Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

There has been a time or two where I've said good things about it shit with all the bs I still think I've only deleted D2 1 or 2 time maybe 3 at most. I just don't understand this version of the loot grind there's no reason to play any of the game modes without having some sort of an engram bounty. Then when you do and complete them most the time it's garbage loot I don't want or need I'm not chasing the max LL I'm doing what I did in D1 chasing godrolled weapons. It's like they are still drip feeding dlc shit instead of having it all there in the game to get from the get go.

@StabbyMcHatchet RIP Destiny Fashion. I'm in the same boat and my Hunter looks dumb because some armor is thin and sleek while another piece looks bulky like Titan armor.

Total bonehead move by Bungie to limit the ways our character looks with ridiculous infusion costs but thankfully it's getting fixed. I'm going to blame the infusion costs on some asshole streamer.

@StabbyMcHatchet RIP Destiny Fashion. I'm in the same boat and my Hunter looks dumb because some armor is thin and sleek while another piece looks bulky like Titan armor.

Total bonehead move by Bungie to limit the ways our character looks with ridiculous infusion costs but thankfully it's getting fixed. I'm going to blame the infusion costs on some asshole streamer.

Truth. Every single hunter cloak that I've seen in Forsaken is ugly, imo. Bring back the Shattered Vault Cloak and especially the ones that the Speaker used to sell like Strength of the Pack.

Truth. Every single hunter cloak that I've seen in Forsaken is ugly, imo. Bring back the Shattered Vault Cloak and especially the ones that the Speaker used to sell like Strength of the Pack.

I can't stand the raggedy one with the stupid walkie talkie on the shoulder. It's even worse it's a recycled model from D1 iirc. I had to wear that stupid thing for far too long. Give me long, flowing glorious cloaks goddammit Bungie!

I really don't have problems with the infusion cost if you have enough shards you can go to the spider when he's selling planetary materials from mars or mercury for shards and buy a few thousand then just rank up Vance and Ana. You get yr1 shit to dismantle to get masterwork cores & mod componets plus load back up on shards from the dismantled gear and shaders plus get stuff to rank up Banshee-44 plus I was getting yr1 exotics with yr2 rolls. The thing I don't like is the armour being fixed towards mobility, resilience, or recovery I really don't give a damn about mobility and most the good looking gear is mobility based so I'm stuck having to use recovery and resilience mods on all my armour instead of ability mods.

I can't stand the raggedy one with the stupid walkie talkie on the shoulder. It's even worse it's a recycled model from D1 iirc. I had to wear that stupid thing for far too long. Give me long, flowing glorious cloaks goddammit Bungie!

I also hate those arms for the Titan that look like they have toilets on the biceps. I just can't wear those. Terrible.

I really don't have problems with the infusion cost if you have enough shards you can go to the spider when he's selling planetary materials from mars or mercury for shards and buy a few thousand then just rank up Vance and Ana. You get yr1 shit to dismantle to get masterwork cores & mod componets plus load back up on shards from the dismantled gear and shaders plus get stuff to rank up Banshee-44 plus I was getting yr1 exotics with yr2 rolls. The thing I don't like is the armour being fixed towards mobility, resilience, or recovery I really don't give a damn about mobility and most the good looking gear is mobility based so I'm stuck having to use recovery and resilience mods on all my armour instead of ability mods.

I don't have stockpiles of currency to trade in and if I need to somewhat game the system, the system is broken. Kind of related, what the hell are weapon telemetries for? Masterwork cores cost far, far too much for people like me who returned after near a years absence. They just need to get rid of Masterwork cores for infusion costs or 1 core per infusion and I think it would be just fine. Shards are easy enough to scrap together and keeping the Cores a little rare so you can't instantly Masterwork every single weapon would be good imo.

I appreciate Bungie's attempt to make an economy where everything is worthwhile but you don't get enough loot to be able to support a Diablo or Path of Exile or loot game economy. You drown in loot in those games and in Path of Exile, every single material is worth something that can be traded up. It would be impossible for Bungie to match that kind of system because designing and testing a single gun is much more expensive than weapons and gear in loot games. They can't create the variety and amount needed.

I don't have stockpiles of currency to trade in and if I need to somewhat game the system, the system is broken. Kind of related, what the hell are weapon telemetries for? Masterwork cores cost far, far too much for people like me who returned after near a years absence. They just need to get rid of Masterwork cores for infusion costs or 1 core per infusion and I think it would be just fine. Shards are easy enough to scrap together and keeping the Cores a little rare so you can't instantly Masterwork every single weapon would be good imo.

I appreciate Bungie's attempt to make an economy where everything is worthwhile but you don't get enough loot to be able to support a Diablo or Path of Exile or loot game economy. You drown in loot in those games and in Path of Exile, every single material is worth something that can be traded up. It would be impossible for Bungie to match that kind of system because designing and testing a single gun is much more expensive than weapons and gear in loot games. They can't create the variety and amount needed.
I agree the cost are too much for most players even exotic shards in D1 was sold by Xur for stranges coins that didn't require rng to get. Plus needing 10 mod components for a yr2 mod that you can't reuse without dismantling a piece of gear is harsh too. As for weapon telemetries they should be worth more then they are with Banshee. Seeing streamers who stockpiled all that stuff probably did play into this I think I had around 60 masterwork cores going into this dlc thinking that would be enough I wasn't expecting base infusion would cost masterwok cores. The only yr2 things I got masterworked is Trust and a Hazard of the Cast nothing else and the only reason I mw those was for orb bounties.

lol sixty masterwork cores is enough to infuse maybe two or three weapons if you're lucky. It's bullshit. Masterwork cores need to be returned to the original usage.

