Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some dude just sent me hate mail for not just holding forward and walking into his team in Mayhem. He was using a Tether in Mayhem and complaining that I made it no fun.. why are people so fucking dumb?

I wish they didn't break the queue up after every game so I could have just kept making that person angry. He also instantly set his whispers to friends only so I couldn't even respond lol.

Don't look at it?
Hey you... stop trying to stay alive in Crucible.

Hey you... stop trying to stay alive in Crucible.
Yeah, run at my group of 3 using Tethers and holding each others pockets. That way we get to have fun shooting you when you're Tethered.

Yeah, run at my group of 3 using Tethers and holding each others pockets. That way we get to have fun shooting you when you're Tethered.
How much they get for a tethered kill with a gun besides a power weapon? I was killing ppl with an energy weapon and kinetic and only getting one point where heavy was giving 3.

Haha... well it makes sense right. You should want to die at all times and allow the other team to win easily. haha.. People I swear, who even has the time to message people for that reason. SMH.

I have enjoyed not playing Destiny. Im fucking playing Wow right now lmao damnit bungie.

Haha... well it makes sense right. You should want to die at all times and allow the other team to win easily. haha.. People I swear, who even has the time to message people for that reason. SMH.
Right? This dude had to go into his settings set Whispers to 'anyone' and then go back and change it back to 'friends only' so that I couldn't respond. This man was all sorts of triggered.

Anybody been on the bungie.net forums recently? Full-on anti-Eververse revolt going on. LMAO

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?pNumber=0&tSort=3&tType=0&d=0&tg=Destiny2&lang=en

Problem is that most of these people are barking up the wrong tree as I'm sure Bungie is contractually obligated to keep MTX (micro-transactions) in game. Since Reddit hosted a "how to get a refund for Destiny" event a couple of weeks ago I'm sure Activision and Bungie higher-ups are needing to make up for that lost revenue and there's not a single chance in hell that it's going away.

Why are they bitching about eververse its not like there is pay to win shit in there there's plenty of other shit to bitch about other then fucking aesthetic items.

Why are they bitching about eververse its not like there is pay to win shit in there there's plenty of other shit to bitch about other then fucking aesthetic items.
It's part of the games core problems. people want sparrows and ships and ghost to drop from actual end game activities. do you not remember getting ships from raid bosses? games dry on loot and half of it is locked behind eververse. but yeah I'd rather see them bring back random rolls and d1 time to kill so I can actually enjoy the game.

It's part of the games core problems. people want sparrows and ships and ghost to drop from actual end game activities. do you not remember getting ships from raid bosses? games dry on loot and half of it is locked behind eververse. but yeah I'd rather see them bring back random rolls and d1 time to kill so I can actually enjoy the game.
Could give a shit less about ship sparrows and ghost. now if the dumb cunts could make the sparrows do something other then transport you like add guns to them then it would be different. You have the Fallen and Cabal with their shit with guns but all this future tech and you can't bolt shit on the sparrows. Ghost other then showing you where loot is really don't do shit in D2. Then the ships pffft useless oh look they change the way your transmat effect looks who gives a shit they are useless.

Could give a shit less about ship sparrows and ghost. now if the dumb cunts could make the sparrows do something other then transport you like add guns to them then it would be different. You have the Fallen and Cabal with their shit with guns but all this future tech and you can't bolt shit on the sparrows. Ghost other then showing you where loot is really don't do shit in D2. Then the ships pffft useless oh look they change the way your transmat effect looks who gives a shit they are useless.
I think some of it has to do with the feeling of accomplishment from receiving something for doing something a little challenging.

I do agree and wish that Sparrows had a little more use to them. They even removed the horn from them and the ability to perform tricks for some reason.

I think some of it has to do with the feeling of accomplishment from receiving something for doing something a little challenging.

I do agree and wish that Sparrows had a little more use to them. They even removed the horn from them and the ability to perform tricks for some reason.
Sparrows that can do tricks and horns* will be sold as a future dlc for the small price of $19.99. Along with 15 more guns.. all of which are re-skins.

