Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see anybody post this but we have Faction Wars coming back on Tuesday. The TWAB was pretty informative and they gave some insight into the updates for exotic weapons. I don't necessarily care for Rick Kacksis, but he made a good video talking about the updates and the Faction Rally coming next week.

I'm liking that Bungie listened to the community last time and is giving us more weapons in the loot pool. There is also no "Lost Sector cool-down" anymore as it looks like they have fixed the farming issue associated with Faction Rally and Lost Sectors.

I'm all about the Nameless Midnight or Better Devils in pve.

I went back the other day and messed around with better devils, speccing it for as much range as possible...

...I ended up masterworking it and I haven't taken it off. I previously had it set up for as much stability as possible, and the extra range really opened up the gun.

I have no trials weapons. No one that will play trials with me.

Good, trials sucks balls. I'm undefeated with two flawlesses thanks to awesome teammates but I will never go back. Trials participation has been dropping steadily for everyone EXCEPT guys who go flawless every week, so us normal people get hosed. My last flawless was sweaty as fuck and really just not very fun.

I didn't see anybody post this but we have Faction Wars coming back on Tuesday. The TWAB was pretty informative and they gave some insight into the updates for exotic weapons. I don't necessarily care for Rick Kacksis, but he made a good video talking about the updates and the Faction Rally coming next week.

I'm liking that Bungie listened to the community last time and is giving us more weapons in the loot pool. There is also no "Lost Sector cool-down" anymore as it looks like they have fixed the farming issue associated with Faction Rally and Lost Sectors.

It's slowly getting better. I've been grinding out crimson doubles matches on my titan by just spamming arc grenades and pre-firing a fully-spun up sweet business around corners (using war rig of course). It's killing my KD but I couldn't care less about D2's shit pvp. I'm using a full set of EoW armor for high resilience and I'm just rolling around like a tank, it's the most fun I've had in the crucible in a long while.

What's in the May DLC that you are looking forward to?
The May one is just going to be the new DLC + all the sandbox updates up until then so it's going to be what it should've been at launch. So hopefully PvP will be 6v6 unless that's just for the IB but the ttk should be lower the cool downs should be lower gameplay should be faster and hopefully there will be a different meta than what there is now. Hopefully they got the PvE stuff figured out a bit better so it's grindable without being tedious and the loot will be something other then cosmetic bs and other pointless shit.

Got ghost recon wildlands today to take a bit of a breather. I have nothing to grind for anymore.

If you've got Gemini Jester Crimson Doubles is hilarious. I didn't lose a game today using constant blinds from smoke and dodging

@usmctanker242

Hey bro, destiny 2 or monster Hunter?

I've read that destiny is still away from being worth a buy.

I haven't played Monster Hunter so I can't give any feedback there. D2 is a fun game but it still has a ton of flaws which make it difficult to really "sink your teeth in." The loot is boring, movement has been dramatically slowed vs D1, weapons are dogshit, abilities feel like Trickle is always on, and overall there's not much to keep you coming back. That being said they have shown some significant improvements over the last month and they have at least said they are addressing a large portion of the rest of the problems. Unfortunately it's a slow process and the lack of people still playing is making it even less fun.

Personally I would wait until September if you want to get into D2... should be the large DLC which is going to address all these issues along with a huge new story.

I haven't played Monster Hunter so I can't give any feedback there. D2 is a fun game but it still has a ton of flaws which make it difficult to really "sink your teeth in." The loot is boring, movement has been dramatically slowed vs D1, weapons are dogshit, abilities feel like Trickle is always on, and overall there's not much to keep you coming back. That being said they have shown some significant improvements over the last month and they have at least said they are addressing a large portion of the rest of the problems. Unfortunately it's a slow process and the lack of people still playing is making it even less fun.

Personally I would wait until September if you want to get into D2... should be the large DLC which is going to address all these issues along with a huge new story.

Thanks a bunch! That's exactly the kind of answer that I was looking for.

Good answer. I hate that we seem to be stuck in the Destiny 1 -> Taken King cycle all over again.

If you aren't big time into Destiny then I agree it isn't really worth it right now.

@usmctanker242

Hey bro, destiny 2 or monster Hunter?

I've read that destiny is still away from being worth a buy.
Monster Hunter easily it's a finished game where you're not going to blow your money hoping things get better with time and having to shell out money for DLC only for it to be over hyped shit. I've played both and for the money Monster Hunter is the better game still two very very different games so it depends on what you like playing.

