Destiny 2, v1: Keep your spoilers to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I having such a blast in crucible right now with my new loadout.

If you wanna have fun, choose your Titan and equip him with 2 submachineguns and Peacekeepers exotic boots.

Lol, hiding under the platform icebreakering on the archon priest strike, staying outside of the rooms and icebreakering in, or using the phogoth rock was cheesing the encounters. When they fixed those people freaked the fuck out because the encounters were not free loot. The nightfalls in year 1 were far more difficult than destiny 2, and soloing them as they were meant to be played was rough.

Last edited:
Time to stop playing buddy. You know what the game is right now and it's obvious you don't enjoy it. Come back for the events or maybe the DLC but no point of investing your time into something which you're not enjoying. You're offering nothing to the actual D2 conversation here except that you don't like anything about the game. We get it... many of us like the direction they went with D2 and are enjoying ourselves.
are you on bungie's payroll? anytime anyone has something negitive to say about the game you show up and defend it no matter what. I did stop playing it already but I am still keeping an eye out on what's going on hoping it gets better. Their whole ideal of making it better is more cosmetic bs instead of adding shit to improve the longevity of the game.

are you on bungie's payroll? anytime anyone has something negitive to say about the game you show up and defend it no matter what. I did stop playing it already but I am still keeping an eye out on what's going on hoping it gets better. Their whole ideal of making it better is more cosmetic bs instead of adding shit to improve the longevity of the game.

Just a fan of the game / series and you belly-aching about every single little thing, even though you claim you don't play anymore, brings nothing to table. Bungie announces new content and people bitch. The game isn't perfectly balanced (HCR / MIDA) and people bitch... Bungie says there's going to be a balance patch and people bitch. People say they want to buy weapons in IB... Bungie announces you can buy weapons in IB and people bitch. The game isn't perfect but it's very good and many people are enjoying it, but the "group think" that the game sucks is out of control. It's a continuation of the first game and I think it might be too similar to the first game where people burned themselves out.

Your whining specifically makes no sense... you don't desire to play with others, but you also don't want to solo the content. How is that the fault of Bungie? Not only has Bungie been very consistent on the idea that Destiny is better with friends, they have now included TONS of rewards for just being a part of a Clan. I saw a stat on Reddit (didn't verify myself though) and it said that 80% of players are now part of a Clan. That's awesome because this game is exponentially better when playing with friends or in a fireteam.

Lol, hiding under the platform icebreakering on the archon priest strike, staying outside of the rooms and icebreakering in, or using the phogoth rock was cheesing the encounters. When they fixed those people freaked the fuck out because the encounters were not free loot. The nightfalls in year 1 were far more difficult than destiny 2, and soloing them as they were meant to be played was rough.

What about Rockets McDickFace? There's multiple cheese areas for that boss, with one including being on the opposite side of the map and using armor-piercing rounds to shoot through the wall. Then you've got the area underneath where you're fairly safe, and then you can go on top of the chandelier and be pretty safe. Then we had the cheese room in Omnigul where you had one person shooting and the other behind cover reviving.

All those cheeses really took away from the challenge and without them 99% of players wouldn't have been able to solo the content. I don't know anybody who was able to solo a Shield Brothers arc/solar burn Nightfall. Again, there was a cheese spot in there, but it wasn't as reliable as the others we've already mentioned.

Just a fan of the game / series and you belly-aching about every single little thing, even though you claim you don't play anymore, brings nothing to table. Bungie announces new content and people bitch. The game isn't perfectly balanced (HCR / MIDA) and people bitch... Bungie says there's going to be a balance patch and people bitch. People say they want to buy weapons in IB... Bungie announces you can buy weapons in IB and people bitch. The game isn't perfect but it's very good and many people are enjoying it, but the "group think" that the game sucks is out of control. It's a continuation of the first game and I think it might be too similar to the first game where people burned themselves out.

Your whining specifically makes no sense... you don't desire to play with others, but you also don't want to solo the content. How is that the fault of Bungie? Not only has Bungie been very consistent on the idea that Destiny is better with friends, they have now included TONS of rewards for just being a part of a Clan. I saw a stat on Reddit (didn't verify myself though) and it said that 80% of players are now part of a Clan. That's awesome because this game is exponentially better when playing with friends or in a fireteam.
When you lose 3/4 of your player base in under 2 months maybe something is wrong. When you go and cut the price on the PC version prerelease somethings wrong. You know who thinks everything is alright? Luke Smith you know the fucktard who got his advice on how to make D2 from people on twitch and youtube. then there's the bungie fanboys coming in saying no nothings wrong its all good if it was ok ppl would still be playing instead of waiting for the dlc or events.

