Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
well suck it up little fella they made Destiny 2 to cater to the PvP crowd and missed big time thinking dumbing it down was a good ideal. I'm sure by the next DLC they'll have it all good for you guys while hosing the PVE guy for another two years. Getting the playlist fixed so you can pick your mode will be a big plus so will nerfing pulse grenades.
Not true, the game has been catered to kids. That's why there's hardly a resemblance of a skill gap. "We removed in air accuracy because some people have a hard time doing it". That was almost a direct quote from a bungie employee. If they actually listened to the PvP community and top streamers we would have got Destiny 1 with Destiny 2 abilities. No one asked for primaries to be shit, in fact we asked for the opposite. Literally all we wanted was 1 shot kills and abilities to be reduced. The design of the game is simply just retarded. The radar is way to long and it makes no sense due to the higher time to kill. There's just so many dumb decisions bungie made with the game im actually amazed at their stupidity. "We created a team shot meta to reduce the pressure of landing your own shots". This is hardly catering to the PvP crowed considering the changes were to help people who weren't part of the PvP crowd.

All of this on top of the stuff you pointed out as well. (Not picking playlist etc) the game could have been balanced without nerfing primaries even more. I think a fix would be to increase headshot damage a shit load.

Not true, the game has been catered to kids. That's why there's hardly a resemblance of a skill gap. "We removed in air accuracy because some people have a hard time doing it". That was almost a direct quote from a bungie employee. If they actually listened to the PvP community and top streamers we would have got Destiny 1 with Destiny 2 abilities. No one asked for primaries to be shit, in fact we asked for the opposite. Literally all we wanted was 1 shot kills and abilities to be reduced. The design of the game is simply just retarded. The radar is way to long and it makes no sense due to the higher time to kill. There's just so many dumb decisions bungie made with the game im actually amazed at their stupidity. "We created a team shot meta to reduce the pressure of landing your own shots". This is hardly catering to the PvP crowed considering the changes were to help people who weren't part of the PvP crowd.

All of this on top of the stuff you pointed out as well. (Not picking playlist etc) the game could have been balanced without nerfing primaries even more. I think a fix would be to increase headshot damage a shit load.
They did everything they could to make PvP in this game team play like in trials other then the skills needed to play it. They made it 4v4 for whatever fucking reason maybe due to damn near every PvP player in D1 having a hardon for 3v3. They made it a team fire meta to promote team play which wasn't needed outside of trials and IB Rift. The only thing they did differently in D2 is removed the skill gap and spaming of secondaries that was in Trials. I'm sure once they get in rank play, enable lvl advantages, a selectable playlist and you PvP players find something to replace icarus maybe duck walking and they go back to making y'all happy it will be ok.

They made ZERO effort in anything to do with PvP. There is no difference between any of the 4v4 play types other than drops, and DDOS'ers are more prevailent in Trials.

Bring back 6v6. Bring back Mayhem. Bring back game mode CHOICES. I haven't played in about a month and don't even give a shit. TOo bad. I was so amped. I still love raiding with my clan though.

Getting salty in here! LMAO

Looks like the DLC will drop tomorrow at around 10am PST / 1pm EST. Apparently there will be server maintenance starting at 7am PST and projected completion time will be 10am PST at which Curse of Osiris will be active. They're saying pre-load starts at 8am PST (during server maintenance).

I bought the season pass when I bought D2 so I'm going to come back and at least play through the new content. Not sold on the upcoming changes though... Masterworks weapons will make every non-masterworks weapon an instant dismantle. It feels like they just can't admit that fixed rolls were the wrong direction, so they're giving us an RNG chance of getting a weapon which has RNG "perks" but they're still saying it's not "random rolls." While I understand the RNG perks on the Masterworks will be limited to the intrinsic Masterworks perk selections it's just getting silly.

Anyways, trying to be positive and I'm looking forward to new content. The raid lair looks pretty cool (showed a glimpse of it in the new trailer) and I'm trying to be open-minded enough to enjoy myself and and the new DLC.

Cheers everybody!

They made ZERO effort in anything to do with PvP. There is no difference between any of the 4v4 play types other than drops, and DDOS'ers are more prevailent in Trials.

Bring back 6v6. Bring back Mayhem. Bring back game mode CHOICES. I haven't played in about a month and don't even give a shit. TOo bad. I was so amped. I still love raiding with my clan though.
I doubt it's more prevalent right now considering there was 92,000, which is a laughable number, players across all platforms this past weekend.

I doubt it's more prevalent right now considering there was 92,000, which is a laughable number, players across all platforms this past weekend.

