Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

I haven't even bothered with the Ace of Spades quest. I actually haven't gone into PvP once since the last IB and likely won't do PvP until IB returns. I know that one is a bitch of a grind.

the hardest part is getting those 5 kills in gambit I just decided to grab the crimson to try to finish it hoping I'll get the jump on the invader. Alot of ppl are saying grab the drang and sturm and just kill weak adds with the drang to overfill the sturm with the +p bullets and 2 or 3 shots will kill the invader. I just find it pretty stupid they'd put a quest part for it that where player are camping with the sturm or not playing to win just playing to get those 5 kills.

Yep, Bungie knows how to create a grind. I'm not even going to bother right now. I'll do it later when I'm out of other stuff to do.

I haven't even bothered with the Ace of Spades quest. I actually haven't gone into PvP once since the last IB and likely won't do PvP until IB returns. I know that one is a bitch of a grind.

I finished the quest and I made too big of a deal about it. I suck at PvP and I needed my clan mates to get those 5 kills but I’ve been playing lots of gambit and I understand it a lot more and here are some suggestions for getting those 5 head shots.

- the invader drops from 3 different locations in each map. Just keep an eye out for it and run and retreat with your teammates or go head hunting on the edge of the map. Good teams will invade with multiple or strong blockers on the scene to create havoc. Stay on the edge of the map unless u have direct line of sight and are chasing.

- claim 10-15 motes and do not bank them. Opposing teams invade when they bank 25, 50, 75, 100 motes so you should never be surprised by it. Keep an eye on both of your bars. The white bar is the amount of motes they have that aren’t banked yet so they can lose it upon death. If you have 10+ motes you become a target, they see where u are and how many motes you have on their screen so they will come for you. You cannot hide from an invader. When I invade I look for the guy with the highest number of motes unless the others also have a lot. If you are sitting with 15 motes invader WILL come for you.

- weaken them first with nades, heavy before switching to pistols. There’s a new pistol duke mk 44 with tons of range. Use that if u have one. It’s slow but powerful. So stick close to teammates let them weaken it and then take the shot when his bar his half health FTW.

Good luck!

Solid advice. I haven't stepped foot into a Gambit match yet but my clanmates tell me it is a lot of fun, so I am looking forward to playing it, but I'm not looking forward to the Headshot requirement because I tend to put pressure on myself and take the fun out of if when there are specific requirements I am going for.

We'll see. The new raid is dropping today so that'll likely be our focus for a while.

I finished the quest and I made too big of a deal about it. I suck at PvP and I needed my clan mates to get those 5 kills but I’ve been playing lots of gambit and I understand it a lot more and here are some suggestions for getting those 5 head shots.

- the invader drops from 3 different locations in each map. Just keep an eye out for it and run and retreat with your teammates or go head hunting on the edge of the map. Good teams will invade with multiple or strong blockers on the scene to create havoc. Stay on the edge of the map unless u have direct line of sight and are chasing.

- claim 10-15 motes and do not bank them. Opposing teams invade when they bank 25, 50, 75, 100 motes so you should never be surprised by it. Keep an eye on both of your bars. The white bar is the amount of motes they have that aren’t banked yet so they can lose it upon death. If you have 10+ motes you become a target, they see where u are and how many motes you have on their screen so they will come for you. You cannot hide from an invader. When I invade I look for the guy with the highest number of motes unless the others also have a lot. If you are sitting with 15 motes invader WILL come for you.

- weaken them first with nades, heavy before switching to pistols. There’s a new pistol duke mk 44 with tons of range. Use that if u have one. It’s slow but powerful. So stick close to teammates let them weaken it and then take the shot when his bar his half health FTW.

Good luck!
yeah try doing it as a solo player these cunts at bungie can eat a dick most players don't invade unless they got heavy ammo or their super most the time both. Most these twats are invading with the sleeper where they can cross map you or a rocket launcher or sniper. So the whole point of winning in gambit is killing your primeval and this quest is making that a fucking pain when one of your slots is filled with a limited range hand cannon. Then there's waiting for an invader to showup that isn't going to one shot you with their super or a power weapon.

yeah try doing it as a solo player these cunts at bungie can eat a dick most players don't invade unless they got heavy ammo or their super most the time both. Most these twats are invading with the sleeper where they can cross map you or a rocket launcher or sniper. So the whole point of winning in gambit is killing your primeval and this quest is making that a fucking pain when one of your slots is filled with a limited range hand cannon. Then there's waiting for an invader to showup that isn't going to one shot you with their super or a power weapon.

I mostly play solo cause my clan mates don’t play as much. I am not much of a pvp player but I really enjoy gambit so those tips are useful for solo.

If u are running solo collect 15 and hide near spawn when someone invaded. Chances are they’ll run through your teammates to get to u and if they survive your teammates will spawn next to u to help. Use them as meat shields.be patient with the shot and let you teammates lower his shield. I use a grenade launcher and nades before he approaches. The idea is to bring his health down to 1/2 before switching to pistol. If u are good at switching weapons use vigilance Wing before going to pistols.

for some reason i just cant get hyped for forsaken. i thought gambit was straight booty cheeks.

I mostly play solo cause my clan mates don’t play as much. I am not much of a pvp player but I really enjoy gambit so those tips are useful for solo.

If u are running solo collect 15 and hide near spawn when someone invaded. Chances are they’ll run through your teammates to get to u and if they survive your teammates will spawn next to u to help. Use them as meat shields.be patient with the shot and let you teammates lower his shield. I use a grenade launcher and nades before he approaches. The idea is to bring his health down to 1/2 before switching to pistol. If u are good at switching weapons use vigilance Wing before going to pistols.
yes that's exactly what I want to do camp at spawn points and have it be 3 vs 4 just to fill this quest step

Iron Banner is back next week time to see how bad lvl gaps are going to screw with players

Is this expansion worth it?

I picked it up after not playing Destiny 2 since October because it was shitty. Forsaken is...not as shitty. I'm having fun with it anyway.

yes that's exactly what I want to do camp at spawn points and have it be 3 vs 4 just to fill this quest step

It didn't take me long to do this step though a couple of times I stole someone else's kill. Whatever, it needed to be done.

I don't know about you all but I have not received one exotic drop yet. I am upset about this but it's kinda making desire one even more. lol.

I got that Sniper Rifle that you canchange elements with, but that's it so far. I still haven't used it yet.

I have gotten the exotics that xur sold me, that’s it. I have straight can armor with the titan too. You pay the price for the immediate new character level up.

I don't know about you all but I have not received one exotic drop yet. I am upset about this but it's kinda making desire one even more. lol.
you know that lost sector in the tangled shore that's like a fallen nightclub? I killed the vandal doorman and it dropped the cerberus+1 plus I got yr1 weapons to drop by killing yellow bar adds in heroic story missions and doing the blind well. I got the One-Eyed Mask doing the daily PvP match for some reason this past week my hunter & titan have been running around with the Prime Attunement buff all week. I finished Ikora's weekly challenge and got the two-tailed fox rng sucks

I really really hate gambit I had three player running around with swords and shotgun trying to fill a dumbass bounty instead of any type of weapons to kill the primeval. Went to three rounds we brought the primeval out first each time with the other team using legit power weapons melting theirs with ease in rnds 2 & 3.

Yeah Gambit is definitely more fun when you're in a group.
I have two quests that call for Gambit play: The Chaperone and the Ace of Spades. I just don't know how much I care so I guess I'll sit on these quests until I get around to playing with some clanmates.

I actually haven't been able to get on that much lately, which is gay, but summer is coming to an end here over the next few weeks and I'll have more time in the fall for sure.

Back