Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I agree with all 5 of their points...

-the story is better
-Guided Games is a good idea just not well executed
-leveling up is much easier and much less grindy
-the map / fast travel and new UI is much better
-there is absolutely more shit to do than there was in D1.

Watch Mojo pinned a comment at the top explaining they meant to get this video out a long time ago but didn't get around to it. I also think it's likely they were comparing Vanilla D1 to Vanilla D2. While D2 turned out to be a shit show the 5 things listed by Watch Mojo were certainly upgrades over D1.
the story is about the same just more of them to do in D1 but shorter then the main ones in D2 if the main story was stopping the Vex in the Black Garden. They turned side story shit in D2 into adventures where in the first game was just side storty shit.

Guided Games is meh there was lfg websites for that with less BS and without the wait but like you said was a good ideal.

Leveling up wasn't a problem until you was trying to get to max lvl and couldn't get any shards or energies other then raiding or rng rewards. You're still get stuck in D2 trying to get to max LL if you're not running the Nightfall, Raid, or Trials and just doing weekly objectives.

The map is a ton better but them same the planets are bigger is bs the Moon was the smallest one in the base game and it's still bigger then Titan. The EDZ and Nessus are bigger but Mar was a big are just sa bunch of dead space and Venus was big too even Earth was big just a lot of dead space. They just filled the maps better and made the enemies respawn in D2.

As for more shit to do that's debatable there was more PvP game types in the base D1, there is the same amount of strikes but D1 also had the Eagle, Viper, Wolf, and Tiger modifiers, there was daily PvP and PvE bounties in D1 compared to the daily and weekly stuff in D2. They've added more events in D2 which is a plus but took away the ability to buy shit in D2. There's more public event types in D2 and lost sectors the patrols are the same but being locked in one area in D2 is retarded.

So I turned in ~500 Gunsmith materials and got 1 Masterworks pulse rifle. I did almost 1000 shards with the Cyptarch and got 2 Masterworks weapons. Couple threads on Reddit with people having massively varying results with some people getting a Masterworks ~50% of the time and others closer to 1-2%.

Kind of a spoiler here about the Forge Weapons for those who are interested :

I still have not got Better Devils dammit

I have been using Nameless Midnight and Sunshot or Dead Orbit's Dire Promise and PO
Once you get the Better Devils you will never want to use another hand cannon again.

So I turned in ~500 Gunsmith materials and got 1 Masterworks pulse rifle. I did almost 1000 shards with the Cyptarch and got 2 Masterworks weapons. Couple threads on Reddit with people having massively varying results with some people getting a Masterworks ~50% of the time and others closer to 1-2%.

Kind of a spoiler here about the Forge Weapons for those who are interested :
they got the 11th weapon this week after you get the 10th I don't know how often that one will pop up.

I have yet to get that one so I can't common how it is. But I do get a ton of Annual Skates.
i actually shouldn’t say that. Better devils is best for PVE imo but old fashion is better for the crucible. I usually play crucible so I’m always thinking everyone means crucible all the time.

i actually shouldn’t say that. Better devils is best for PVE imo but old fashion is better for the crucible. I usually play crucible so I’m always thinking everyone means crucible all the time.
I'm so bad in Crucible with hand cannons. In PvE I'm fantastic with them (haha) but put me in crucible with one and I'm just all over the place. It's like I forget how to play.

I hated that map but 1 vs 2 that you could win I miss that is that a suros pdx?
Oh yeah, my favorite gun. I really miss armsday. Took months but after a while I got one with the rolls I wanted and I loved that damn thing.

that gunsmith gun was nice after I deleted my hawksaw I always tried to get one of them with similar perks but could never find one with headseeker so just went for max stability hopefully pulse rifles get a buff soon in D2.

I'm so bad in Crucible with hand cannons. In PvE I'm fantastic with them (haha) but put me in crucible with one and I'm just all over the place. It's like I forget how to play.

Lol, same. Can’t say I’m fantastic with them in pve but I have fun with them.

so I take it mayhem is just setting the abilitys to D1 speeds getting 2 supers per match is going to be great.

so I take it mayhem is just setting the abilitys to D1 speeds getting 2 supers per match is going to be great.
I love mayhem, my friends and I always troll people by running 6 tethers. Now we will be running 4 tethers lmfao.

Looks like the orb generation via Masterworks is a pretty solid deal... guy on Reddit generated ~65 orbs during a single strike. That sounds like a hell of a lot more fun than what we've seen with D2 so far.

The only thing I've done on this game in like 3 weeks is a Flashpoint last week after grabbing the Prometheus Lens. I'm pretty sure I never went that long without playing the first one and I bought it at launch.
I love mayhem, my friends and I always troll people by running 6 tethers. Now we will be running 4 tethers lmfao.
Why would you use anything else if you're on Hunter? You can do what 90% of people that play Hunter on PC do run around invisible with at least one other invisible hunter and farm people(that have no idea what they're doing) by using Last Hope, because why not crutch invisibility and the gun with fastest ttk in the game.

The only thing I've done on this game in like 3 weeks is a Flashpoint last week after grabbing the Prometheus Lens. I'm pretty sure I never went that long without playing the first one and I bought it at launch.

Why would you use anything else if you're on Hunter? You can do what 90% of people that play Hunter on PC do run around invisible with at least one other invisible hunter and farm people(that have no idea what they're doing) by using Last Hope, because why not crutch invisibility and the gun with fastest ttk in the game.
Because its the worst subclass for hunters for PvP. I mainly use memestrider and shit on people with arcbolts + lucky rasberry. Plus last hope is pretty trash on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back