Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy... big surprise but looks like some bullshit is going on with Season 2 Faction weapons not dropping at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._this_mornings_hotfix_bungie_removed_over_15/

And the guy who runs the website www.destinysets.com has confirmed that not a single Season 2 Faction Rally weapon has dropped for anybody so far who visits his website.

Big takeaway here : SAVE your faction tokens until we actually hear back from Bungie about this... best chance will be the Weekly Update Thursday afternoon.

I've turned in coins and gotten a few guns, specifically the hand cannon from New Monarchy.

Yeah, but I think you're looking at probably the big update in September-ish of this year. Looks like we're following the EXACT same development cycle of D1 where the game is good, but has some MAJOR problems. They spend the next year fixing it and bringing it to a good place, and then the new DLC drops and the game is magically pretty solid.

Still blows my fucking mind how little communication there is between all the Dev's at Bungie. The Live Team did such a good job making D1 a great game, and then it was all thrown away with this re-boot called D2.

September is sooooo far from the present. Not sure if most of us can hang on... :/

I managed to roust my clan out for a raid lair last nite. We struggled to beat the boss (had to attempt it 4 times I think). It was embarrassing and funny at the same time. we had some good laughs blaming each other.

As soon as it was done people called it a nite cause theres really nothing to do.

I've turned in coins and gotten a few guns, specifically the hand cannon from New Monarchy.

Guns are dropping but they're the same guns from the Season 1 faction rallies. There's are / were a whole bunch of guns in the database for the Season 2 faction rally but they were removed yesterday (I think) after the hotfix.

Fucking peculiar decisions at Bungie :

"In the first Faction Rally of Season 2 (this week), there is a new Auto Rifle available as the Winner’s Offering. No new Faction Weapons are available through Faction Engrams."

So it looks like next faction rally of Season 2 some of these new weapons will be available and more on the 3rd faction rally. Who thought it was a good idea to have ZERO new faction weapons available during a once-a-month-event?

I still like the game, but I am starting to see why people get frustrated with it.

Guns are dropping but they're the same guns from the Season 1 faction rallies. There's are / were a whole bunch of guns in the database for the Season 2 faction rally but they were removed yesterday (I think) after the hotfix.

"In the first Faction Rally of Season 2 (this week), there is a new Auto Rifle available as the Winner’s Offering. No new Faction Weapons are available through Faction Engrams."

So it looks like next faction rally of Season 2 some of these new weapons will be available and more on the 3rd faction rally. Who thought it was a good idea to have ZERO new faction weapons available during a once-a-month-event?

There is a serious disconnect between the Bungie offices and anything remotely resembling a consumer. Who in the hell thinks these are good ideas?

There is a serious disconnect between the Bungie offices and anything remotely resembling a consumer. Who in the hell thinks these are good ideas?

I'm just floored and absolutely dumbfounded by this new concept for Faction Rallies. Why wouldn't we want new weapons? We have fixed perks from a very shallow and boring pool of perks... new weapons are the only thing in this game which offers any variety.

I feel bad for Cozmo, Dmg_04, and Deej... Dmg_04 had to investigate what was going on and why Season 2 weapons weren't dropping. Imagine how bad communication is over there that even the community managers have no idea of what is going on when an event starts. Holy shit... only thing I can think of is the programmers are so sick of being fucked around that they're trying to create as much bad publicity as possible to try and get some managers or executives shit canned.

I'm just floored and absolutely dumbfounded by this new concept for Faction Rallies. Why wouldn't we want new weapons? We have fixed perks from a very shallow and boring pool of perks... new weapons are the only thing in this game which offers any variety.

I feel bad for Cozmo, Dmg_04, and Deej... Dmg_04 had to investigate what was going on and why Season 2 weapons weren't dropping. Imagine how bad communication is over there that even the community managers have no idea of what is going on when an event starts. Holy shit... only thing I can think of is the programmers are so sick of being fucked around that they're trying to create as much bad publicity as possible to try and get some managers or executives shit canned.
Agreed, why in the fuck did we find out after the faction rally started? This is something we definitely should have known well beforehand in an update. This is a little too big of a detail to be just an accidental oversight.

there is probably pissed off people that are upset players are upset with them so they do shit like this as a fuck you to the player base. Like making an IB rift after they said they'd never do it again. I really don't see how some of this annoying shit isn't done on purpose just to fuck with ppl. Like you said why wouldn't we want new weapons that's why we play a tedious ass game like this.