*You'll get one Sparrow that can either do tricks or has a horn. A Sparrow that can do tricks and have a horn will cost you $20.00 more at a future date. Also, after 15 tricks or horn honks you're Sparrow will no longer be able to do either.

- Sincerly Deej and Bungo.

This post is brought to you by the society to help buy Deej another Rolls Royce.

Sparrows that can do tricks and horns will be sold as a future dlc for the small price of $19.99. Along with 15 more guns.. all of which are re-skins.
Oh man... I'm going to get my duck horn back finally. CAN'T WAIT.

Lol I was kind of wondering the same thing but Im gonna go ahead take an educated guess and say its because it's a shit ton of new content they've strictly locked behind a paywall in a game already severely lacking end game content whilst also being a game that prides itself on endgame content.

Seems counter productive and almost like they replaced random weapon rolls and all the things we liked with the first one in exchange for microtransactions and this eververse bullshit. Either you spend a lifetime grinding bright engrams for cosmetic useless bullshit I and most likely many other people could care less about, or just spend thousands of dollars to obtain it all.

Just all seems like bullshit especially coming off the heels of a 20$ expansion that was lacking itself.

Looks like the players actually won :

It's a series of Tweets, but here's the text :

"Happy Holidays Guardians. I hope you are enjoying the The Dawning or at least a bit of chaos in Mayhem. There are a few things I want to mention before the year ends...For the upcoming Iron Banner and Faction Rally events, in addition to brand new seasonal armor Ornaments, we’re adding new themed Sparrows, Ghosts, Ships, and Shaders to the reward pools.
Also, early next year, we’re refactoring Raid itemization across the game. The most difficult activities should be the most rewarding.And finally, I know we say it a lot, but we hear your feedback on Eververse. We both want our players to feel respected, and to deliver great content regularly to our community. Expect lots of discussion with the dev team and an update on our path forward after the new year.One more for good measure. We have short term and long term solutions for Vault space in the works, since I know that is another hot topic."

Basically shaders, ships, sparrows, ornaments, and ghosts will be added to the loot pools for factions rallys, Iron Banner, and the Raid. And it looks like they're working on some short term and longer term fixes for vault space.

@tru3f4n , look, I really don't care either way, but you have to at least recognize that 90% of the admittedly cosmetic loot is at Eververse rather than in the game. Sure, tokens exist but I kind of agree with the community that they're not as exciting as getting a drop immediately after defeating a raid boss. You obviously like the stuff behind Eververse because you're buying Silver, but again, I kind of agree with the community here : it's a paid game with paid DLC's... kind of feels like there should less stuff behind another paywall.

All of that being said I have no issues with games costing more or paying more money for good DLC. I'd rather do it that way than through MTX, but as GTA V has shown, MTX are exponentially more beneficial than actually creating and selling content. ROCKSTAR makes more money from selling GTA V shark cards than they ever have from the base game... unreal.
https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/02/gt...rs-ago-and-is-expected-to-have-a-record-year/

Last edited:
Looks like the players actually won :

It's a series of Tweets, but here's the text :

"Happy Holidays Guardians. I hope you are enjoying the The Dawning or at least a bit of chaos in Mayhem. There are a few things I want to mention before the year ends...For the upcoming Iron Banner and Faction Rally events, in addition to brand new seasonal armor Ornaments, we’re adding new themed Sparrows, Ghosts, Ships, and Shaders to the reward pools.
Also, early next year, we’re refactoring Raid itemization across the game. The most difficult activities should be the most rewarding.And finally, I know we say it a lot, but we hear your feedback on Eververse. We both want our players to feel respected, and to deliver great content regularly to our community. Expect lots of discussion with the dev team and an update on our path forward after the new year.One more for good measure. We have short term and long term solutions for Vault space in the works, since I know that is another hot topic."

Basically shaders, ships, sparrows, ornaments, and ghosts will be added to the loot pools for factions rallys, Iron Banner, and the Raid. And it looks like they're working on some short term and longer term fixes for vault space.

