Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
just saw a video saying they're bringing back the sleeper simulant I wonder if it's going to have +++dmg compared to the other linear fusion rifles which seem like they are closer to the gueenbreaker's bow.

just saw a video saying they're bringing back the sleeper simulant I wonder if it's going to have +++dmg compared to the other linear fusion rifles which seem like they are closer to the gueenbreaker's bow.

As far as I can tell it's not been confirmed that Sleeper is coming back, but it certainly makes sense. The new weapons from the Escalation Protocol look very much like the Sleeper and especially the shotgun. Though it makes sense that Sleeper is coming back and maybe even Pocket Infinity.

As far as I can tell it's not been confirmed that Sleeper is coming back, but it certainly makes sense. The new weapons from the Escalation Protocol look very much like the Sleeper and especially the shotgun. Though it makes sense that Sleeper is coming back and maybe even Pocket Infinity.

There's a new pulse rifle that allows you to increase damage and speed of bursts once you kill someone, like a better Pocket Infinity. Looks interesting.

There's a new pulse rifle that allows you to increase damage and speed of bursts once you kill someone, like a better Pocket Infinity. Looks interesting.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Redrix's Claymore, correct?

That Desperado perk apparently causes it to go from a 340RPM to a 600RPM pulse while still maintaining the same damage. So looks like it's just dramatically increasing the rate of fire... people have been doing the math and it should be a .6s time to kill.

That Desperado perk apparently causes it to go from a 340RPM to a 600RPM pulse while still maintaining the same damage. So looks like it's just dramatically increasing the rate of fire... people have been doing the math and it should be a .6s time to kill.

Yep, exactly. Shitty part is that I don't give two shits about PVP in this game, so I'll never get it. Such garbage.

Personally I'm OK with the new ranking system and having weapons that not every single player will be able to acquire. I'm a dogshit PvP player as well so I'll likely never get my hands on the weapon. It looks like the Escalation Protocol is supposed to be very hard... first of 7 levels starts at light level 370 (at least that's what they said on the stream) and you get rewards at levels 3,5, and 7 though I believe 7 requires a key of some sort. So grinding that shit out and getting those weapons is going to take a serious amount of commitment, so I'm OK with it all.

having that gun and a few of the exotics should lower the ttk but only when using those guns. I am looking forward to see what some of those other "masterwork perks" do to other exotics like with the crimson getting max range so if those stack on top of the new base upgrades to the exotics some of these exotics are going to be fun.

it hasn't been confirmed just a couple youtube guys showing a hunter with a gun that looks like the sleeper.
5:40

The sturm and drang combo is going to be dope as fuck. 2 taps are nice.

it's too bad the strum is a 110 rpm handcannon but that overflow mag perk should be nice in pve I wonder if they gave the mida mini-tool / mida multi-tool combo a boost too.

I like how it's controlled though by needing a kill with one before the 2 tap is possible. This way it's balanced and it gives a good CQC player a serious set of tools.

This thread is great... no hype at all for the DLC and that's exactly how it should be as Bungie needs to earn peoples interest again. Reddit went from 100% pure salt and damned near Bungie-death-threats to full on Bungie-fellatio ever since the Warmind reveal stream.

There are some good things coming with the DLC and I just watched a really good video describing the exotic changes we'll see on Day 1 of the DLC. Here's a good video if anybody is interested :

While I'm not very interested in the ranked crucible I am excited for the new PvE stuff and some of these exotics really look like they will be fun to use.

It's so weird. After the letdown that was D2 and that godawful Osiris "DLC", this is the first time ever that I'm not excited about this content drop in the least. Sure, I'll check it out and give it a fair chance, but I don't even know what's in it, haven't watched any of the dev streams and such. Some of the guys in my friendlist who used to sink hours in D1 alongside me didn't even know new DLC is coming out this week.

The community tone I'm sensing is completely different from D1. In D1, people were stirring up shit too all the time, but because they cared deeply about it. By year 3, Destiny had finally become what it should have been (more or less). Nowadays, I mostly pick up indifference. People have moved on, this time for good, it seems. Bungie should be very worried about this, apathy towards your product is the worst that can happen.

All of this is so incredibly sad, considering the amazing track record of this company.

#MakeBungieGreatAgain

Last edited:
It's so weird. After the letdown that was D2 and that godawful Osiris "DLC", this is the first time ever that I'm not excited about this content drop in the least. Sure, I'll check it out and give it a fair chance, but I don't even know what's in it, haven't watched any of the dev streams and such. Some of the guys in my friendlist who used to sink hours in D1 alongside me didn't even know new DLC is coming out this week.

The community tone I'm sensing is completely different from D1. In D1, people were stirring up shit too all the time, but because they cared deeply about it. By year 3, Destiny had finally become what it should have been (more or less). Nowadays, I mostly pick up indifference. People have moved on, this time for good, it seems. Bungie should be very worried about this, apathy towards your product is the worst that can happen.

All of this is so incredibly sad, considering the amazing track record of this company.

#MakeBungieGreatAgain

I think Bungie is working hard to make things right. They know they fucked up with Eververse, they know the weapons changes were a bad idea, and they know we're sick and tired of the horrible time-to-kill in PvP. The summit that they recently took part in seems like it wasn't Bungie showcasing the new stuff, but it was them 100% open and willing to feedback and criticism.