Jesus Christ Bungo, what the fuck are you guys doing?

<2>

{<jordan}

you know if they had outright come out and told us that they holding back the season 2 weapons till a bit later then okay... be upfront and honest then fine...

but this shady piece of shit way of doing shit is turning off the few hardcore players left.

I can't believe Bungie thought people wouldn't have figured this out. you can't get past the hardcore players.

sigh... Bungie blows...

you know if they had outright come out and told us that they holding back the season 2 weapons till a bit later then okay... be upfront and honest then fine...

but this shady piece of shit way of doing shit is turning off the few hardcore players left.

I can't believe Bungie thought people wouldn't have figured this out. you can't get past the hardcore players.

sigh... Bungie blows...

100% agree. When a major change to the way a system works is changed they should let us know, but instead they swept it under the rug and pretended that it wasn't an important update. 10 days ago we're getting all kinds of communication from Bunige about the future of the game, and then right away we're back to them making these sneaky changes with no communication. The fact that even the community managers weren't aware of the throttling or the weapons being removed from the loot pool shows it's a shit show. I can think of nothing else besides pure vindictiveness towards the player base... almost an arrogant "Fuck you, you'll get nothing, and you'll like nothing." Guess they were upset with the players for cheesing the previous Faction Rallies and this is their response.

Looks like somebody has done some data-mining and found the new weapons for the next Iron Banner.

VKfHUHU.jpg

100% agree. When a major change to the way a system works is changed they should let us know, but instead they swept it under the rug and pretended that it wasn't an important update. 10 days ago we're getting all kinds of communication from Bunige about the future of the game, and then right away we're back to them making these sneaky changes with no communication. The fact that even the community managers weren't aware of the throttling or the weapons being removed from the loot pool shows it's a shit show. I can think of nothing else besides pure vindictiveness towards the player base... almost an arrogant "Fuck you, you'll get nothing, and you'll like nothing." Guess they were upset with the players for cheesing the previous Faction Rallies and this is their response.
after they changed it from blowing up the enemy supplies + lost sector caches giving tokens to only putting the tokens in the caches and ppl just cheesing the weep I thought they'd do something it still pisses me off. Like I said before a 2-3min cooldown would've worked just as good now it's like they don't want players to run the lost sectors. Then the whole excuse they didn't want to give players the guns right away because they wouldn't run future Faction rallys is retarded. There is still a rng system in play and a limited amout of tokens you can cash in to get gear it might have taken a whole season to get those guns anyways.

some bungie executives or upper management needs to get the axe and be fired. they really are killing destiny.. I've never seen this game at such a low point. the direction they took this game is so dumb and bad it boggles my mind they thought this game was okay to ship.

some bungie executives or upper management needs to get the axe and be fired. they really are killing destiny.. I've never seen this game at such a low point. the direction they took this game is so dumb and bad it boggles my mind they thought this game was okay to ship.

I don't think they thought it was okay to ship, it's that they had to ship in 2017. If the rumors are true, the development went just like D1. Make a bunch of content, scrap it a year before release and rework the game for 12-16 months before release. There was also a rumor floating around that if Bungie delayed the sequel release again, Activision would receive a large stake in Bungie's ownership or something. Another rumor going around is Eververse was Bungie's idea and suggested it to Activision as an additional revenue stream since they shot themselves in the foot with that awful engine that limits their content creation ability. Poor planning all around it sounds like. "It's not an MMO!" when they should have been treating it like one.

Fascinating to watch this game slowly devour itself and I hope we get some tell all interviews or articles after Destiny is all done. The latest Faction Rally fuck up is inconceivable. You're limiting loot in a loot game. WTF.