@tru3f4n , look, I really don't care either way, but you have to at least recognize that 90% of the admittedly cosmetic loot is at Eververse rather than in the game. Sure, tokens exist but I kind of agree with the community that they're not as exciting as getting a drop immediately after defeating a raid boss. You obviously like the stuff behind Eververse because you're buying Silver, but again, I kind of agree with the community here : it's a paid game with paid DLC's... kind of feels like there should less stuff behind another paywall.

All of that being said I have no issues with games costing more or paying more money for good DLC. I'd rather do it that way than through MTX, but as GTA V has shown, MTX are exponentially more beneficial than actually creating and selling content. ROCKSTAR makes more money from selling GTA V shark cards than they ever have from the base game... unreal.
https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/02/gt...rs-ago-and-is-expected-to-have-a-record-year/

I genuinely feel bad for Chris. he's been around bungie for years and is a awesome dude. him and the liveteam have made this game better by lightyears(see d1). only to have to rebuild from ground 0 because the dev team is extremely incompetent. I feel for you chris.

what makes you think I enjoy buying silver? you're able to get 9 bright engrams each week fairly easily but then have to grind harder once that well rested boost goes away. I have gotten more exotic ships, sparrows, ghost, and exotic armour/weapon reskins through free bright engrams then I have through bought silver ones. Plus with them selling the eververse armour weekly you can get a full set without buying the silver and hoping to get it through a bright engram but most of it being mobility based it's useless.

Now you got ppl bitching about being locked out of content from the dlc and bungie is folding to them. I never recall bungie folding in the first game and letting player get dlc content without having bought the dlc. Now they are putting dlc added loot in the loot table and what not. Yet players still want to bitch about worthless shit and bungie listens to them. Yet you have shit like endless nova bombs in mayhem, hunters having shit armour, pvp still being ran by the same shitty meta and other shit yet everything is coming back to eververse.

what makes you think I enjoy buying silver?

Never said you like buying Silver, and the only reason I tagged you in my post was as a response to your comment here :

The reason people are bitching is because roughly 90% of the loot is in Eververse. This wouldn't be a big deal in a free to play game, but in a paid game with paid DLC's it's kind of a shitty thing to lock away so much content behind loot boxes. Not saying it's a huge issue but it certainly sucks that you don't get a sparrow / ship / ghost from the raid like we used to.... and finally Bungie caved in and that stuff is being refactored into the raid loot pool.

I agree there's tons of shit about which to whine, but the people made a stand. I guess seeing how EA had to back off the MTX with Star Wars : Battlefront 2 there's been a huge shift and the gamers are trying to use that momentum to push back against all of this aggressive MTX bullshit. It looked like it worked, for now anyway, and along with that all the shit which was moved from the Vanilla to the DLC has been brought back as well.

We'll see what happens in the future but I like the way this is heading in general.

Never said you like buying Silver, and the only reason I tagged you in my post was as a response to your comment here :

The reason people are bitching is because roughly 90% of the loot is in Eververse. This wouldn't be a big deal in a free to play game, but in a paid game with paid DLC's it's kind of a shitty thing to lock away so much content behind loot boxes. Not saying it's a huge issue but it certainly sucks that you don't get a sparrow / ship / ghost from the raid like we used to.... and finally Bungie caved in and that stuff is being refactored into the raid loot pool.

I agree there's tons of shit about which to whine, but the people made a stand. I guess seeing how EA had to back off the MTX with Star Wars : Battlefront 2 there's been a huge shift and the gamers are trying to use that momentum to push back against all of this aggressive MTX bullshit. It looked like it worked, for now anyway, and along with that all the shit which was moved from the Vanilla to the DLC has been brought back as well.

We'll see what happens in the future but I like the way this is heading in general.
in the future you grind away in raids to get weapons and armour but instead you'll get shaders, sparrows, ghosts, and ships due to the rng. like in d1 run a fresh nightfall and get a horn kit

in the future you grind away in raids to get weapons and armour but instead you'll get shaders, sparrows, ghosts, and ships due to the rng. like in d1 run a fresh nightfall and get a horn kit
You get the ships as additional rewards, same for sparrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back