There would have been 92,001 if I was home. I still like the game. I pop on, do the flashpoint, maybe a public or two, and a few games of crucible and sign off. The game entertains me anyway.

There would have been 92,001 if I was home. I still like the game. I pop on, do the flashpoint, maybe a public or two, and a few games of crucible and sign off. The game entertains me anyway.
I think that was just the number of people playing Trials of the Nine. Hopefully there are still more people playing the other parts of the game.

Getting salty in here! LMAO

Looks like the DLC will drop tomorrow at around 10am PST / 1pm EST. Apparently there will be server maintenance starting at 7am PST and projected completion time will be 10am PST at which Curse of Osiris will be active. They're saying pre-load starts at 8am PST (during server maintenance).

I bought the season pass when I bought D2 so I'm going to come back and at least play through the new content. Not sold on the upcoming changes though... Masterworks weapons will make every non-masterworks weapon an instant dismantle. It feels like they just can't admit that fixed rolls were the wrong direction, so they're giving us an RNG chance of getting a weapon which has RNG "perks" but they're still saying it's not "random rolls." While I understand the RNG perks on the Masterworks will be limited to the intrinsic Masterworks perk selections it's just getting silly.

Anyways, trying to be positive and I'm looking forward to new content. The raid lair looks pretty cool (showed a glimpse of it in the new trailer) and I'm trying to be open-minded enough to enjoy myself and and the new DLC.

Cheers everybody!

Agree completely on the masterworks thing. I bought digital deluxe so I'm already on the hook for the expansion pass, I might as well get my money's worth out of it.

Honestly the more the curtain gets pulled back on Bungie and D2's development it looks more and more like the game was pulled in all directions by a collection of egos... the problem being that most of those directions were steps backward.

I think that was just the number of people playing Trials of the Nine. Hopefully there are still more people playing the other parts of the game.
There is alot of player running around in patrols now but that could've been due to the free trial.

There is alot of player running around in patrols now but that could've been due to the free trial.

Could also be people trying to fill up their engram slots hoping it will decrypt into new gear after the update. haha I did this for House of Wolves and Taken King and was sorely disappointed both times.

Could also be people trying to fill up their engram slots hoping it will decrypt into new gear after the update. haha I did this for House of Wolves and Taken King and was sorely disappointed both times.
only having 10 slots is a pain I got like 3 or 4 exotic engrams this past week and thought about saving them but figured they'd just turn into something I already had so cashed them in. I've just been loading up on tokens & shards for the 12th when vendors start selling shit.

Engrams won't decrypt into new gear, Bungie has stated this quite a while ago. No point holding onto your engrams.

Engrams won't decrypt into new gear, Bungie has stated this quite a while ago. No point holding onto your engrams.

Not like we not gonna try. It's just shards and/or weapons n parts anyway. Might as well try..

I thought it was only power level that was fixed, not potential weapons/armor choices.

I meant "more prevalent" with respect to the other PvP game modes in D2: More than regular crucible and more than IB.

I thought it was only power level that was fixed, not potential weapons/armor choices.

Pretty sure this is correct. Engram power level is determined when it's generated, but engram contents are generated during decryption.

I don't get how the company that gave us some of THE BEST MP ever with Halo 1, 2, and 3 seems to have bungled the Destiny series so badly.

Just finished the Curse of Osiris Campaign.

-Infinite forest?? More like infinite-borefest. Who in the flying fuck played through the forest and thought it was going to be a fun experience? Exact same shit, over and over, but sometimes with different enemies. Just unreal that they acted like it was going to be a unique experience or something that would be substantially different every time you played through it.

-The stuff with Osiris is just boring and they don't go into any of the lore very much at all.

-Juggler is still alive and well and holy fuck it seemed like maybe they even slowed down abilities even more? I haven't played for over a month but over the ~3 hour campaign I used my super MAYBE 10 times.

-Boss fight was almost as bad as Halo 4... while not quite QTE's it may as well have been.

-Our ghost is replaced by Sagira (ghost of Osiris) for most of the missions but she brings nothing to the table. Very few lines of dialogue and it just felt very silent and boring most of the time. Also feels like we've done all of this before... retrieve a Vex mind, plug it into a Conflux, then boss fight.

-Overall I'm not really feeling like I'm going to be pulled back in. Maybe after the Dec 12 update when they add some more QoL fixes, but I was excited to play the campaign today and it took less than an hour before I was just flat out bored.

I think the xp is bugged agian after getting to lvl 25

Glad I didn't buy the dlc, the shitstorm is going strong right now in the community. This is an all time low for bungie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back