My co-worker still plays from time to time and asked me if I'd hop on this weekend to play a little bit and I said nah, man I'm going to check out all The Division updates and play other games instead. It's been pretty hilarious seeing the most popular streamers and Youtubers suggest people check out The Division. <Lmaoo>

I don't think they thought it was okay to ship, it's that they had to ship in 2017. If the rumors are true, the development went just like D1. Make a bunch of content, scrap it a year before release and rework the game for 12-16 months before release. There was also a rumor floating around that if Bungie delayed the sequel release again, Activision would receive a large stake in Bungie's ownership or something. Another rumor going around is Eververse was Bungie's idea and suggested it to Activision as an additional revenue stream since they shot themselves in the foot with that awful engine that limits their content creation ability. Poor planning all around it sounds like. "It's not an MMO!" when they should have been treating it like one.

Fascinating to watch this game slowly devour itself and I hope we get some tell all interviews or articles after Destiny is all done. The latest Faction Rally fuck up is inconceivable. You're limiting loot in a loot game. WTF.

My co-worker still plays from time to time and asked me if I'd hop on this weekend to play a little bit and I said nah, man I'm going to check out all The Division updates and play other games instead. It's been pretty hilarious seeing the most popular streamers and Youtubers suggest people check out The Division. <Lmaoo>
I popped the division in about a month ago and it was dead maybe everyone is in the dark zone but the pve area was just NPCs. Plus I only have the first dlc I might buy the others because I think the last dlc was what added a bunch of endgame shit. For the past couple of weeks though I've been playing warframe it would be nice if the destiny guys stole that games modding system.

Not sure how many here are familiar with the stream Gothalian, but he's actually separating his channel entirely from Destiny. He's changing the subscriber icons (which are currently the Destiny ghost) to something else and he's pretty upset.

Looks like Datto is in the same camp as well... he's been doing his "Weekly Xur" video ever since the 1st week of Destiny and in his last video he's saying he's probably done with these videos for a while. We'll see what comes of that, but sometime during TTK era he went from "DattoDoesDestiny" to just "Datto."

I think the consensus here is "Come back in September of 2018" and see how the game is after the "Comet" expansion. Seems like everything is just falling apart and they can't get a grip on it right now. The LIVE team was put in such a shitty place with D2 and now they're basically being tasked with reconstituting it into D1. We'll see what happens but when the most common comment from D2 updates is "that shit should have been in the game from the start" you know there's some massive problems.

Think I might invest some time in the newest Doom game... bought it a while back during a sale but never played it.

Not sure how many here are familiar with the stream Gothalian, but he's actually separating his channel entirely from Destiny. He's changing the subscriber icons (which are currently the Destiny ghost) to something else and he's pretty upset.

Looks like Datto is in the same camp as well... he's been doing his "Weekly Xur" video ever since the 1st week of Destiny and in his last video he's saying he's probably done with these videos for a while. We'll see what comes of that, but sometime during TTK era he went from "DattoDoesDestiny" to just "Datto."

I think the consensus here is "Come back in September of 2018" and see how the game is after the "Comet" expansion. Seems like everything is just falling apart and they can't get a grip on it right now. The LIVE team was put in such a shitty place with D2 and now they're basically being tasked with reconstituting it into D1. We'll see what happens but when the most common comment from D2 updates is "that shit should have been in the game from the start" you know there's some massive problems.

Think I might invest some time in the newest Doom game... bought it a while back during a sale but never played it.

I think the live team should have seen this shit coming though. They knew what the vanilla game was missing and they saw no need to ramp it up immediately and they thought the little bits they gave us was enough? Curse of Osiris was their baby right and they failed miserably. Shouldn't they get shot me of the blame for not anticipating this?

Don't they have game testers who play and provide feedback? People to tell them this shit is boring or needs to be fixed?..

Whoa. That's kind of crazy as he's been the top Destiny streamer since forever and would pull in some pretty big numbers for raid launches, new content launches, etc.

I'm kind of over the whole "come back for the new content!" when I've played other games that had the same sentiment. But those games are F2P and I'm not really into paying for fixes.

Bungie really should have upped their game with PUBG, Fortnite and all these other online mp games, that cost a fraction of what D2 is really going to cost you in the end, exploding in popularity. They've really dropped the ball in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back