Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I jumped on today to see what content I'm locked out of due to not buying the dlc and surprisingly I can buy that Prometheus Lens from Xur. That thing is hilariously broken.

I jumped on today to see what content I'm locked out of due to not buying the dlc and surprisingly I can buy that Prometheus Lens from Xur. That thing is hilariously broken.

And yet it's the most fun I've had in the crucible since D2 launched. They should really take a lesson, but who are we kidding.

I kind of hate crucible now, and yet I need to grind to unlock a weapon I want. It'll be fine if they balance this thing, but I don't enjoy using it at all and I'm not good enough to forego using it if the entire opposing team has them. Blech.

I kind of hate crucible now, and yet I need to grind to unlock a weapon I want. It'll be fine if they balance this thing, but I don't enjoy using it at all and I'm not good enough to forego using it if the entire opposing team has them. Blech.
I jumped in a matched earlier where I was the only one not using one. Killed a guy with the nameless midnight proceeded to tbag him then his teammate showed up and I was able to kill him with the uriel's tbagged the shit out of him. Then his whole team spawns behind me and kills me and they all team tbag me and I rage quit. I tried one more match but everyone was using them so quit.

I am glad that people are getting some enjoyment out of the situation that pvp is in, but Lens just ruins so many things about it for me. Any power weapon that isn't a rocket launcher is practically obsolete, so there's very little attempt by teams to control the weapon spawns. I've switched over to Nova Bomb because it's the only super that I can reliably expect to get kills with, and that stinks because I consider it to be the least interesting super available to me. A large part of the strategy behind controlling the map and choosing when to use super is just gone.

And obviously all of the interplay between weapon types is nixed. I like trying to move around in order to overcome the range advantage players who are using scout rifles or swords have. But this thing is good at all ranges, although if I can get close enough I still seem to have success with my smg. And the worst part, personally, is that beam weapons just aren't satisfying to use. This situation has made me a lot more aware of just how much I appreciate the aesthetics of gun play in shooters.

Trace Rifles should've been put in the power slot but this is the first one outside of the playstation crowd so they fix the bug and it'll back to scout rifles and auto rifles. Apparently they gave hand cannons an accuracy buff so hoping this pvp shit gets fixed next patch to see if they are any better.

Trace Rifles should've been put in the power slot but this is the first one outside of the playstation crowd so they fix the bug and it'll back to scout rifles and auto rifles. Apparently they gave hand cannons an accuracy buff so hoping this pvp shit gets fixed next patch to see if they are any better.

Completely agree. And I am new to destiny with 2. Only played a tiny bit of the first one. I know some people are saying it is cool to have a weapon that truly feels like an exotic, if they want to keep it the way it is, it needs to be a power weapon. It’d still be a sick power weapon. No way it should be that badass as a stock weapon.

I jumped in a matched earlier where I was the only one not using one. Killed a guy with the nameless midnight proceeded to tbag him then his teammate showed up and I was able to kill him with the uriel's tbagged the shit out of him. Then his whole team spawns behind me and kills me and they all team tbag me and I rage quit. I tried one more match but everyone was using them so quit.

You should just delete the game forever.

xur is selling it.

Why rage quit? U tea bagged first. Lol

It'll be fixed by next week. Enjoy the change of pace. Never liked people so it's no biggie for me.

And yet it's the most fun I've had in the crucible since D2 launched. They should really take a lesson, but who are we kidding.
What lesson is that? I think they've known people like to use broken weapons and abilities for a long time.

What lesson is that? I think they've known people like to use broken weapons and abilities for a long time.

Well I was hoping that they would realize that by reducing the time to kill across the board would be a good thing for PVP. Hell, if they did that and doubled the recharge rate for supers and abilities, they'd have solved 90% of whats wrong with PVP overnight. The reason the gameplay is so stale is teamshooting has become the key to success. There really isn't an incentive to split up, if you're playing competitively. In D1, sticking together had it's uses, but also carried risks. A well placed flank, grenade or super could wipe a team. Now, you'll just tickle them with a nerfed weapon until they notice and team shot you to hell.

I get what you're saying about Bungie not listening though. For the life of me, I can't imagine why. They have to be aware that the community is abandoning this game, so you'd think they'd be open to change. Lord knows why they haven't yet.

I for one am absolutely having a BLAST running through just about everything in PvE with the Lens. I know it's OP and I know it's going to get nerfed, but for now I am having a blast with it. Just melting EVERYTHING.

The new raid is fun, but short as already stated. I love the graphics, the look of the crystal and all that. It's fun and pretty dynamic with a lot of running and jumping around, which is something I really enjoy about it. We didn't finish it because we are all pretty low light level still, but it's cool to do the boss battle.

Finished the CoO campaign over the weekend. The final boss was a little underwhelming. I was using Devour warlock with Winter's Guile, so was chewing threw the adds like a buzzsaw, then I used Merciless on the damage section of the boss and the whole things was a piece of cake.

So far, I'm in the minority that I actually like the Mercury and Fields of Glass maps. The public event is fun when you are flying all over the map, but not being able to call sparrows is a huge disappointment.
Heroic strikes are fun and I like some of the new weapons.
I haven't tried PVP since the update, though. I hear it's a mess.

I just miss rare drops. No ghorn moments, no secret exotic quest (black spindle), no cool exotic swords. Hell I even miss grasps of malok type drops in Destiny as well. From what I've been seeing the forge weapons from the expansion are all pretty awful. I honestly don't understand what bungie is doing anymore.

I want to get a nameless midnight. Took the origin story when I had the choice. What is the easiest way to get that shit? Just keep running strikes?

Also, just started the Osiris campaign, the scout, auto, or hand cannon?

I want to get a nameless midnight. Took the origin story when I had the choice. What is the easiest way to get that shit? Just keep running strikes?

Also, just started the Osiris campaign, the scout, auto, or hand cannon?
Just keep running them. Eventually you will get one.
You can run with the origin story and the black scorpion if you want. BS is a solid weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back