We'll see what happens here with Warmind, but to be fair every single streamer I've watched who was at the summit stated very clearly that Warmind wasn't going to be the DLC that was going to save the game. All said that we can place our bets on the September DLC being the one that they're really going to try hard to bring people back.

We'll see what happens and I haven't played for a couple of months, but I'm going to go ahead and turn it on tomorrow and play through the campaign. New weapons, new exotics, exotic changes, new stuff... I'll dive in and see if I enjoy it considering I paid for it when I bought the season pass with the main game.

I think Bungie is working hard to make things right. They know they fucked up with Eververse, they know the weapons changes were a bad idea, and they know we're sick and tired of the horrible time-to-kill in PvP. The summit that they recently took part in seems like it wasn't Bungie showcasing the new stuff, but it was them 100% open and willing to feedback and criticism.

We'll see what happens here with Warmind, but to be fair every single streamer I've watched who was at the summit stated very clearly that Warmind wasn't going to be the DLC that was going to save the game. All said that we can place our bets on the September DLC being the one that they're really going to try hard to bring people back.

We'll see what happens and I haven't played for a couple of months, but I'm going to go ahead and turn it on tomorrow and play through the campaign. New weapons, new exotics, exotic changes, new stuff... I'll dive in and see if I enjoy it considering I paid for it when I bought the season pass with the main game.

Yeah, I read about this summit thing. That's cool, they finally seem to shed that "we're Bungie, we know best lol" skin at least. I ran some strikes last night (for the first time in months) just to prepare for Warmind and I actually had fun (except for that retarded Osiris strike where everyone just rushes to the end, that strike can fuck off and die). The shooting is still fun in this game.

Personally I'd want:

- more min/maxing options with your subclasses like in D1
- buff fucking EVERYTHING. I don't care about pvp 'balancing' and all that nonsense when it makes the entire game bland. Look at Titanfall 2. EVERYTHING in that game is OP and you know what: it's so much damn fun
- more randomized dungeon style content. I'm going to give a quick example: You have three rooms. Each time you enter one, you don't know the layout and you don't know the mini boss. Kind of like POE but more varied. The unknown is kind of what makes stuff like rifts in Diablo 3 so much fun. Not knowing what awaits you creates a feeling of adventure. Especially if there's a nice little loot chest waiting at a final throne room.
- have other bosses invade your strikes like public events, again, randomized (maybe even tie it to some kind of Nemesis system kind of like Shadow Of War)
- random rolls on weapons, just to make the grind fun again

Hell, I'd want for Bungie to swallow their pride and let the men and women at Blizzard take a good hard look at the way leveling and loot works in Diablo 3. For all the shit that game gets, they have that part down so well.

I'm glad they seem to address some of this at least from your post. Cause that's the single most frustrating thing about this entire franchise: the incredible potential, hampered by the "this will do" execution.

I want this game to be good, cause I love the universe it takes place in.

I'm ready for tomorrow. I hope this is good, and those new public events look like a lot of fun.

Yeah, I read about this summit thing. That's cool, they finally seem to shed that "we're Bungie, we know best lol" skin at least. I ran some strikes last night (for the first time in months) just to prepare for Warmind and I actually had fun (except for that retarded Osiris strike where everyone just rushes to the end, that strike can fuck off and die). The shooting is still fun in this game.

Personally I'd want:

- more min/maxing options with your subclasses like in D1
- buff fucking EVERYTHING. I don't care about pvp 'balancing' and all that nonsense when it makes the entire game bland. Look at Titanfall 2. EVERYTHING in that game is OP and you know what: it's so much damn fun
- more randomized dungeon style content. I'm going to give a quick example: You have three rooms. Each time you enter one, you don't know the layout and you don't know the mini boss. Kind of like POE but more varied. The unknown is kind of what makes stuff like rifts in Diablo 3 so much fun. Not knowing what awaits you creates a feeling of adventure. Especially if there's a nice little loot chest waiting at a final throne room.
- have other bosses invade your strikes like public events, again, randomized (maybe even tie it to some kind of Nemesis system kind of like Shadow Of War)
- random rolls on weapons, just to make the grind fun again

Hell, I'd want for Bungie to swallow their pride and let the men and women at Blizzard take a good hard look at the way leveling and loot works in Diablo 3. For all the shit that game gets, they have that part down so well.

I'm glad they seem to address some of this at least from your post. Cause that's the single most frustrating thing about this entire franchise: the incredible potential, hampered by the "this will do" execution.

I want this game to be good, cause I love the universe it takes place in.
I forget if it's activision or bungie but one of them is going to unveil the fall dlc at E3 in June. There is suppose to be some kind of new game mode that has never been done in a fps before I'm hoping it's PvE related and not a stupid fucking battle royal bs.

I forget if it's activision or bungie but one of them is going to unveil the fall dlc at E3 in June. There is suppose to be some kind of new game mode that has never been done in a fps before I'm hoping it's PvE related and not a stupid fucking battle royal bs.

Cool! I didn't know that ... I am so over this battle royale stuff as well.

For those who are excited about the DLC today here's the schedule :

Today
7am Pacific / 10am Eastern : Pre-Load begins
10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern : Patch notes for update 1.2.0 drop
11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern : Warmind DLC is active

Friday, May 11
10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern : New Raid lair is active

I wish I cared :/

Went from being mad at Bungie to forgetting about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back