling in 6th grade and through high school. Mentally it was exhausting and your body would feel like mush during our summer training for hours a day. It was more of a muscular issue for me. I'm not saying there are no issues that people run into, and at the end of the day, joint problems are mostly hereditary, but almost all gymnasts will have serious joint problems at some point in their lives. It's just a different kind of rough on the body.

Not when he's 39 and fighting someone in his prime.

It makes you really strong, like you look on steroids, but you don't have to take steroids because of cheerleading."
Derek setting up his USADA fail excuse already
movieposter.jpg

{<jordan}

Also, what the hell kind of high school did he attend?....theres over twenty cheerleaders and cheerguys(?)
In that pic

That's more people than the JV football team fielded my freshman year

Last edited:
Going by the picture I can see why he wanted to cheerlead

He probably had blue balls and a hard-on 90% of the time when he was cheerleading.
I can kinda see why it would be hard on his body.
Wrestling helped him release all those pent up tension.

[<cena1}

Back