Designer clothes

nickhh

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just curious to see how many of you G & E guys wear designer jeans and what not??

Personally I would never wear a pair of jeans that cost more then $30 or a shirt that cost more then $25 but I would wear a gi that cost over $200. I view my gi's more as equipment vs something I wear for style. Hence why my collection is a Howard unbleached, Atama unbleached, two mundial's and a Vulkan

the only thing designer i buy are sunglasses.

Sunglasses are a weakness of mine, i have one pair of Oakleys, one pair of Michael Kors, and a pair of Versace. at about $100-180 apiece i take care of em.

I like to shop for clothes but by shopping I mean look for deals, I pay full price for nothing. And as a substitute teacher I regularly wear a suit to class with a tie, too many damn teachers wear the same crap as the kids or polo shirts.

I am a shoe whore though when it comes to my sneakers...

Sure, if you can afford it, why not?

Personally my biggest indulgence in this regard is watches.

Sure, if you can afford it, why not?

Personally my biggest indulgence in this regard is watches.

Watch guy huh? I've never really understood the fascination. Why do some watches cost so damn much?! I don't wear jewelry so it doesn't need to be covered in diamonds or made from platinum, pearl is a farmable "gem" and all watches tell time fine so why does one from a respectable company cost $250-25000!? I can understand if your a pilot or ship captain and need a tachiometer and all that other stuff but jesus a sliver of alligator hide does not justify a grand to me. I'll stick to my Casio/Timex...

Lucky jeans, Polo shirt, Clarks shoes. I print hundreds of thousands of t-shirts, but I rarely wear any. :icon_chee

true religion/7 for all mankin jeans, thin hoodies(H&M, Old Navy, Macys), t-shirts, nike SB dunks or Vans, Fitted hats. thats about all i wear. summer i wear just cargo shorts and t-shirts

I spend my money in jiu jitsu gear lol I don't mind forking 250 for a gi lol but bothers me spending 80 bucks for a T-shirt or some classy jeans
I guess we all have different priorities

I spend my money in jiu jitsu gear lol I don't mind forking 250 for a gi lol but bothers me spending 80 bucks for a T-shirt or some classy jeans
I guess we all have different priorities

Ya but your Gi is not gonna to get you laid. Looking good on Saturday night might.

Who said the gi doesn't work with the ladies :wink:

I suppose it could. It does seem that you would be limiting yourself to dojo chicks unless you are wearing your Gi to the supermarket, or flashing wallet shots and saying "check it out......that's me in my Gi".

I suppose it could. It does seem that you would be limiting yourself to dojo chicks unless you are wearing your Gi to the supermarket, or flashing wallet shots and saying "check it out......that's me in my Gi".

haha that's true :icon_chee
BTW you forgot being in the newspaper :p

diesel jeans and nice shirts are a weakness of mine......oh well.

After I graduated college I had to buy some suits for work. Naturally, I decided to upgrade my casual wardrobe as well.

I wear 7 for All Mankind & True Religion Jeans and Hugo Boss dress shirts. I have a Tag Heuer watch and Prada sunglasses. I even have some Uggs. Don't hate, check 'em out:
Men's UGG Ascot Slipper - One of our Most Popular Men's Slipper - UGG Australia Direct

Dressing nice (if you can afford it) makes you stand out from the crowd, gets you noticed by the ladies, and gives off an air of maturity. People are less likely to be rude to you or treat you like a kid if you're not wearing mesh shorts and a t-shirt.

true religion/7 for all mankin jeans,

I've got a pair of 7 for all Mankind jeans, they fit pretty good - wife gets all hot and bothered when I wear them so that's good enough reason for me. :icon_lol:

I've also got a great pair of Edun jeans I really like.

Watch guy huh? I've never really understood the fascination. Why do some watches cost so damn much?! I don't wear jewelry so it doesn't need to be covered in diamonds or made from platinum, pearl is a farmable "gem" and all watches tell time fine so why does one from a respectable company cost $250-25000!? I can understand if your a pilot or ship captain and need a tachiometer and all that other stuff but jesus a sliver of alligator hide does not justify a grand to me. I'll stick to my Casio/Timex...

You're not alone. Most of the people I know have no idea how much I've paid for my watches, and that's the way I like it. They would think I was crazy.

Aside from the fact that I get a lot of enjoyment from them, one of the nice things about a good watch is that many of them retain their value over time. (pardon the pun)

Back