When you lose 3/4 of your player base in under 2 months maybe something is wrong. When you go and cut the price on the PC version prerelease somethings wrong. You know who thinks everything is alright? Luke Smith you know the fucktard who got his advice on how to make D2 from people on twitch and youtube. then there's the bungie fanboys coming in saying no nothings wrong its all good if it was ok ppl would still be playing instead of waiting for the dlc or events.

See, here we go again. You don't like the game.. this is a known thing around here. You claim you don't play it anymore, so why are you still posting your negativity in this thread? Move on to other games which you do enjoy playing and have a good time. You making whiny posts back to back and accusing people who enjoy the game of being "Bungie shills" is pathetic. Kind of that whole thing about "you eating poison and hoping it makes other people feel sick."

We finally had a successful Guide Games Raid last night. We have tried in the past, but Bungie Server issues and connection issues, which is excessively frustrating considering they hold YOU responsible for leaving a GG raid or nightfall when THEY are the issue (With their shitty servers or whatever)

Anyways we brought two guys through the full raid, and neither one of them had completed it before. It was satisfying for sure.

I personally have found a grind that is keeping me playing: Armour sets. I am grinding the planet Titan every day with all three characters to complete the challenges to get the tokens, and then I cash them all in with my main so I can have the full Armour set. (Lost Pacific armour).
I am also working on the Exodus set and the Wildwood set. Once I have all that, I can start grinding for my Warlock and Titan in the same fashion. I am not lacking in things to do or things to grind for, personally.

I really like the fact that each vendor has a unique armourset. Caydes will be the hardest to get, because you get rewarded from the Flashpoint, so you can't grind with three characters and let your main one benefit: Each character gets rewarded directly from Cayde. (EDITED to say that the Gensym Knight gear can be acquired through Asher Mir on Io)

I like the mod system a lot. I have my IB armour set built to support Void, my Raid Armour built to support Solar, and I am still waiting on mods to build a third set to support Arc. When I want to run a particular subclass, I throw on a particular armour set. I dig it.

Last edited:
Game-breakingly awesome.

Nice vid, great choice of music too, I love some death metal from time to time.

As I said, I have a blast in crucible with the double SMG loadout. Of course, the only way to play with that loadout is to not give a shit about your K/D and about getting destroyed by the whole team of 4 using MIDA and The Last Hope :)

Last edited:
The rumored "loot tables" for people is annoying as fuck. I've gotten the goddamn Raid helmet and chest piece at least 3 times IN the Raid itself and 4-5 times from sweeper bot.

ARGH!

I've also had Orpheus Rig and Lucky Raspberry drop 2-3 times for me but no Celestial Nighthawk. Goddamn you RNJesus.

I'm preloading the PC version. I have my doubts about how much I'll like the PvE, but I always liked PvP in the original an am pretty bored with Overwatch. I've also never had the opportunity to play this type of shooter against people with kb/m, so that should be fun.

Well, battle.net downloaded a 40gb Destiny file last night so I guess I just have to decide if I want to pay to unlock it...

Nvidia released some new drivers for the game. They were giving me weird artifacts when opening 3D Mark, though, so I just rolled back to the previous driver. Didn't seem to be causing any issues in game/benchmark, but it always bugs me a little when programs looks screwy as they're being opened. I heard the beta ran really well for pretty much everyone so I'm just gonna see how it goes with the last set of drivers.

Down to 800,000 PvP players, lower than Destiny 1 year 3 which has 880,000. Man, I was disappointed with the seasons, nothing new. This system was practically already in place in Destiny 1. The trials season 2 guns were complete reskins again. They should have launched with ranked play and half the people bitching would have a reason to play. Not digging the whole design system for guns, essentially all reskins with different perks just to give it a different name. That's just flat out lazy.

Damn. Well, the game isn't that good and the Crucible is shit.

Tomorrow!

I'll be looking over this guide all day while I'm at work: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...omprehensive_new_player_guide_for_pc_players/

To each their own but I enjoyed jumping into D2 blind when it first launched on console. I was allowed to play the way I wanted without any "guidance" or influence from anybody else. I figured out all the small stuff for myself and I think it was more fun that way. I made some mistakes in terms of leveling but who really cares? Power leveling is absurd and people power level as fast as possible and then whine about no end game / no content.

Again, play the game however you desire, but I would suggest going in as blind as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back