Shit... looks like there won't be any maintenance today when switching from Crimson Days directly into Faction Rally at reset. I think this is the first time we haven't had maintenance on the day an event starts... kind of proving it can be done and making me wonder why they choose to do it on reset so often?

Anyways, I have to admit the New Monarchy armor looks pretty good this time around and I'm actually interested in the primary scout rifle they have up for the winning weapon this week. I usually log on Tuesday for a couple of hours and knock out a few milestones, but I might actually grind a bit for some New Monarchy gear throughout the week.

Again, for those who didn't see it last time, Bungie has officially removed the "Lost Sector lockout" they instituted a couple of patches ago, so this Faction Rally it's 100% up to the player how they want to acquire coins in the world.

Some of my clanmates bought Monster Hunter and after two weeks they are already bored of the grind.

I downloaded Shadow Warrior on the weekend (Freebie from XBL) and played it all weekend. Fun game.

Some of my clanmates bought Monster Hunter and after two weeks they are already bored of the grind.

I downloaded Shadow Warrior on the weekend (Freebie from XBL) and played it all weekend. Fun game.

I was curious about Shadow Warrior but after watching some gameplay it came off as visually exhausting... too much going on at one time and lots of color patterns give me a pounding headache.

Monster Hunter easily it's a finished game where you're not going to blow your money hoping things get better with time and having to shell out money for DLC only for it to be over hyped shit. I've played both and for the money Monster Hunter is the better game still two very very different games so it depends on what you like playing.

yup. Playing Monster Hunter and it's addictingly fun. 5 of us from the clan bought the game and it's grindy but in a fun and non-insulting way. The most powerful defensive gear is strangely weak against all the dragons (the most fearsome in the game) so it forces to build different sets for dragons and other things.

We were talking about whether we want to go back to Destiny 2 or not. Apart from a brand new raid I am not sure if we will. There's just so much about the game that's broken and not fun. I don't know. I am still keeping a loose watchful eye on game updates but there's nothing drawing me back to this game as of now...

Thanks for your reply, I read a while ago that destiny was an incomplete game, 2 dlc were released and I was wondering if the game now was worth a buy.

As per the comments, it's still far away from being the game that was promised, so I will wait a couple of months/years for the complete experience

Thanks for your reply, I read a while ago that destiny was an incomplete game, 2 dlc were released and I was wondering if the game now was worth a buy.

As per the comments, it's still far away from being the game that was promised, so I will wait a couple of months/years for the complete experience

The first DLC was released and it was exceptionally bland and underwhelming. The 2nd DLC is due out in May (rumored anyway) and we'll see what happens there, but again, unless you're just seething at the teeth for some Destiny I would wait until the large expansion in September (rumored anyway).

Shit... looks like there won't be any maintenance today when switching from Crimson Days directly into Faction Rally at reset. I think this is the first time we haven't had maintenance on the day an event starts... kind of proving it can be done and making me wonder why they choose to do it on reset so often?

Anyways, I have to admit the New Monarchy armor looks pretty good this time around and I'm actually interested in the primary scout rifle they have up for the winning weapon this week. I usually log on Tuesday for a couple of hours and knock out a few milestones, but I might actually grind a bit for some New Monarchy gear throughout the week.

Again, for those who didn't see it last time, Bungie has officially removed the "Lost Sector lockout" they instituted a couple of patches ago, so this Faction Rally it's 100% up to the player how they want to acquire coins in the world.
I got that New Monarchy stuff for my titan out of the three theirs looks the best with Dead Orbits looking like complete shit and FWC looking decent I just like the medieval look of the NM stuff. I don't feel like reinstalling it just to do that tedious grind for the ornaments or the weapons. Maybe once the March PvP patch comes out and if the sandbox fixes are good I might jump on and be able to get the stuff before season 3.

I was curious about Shadow Warrior but after watching some gameplay it came off as visually exhausting... too much going on at one time and lots of color patterns give me a pounding headache.
It's fun. Hack and slash and shoot.

Looks like Faction Rally is live and the whiners and bitchers on Reddit have already found a cheese for gathering rally coins quickly. Fucking absurd that all they do is cry and bitch about how there's no rewards, nothing to do, but when Bungie gives us something to do they try and cheese it as quickly as possible.

Anyways, here's the link for those who are interested. I just don't see how doing this is any fun at all.

Reddit is too autistic for its own good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back