Derrick is a dead man walking

Regardless he was clearly losing the fight.
Well Francis might have been up on the scorcard but let's not pretend it was some all out domination. I'm just saying a short notice fight for your UFC debut is anything but ideal. If they ran it back right now, it would be pick em or Blaydes would be favored.

i'm sure of one thing in this fight, its gonna end violently for someone.

Like I've posted in other thread, beast hAsnt learned his lesson from Mitrione pre- fight banter. The guy is a significant underdog to get flattened.....and there's no doubt that he will.I wouldn't want to be in shoes after Stipe title loss.

In advance ,they ought to find a big enough stretcher to carry b.beast off------
king size bed pan to go along.

"Mar 5 2018"

7M8T7Wh.gif

tenor.gif

I favor Lewis. He's been finished with strikes on a few different occasions, but he is tough and still has a very strong chin. What gives me confidence is his ground game. Lewis is not the type of guy to ride you from the side like Stipe. He mounts and finishes. If he puts Ngannou on his back any time after the three minute mark, he'll be able to finish him.
Lmao says a guy who has never seen Stipe fight anyone on the ground other than Francis

Stipe is fucking devastating from top position.

Lmao says a guy who has never seen Stipe fight anyone on the ground other than Francis

Stipe is fucking devastating from top position.
I've seen Stipe fight. I've seen every one of his fights many times. I don't recall seeing him in full mount once. Lewis, on the other hand, has won from full-Mount multiple times in the UFC.

It's a matter of styles, and although Stipe's the better fighter from the top, he's not the better finisher. Go watch all of their fights.

I've seen Stipe fight. I've seen every one of his fights many times. I don't recall seeing him in full mount once. Lewis, on the other hand, has won from full-Mount multiple times in the UFC.

It's a matter of styles, and although Stipe's the better fighter from the top, he's not the better finisher. Go watch all of their fights.
I've seen all their fights. Mount doesn't matter. Many fighters prefer to rain from half guard and have the ability to get KOs from full guard

I've seen all their fights. Mount doesn't matter. Many fighters prefer to rain from half guard and have the ability to get KOs from full guard
It does matter. Just because some fighters are better fom the side like Stipe. (His wins over Hunt and Ngannou were 5 rounders without 1 mount), that doesn't mean it applies to all. Lewis is a mounter. Hes got a very strong mount, and from there, he's destructive. I'm saying, if Ngannou is on his back for a minute against Lewis, he'll be mounted.

Gotta think that the puncher's chance element is pretty high in a fight like this. But yeah, Ngannou has actually beaten top heavyweights, is much younger, and more likely to have improved since his last fight, so I'm thinking he's a big favourite.

to be fair, Derrick Lewis could've probably beaten the top HWs that Ngannou beat in Overeem and Arlovski. Ngannou is also only 2 years younger than Lewis.

It does matter. Just because some fighters are better fom the side like Stipe. (His wins over Hunt and Ngannou were 5 rounders without 1 mount), that doesn't mean it applies to all. Lewis is a mounter. Hes got a very strong mount, and from there, he's destructive. I'm saying, if Ngannou is on his back for a minute against Lewis, he'll be mounted.

i think Ngannou can get out from being mounted though, especially early, but if the pace is high Lewis could definitely beat the shit out of him anywhere on the ground.

i think Ngannou can get out from being mounted though, especially early, but if the pace is high Lewis could definitely beat the shit out of him anywhere on the ground.
Same here. It is alnost impossible to control Ngannou with any sort of explosiveness in him. The scenario I'm envisioning takes place after a few minutes, if not a round.

I think Lewis lacks the takedown prowess to employ that game plan, and Ngannou is such a freak, that he'd be tough to wrangle anyway.

But, after a few minutes, or even a lucky scramble or knockdown punch, Lewis would wreck him from the top.

Brawling favors Ngannou I think, because while he lacks technique, he undeniably has power but more importantly in this case, does seem to have a very good chin. Ground obviously favors Lewis unless Francis made a big jump in regards to his wrestling.

Anyone else excited for this fight to go past first round to see both fighters gas 1 minute into the second round?

I'd love to see Lewis win, it surely would be a memorable post fight interview and press conference but I have my doubts about that happening.

Gotta think that the puncher's chance element is pretty high in a fight like this. But yeah, Ngannou has actually beaten top heavyweights, is much younger, and more likely to have improved since his last fight, so I'm thinking he's a big favourite.
lol really? they look about the same age.

He might be, but he's dead from exhaustion when he finishes most of his opponents, so he'll be fine.

I don't necessarily agree. Stipe had a hard time even getting to his guard... I think he was only there once in fact. Ngannou stood up from under Curtis at least twice as well and it didn't take long.

I know Derrick is dangerous but he's not a great grappler relative to those two and if he is somehow able to take mount he'll probably lose the top position entirely.

Lewis does not have a chin, Francis won't even have to catch him clean. Let's also not pretend that Lewis has wrestling anywhere near Stipe. Stipe has an elite wrestling pedigree.

I don't necessarily agree. Stipe had a hard time even getting to his guard... I think he was only there once in fact. Ngannou stood up from under Curtis at least twice as well and it didn't take long.

I know Derrick is dangerous but he's not a great grappler relative to those two and if he is somehow able to take mount he'll probably lose the top position entirely.
We'll see how it plays out.

Lewis is only good at a few things on the mat, but they are things that Stipe and Curtiss don't do as well. Stipe and Curtis are much more likely to get Ngannou down in the first place, though.

Lewis has to survive that first round to even have a shot at getting something going. I hope this fight goes long so I can see how the grappling goes when they're tired.

We'll see how it plays out.

Lewis is only good at a few things on the mat, but they are things that Stipe and Curtiss don't do as well. Stipe and Curtis are much more likely to get Ngannou down in the first place, though.

Lewis has to survive that first round to even have a shot at getting something going. I hope this fight goes long so I can see how the grappling goes when they're tired.
I would be content with a stand up war, but I don't think Lewis has the chin for that... still a match up I'm really happy with. 226 is solllliddddd

I want Lewis to win he's fun to watch and intertaining in interviews but...
Equally bad cardio, less power, less speed, worse resume... If it wasn't heavyweight where anyone can be dropped I'd say it's a wash.

This is either going to be over in the first two minutes or its going to look like Houston Alexander vs. Kimbo slice...

pvKAbP3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back