Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say for sure Tanker.
I didn't use the Warlock in IB at all until it was the last day or two, and it ends up that I didn't have the Chest piece unlocked for that character, so I didn't want to risk using him in the IB and then not having the kills count towards the ornament, if it was tied to unlocking the chest piece.

Anyways, I am glad there is another IB before season three. I thought it was pretty lame for a challenge with those kind of numbers. Mind you, if I was conscious of the ornament challenge from the beginning, I probably would have played differently.

So in case you guys haven't heard the Valentines Day themed event, "Crimson Days," is returning next Tuesday (Feb 13). With it comes a new crucible mode, 2v2 Clash, with an interesting change : if you're near your partner then your abilities charge faster, but if you're too far away from your partner it will give your enemies a waypoint to your location.

Tons of new shit to acquire and it's all through gameplay : you CAN NOT purchase Crimson Days engrams. You'll get both and Illuminated engram and Crimson Days engram every time you level up, and there's also Crimson Day's Milestones for Nightfall, the Raid, and completing 5 of the 2v2 PVP matches.

They're doing a "knock out" list so you shouldn't see any repeated rewards until you've gotten every single piece of gear in the Crimson Days loot pool. I'm pretty skeptical of this one as we've seen time and again that Bungie isn't capable of controlling the RNG loot, but we'll see what happens.

Anyways, here's the link :
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46617

Sharded the masterwork scathelock.
:eek:

I alternate between masterworked scathelocke and masterworked purpose in my kinetic

edit: for pve that is, for real pvp MIDA meta tool

Last edited:
From the TWAB:

Going forward, all raids will all have a normal mode active at all times, and each week one raid or Raid Lair will have a curated loadout mode.
This new version of Prestige requires players to complete raids filled with deadly enemies using a curated loadout of weapons and a special modifier that enhances the way you play. The Raid Team never likes to let you know exactly what to expect, but let’s look at some hypothetical examples. These are not the plan of record, but they give you a basic idea of what you might find.
Week 1
Raid Activity
: Eater of Worlds
Modifier: Marksman. Precision damage is increased. Landing a precision shot grants one ammo directly to the magazine.
Required Loadout:
Kinetic: Hand Cannon
Energy: Scout Rifle
Power: Linear Fusion
Week 2
Raid Activity
: Expansion 2 Raid Lair
Modifier: Gladiator. Your melee damage is increased and melee kills grant bonus Super.
Required Loadout:
Kinetic: Sidearm
Energy: Submachine gun
Power: Shotgun
Week 3
Raid Activity
: Eater of Worlds
Modifier: Conduit. Each kill you get before reloading or swapping weapons gives you increasingly more ability energy.
Required Loadout:
Kinetic: Auto Rifle
Energy: Riskrunner
Power: Grenade Launcher
We should also note that, while Eater of Worlds is not getting any specific encounter changes, all the previous Prestige changes in Leviathan will be active when players engage in its new loadout difficulty.
The goal of the new Prestige mode is simple: provide new ways to engage with raid content each week, new ways to engage with different weapons in your vault, and new rewards to chase.
This is currently slotted on the roadmap for May, but this is a major overhaul and could be pushed out further. We’ll keep you updated.

So this is what prestige will look like going forward, and it isn't slated until May at the earliest. Honestly this sounds like it will be easy as fuck for Eater of Worlds. Argos can be beaten pretty easily with just super damage alone, and there's no weapon meta for killing adds.

So in case you guys haven't heard the Valentines Day themed event, "Crimson Days," is returning next Tuesday (Feb 13). With it comes a new crucible mode, 2v2 Clash, with an interesting change : if you're near your partner then your abilities charge faster, but if you're too far away from your partner it will give your enemies a waypoint to your location.

Tons of new shit to acquire and it's all through gameplay : you CAN NOT purchase Crimson Days engrams. You'll get both and Illuminated engram and Crimson Days engram every time you level up, and there's also Crimson Day's Milestones for Nightfall, the Raid, and completing 5 of the 2v2 PVP matches.

They're doing a "knock out" list so you shouldn't see any repeated rewards until you've gotten every single piece of gear in the Crimson Days loot pool. I'm pretty skeptical of this one as we've seen time and again that Bungie isn't capable of controlling the RNG loot, but we'll see what happens.

Anyways, here's the link :
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46617
and watch everything turn out to be like the sugary shell and there's no touch of malice in d2.... well not yet

:eek:

I alternate between masterworked scathelocke and masterworked purpose in my kinetic

edit: for pve that is, for real pvp MIDA meta tool

I'm all about the Nameless Midnight or Better Devils in pve.

I'm all about the Nameless Midnight or Better Devils in pve.

Those are both great options. My choices of scathelocke and purpose are strictly for stun locking. Purpose's fire rate with explosive rounds means what I shoot just doesn't move. It doesn't hit as hard as nameless midnight but it has 10 more aim assist and a hipfire perk that is actually surprisingly useful.

We should also note that, while Eater of Worlds is not getting any specific encounter changes, all the previous Prestige changes in Leviathan will be active when players engage in its new loadout difficulty.

Can't believe I missed this part. While Eater of Worlds sounds like it won't be very hard under one of these modes, Prestige Leviathan with the current mechanics on top of loadout restrictions will be very, very difficult if not impossible for many groups.

Those are both great options. My choices of scathelocke and purpose are strictly for stun locking. Purpose's fire rate with explosive rounds means what I shoot just doesn't move. It doesn't hit as hard as nameless midnight but it has 10 more aim assist and a hipfire perk that is actually surprisingly useful.

I have no trials weapons. No one that will play trials with me.

Can't believe I missed this part. While Eater of Worlds sounds like it won't be very hard under one of these modes, Prestige Leviathan with the current mechanics on top of loadout restrictions will be very, very difficult if not impossible for many groups.

Good. It's nice to see Bungie putting some challenges out there for the top .01% of hardcore players who will spend hours trying to knock this stuff out. I'm talking the groups who completed the Prestige Nightfall on the first week of launch. I have no issue with those guys getting an emblem to show they're completing stuff that most people can't or won't.

everybody is just too busy playing 2v2 trying to get their millionth ghost shell and sparrow to post.

you gonna try it out again after the March PvP update?
if it's fun I will definitely check it out. Destiny 2 just lacks the fun part big time. if they buff primaries and include shotguns and snipers in the energy slot I'll play. I just miss being able to play private matches with my friends and all using no land beyond... we won't be able to do shit like that in Destiny 2 unless some major changes happen. private matches with the current system is a joke.

but in all honesty I think it's too late for bungie to fix d2 and I'll probably end up just waiting for their next IP if they fire their entire management and clean house.

putting shotguns, snipers, and fusion rifles back into the second slot would be nice along with moving sidearms and smgs there too.

surprisingly no I'm waiting until the May DLC and hopefully by then the updates will make it fun to play again.

What's in the May DLC that you are looking forward to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back