Good news: Our guys beat Riven last night, thus completed the Raid. I know other people are doing it, but I'm glad Raiders and Looters is part of it now. I wasn't in on the team but I'm looking forward to getting in there this week.

lol sixty masterwork cores is enough to infuse maybe two or three weapons if you're lucky. It's bullshit. Masterwork cores need to be returned to the original usage.

Good news: Our guys beat Riven last night, thus completed the Raid. I know other people are doing it, but I'm glad Raiders and Looters is part of it now. I wasn't in on the team but I'm looking forward to getting in there this week.

Got my first Riven win last night as well.

Did most of the raid with randoms, swapping our 2-3 all the way to Riven. We struggled for 3 hours and then gave up. I finished some milestones and figured I could run the first maybe two encounters with another toon. Fired up the app and found one for fresh raid willing to help - 3 slots nobody joined and the inviter was 580s. I am like whhhaa? And hit join.

Turns out it was a clan who was running it again for practice and fun. They carried me and the other two thru the entire raid. I assisted with the puzzle in Shiro chi and the vault and they handled the rest. They wanted to cheese Riven so I am like okay. We must have tried it 20 times or so before they were like fuck it do it regular and we did it in 4 tries.

It was really cool getting carried. I usually do the carrying. Anyway this raid is a lot fun. I need to practice Riven. The mechanics for it are insane...

I also spent some time running my third character through all of the story missions. I still have to kill a bunch of Taken to unlock the dreaming city but I'm almost there. All the Baron missions and killing Uldren was a lot easier with the exotic bow, that's for sure. It is a little tedious when you are trying to race all three characters to the finish, and I know that; so I purposely just put it off and waited till I felt like going through it all again.

I really enjoyed it to be honest. I just took my time and soloed my way through it all, and it was a lot more fun because I was a higher light level since I wasn't in a rush. That Wish Ender bow is deadly AF against the Taken and it is a OHK weapon in most cases, with over-penetration. Its worth every effort to get it. (Do the quest)

Regarding the raid, we have the first two encounters down pat, but I personally haven't beat the Ogre yet. I know our guys can teach me but just the way the timing has worked out, I haven't had a chance.

There was a team of Four Hunters and Two Warlocks and they did the worlds first Flawless Raider on Last Wish.

wtf is this this Rockstar Riot event? Do you actually get decents rewards or is it more vanity and cosmetic bs?

So I just started playing D2. I never played D1...yeah I'm a free ps plus D2 download newb. I got it last Thursday and I'm 296 now. I haven't really played crucible yet haven't gotten through all the DLCs quite yet.

So I guess my question is. Do I be grinding legendary strikes until cap and then do those raids? I'm sure there is a ton of stuff I'm missing. Any tips beyond tokens-redeem-get gear?

I didn't download Forsaken, and I'm not sure I will. I think I need to play quick games, like CoD Blops 4, because I'm way too busy for much else.

So I just started playing D2. I never played D1...yeah I'm a free ps plus D2 download newb. I got it last Thursday and I'm 296 now. I haven't really played crucible yet haven't gotten through all the DLCs quite yet.

So I guess my question is. Do I be grinding legendary strikes until cap and then do those raids? I'm sure there is a ton of stuff I'm missing. Any tips beyond tokens-redeem-get gear?
If you're running three characters, do all the Powerful Gear stuff in the menu first on each one, every week. Everytime you change from one character to the next, transfer all your highest LL weapons over to that character to raise the general LL that you'll get on your new armour drops.

Welcome to the thread!

Man, exotics are so screwed up right now. It's been three times I've bought something from Xur or pulled one out of my collection and shortly after I get an exotic drop of the same exact fucking item. If the loot system in the game was as good as other loot games, I'd be overjoyed. Instead I'm cashing in stuff not because I'm excited for possible new weapons, it's so I can get shards. :/ Luckily, I'm having a ton of fun with my clan and solo doing all the activities or else I'd be regretting this purchase so hard. I'm also not happy about getting boots three times in a row from Prime Engrams.

This game needs console crossplay bad and then maybe we could get a Sherdog raiding party and you guys can all me a TUF noob and shit all over my (lack of) pvp skills. <Lmaoo> Barring that, I'd kill for cross saves/character transfers so I can play on PC. Make it happen, Activision and Sony.

Man, exotics are so screwed up right now. It's been three times I've bought something from Xur or pulled one out of my collection and shortly after I get an exotic drop of the same exact fucking item. If the loot system in the game was as good as other loot games, I'd be overjoyed. Instead I'm cashing in stuff not because I'm excited for possible new weapons, it's so I can get shards. :/ Luckily, I'm having a ton of fun with my clan and solo doing all the activities or else I'd be regretting this purchase so hard. I'm also not happy about getting boots three times in a row from Prime Engrams.

This game needs console crossplay bad and then maybe we could get a Sherdog raiding party and you guys can all me a TUF noob and shit all over my (lack of) pvp skills. <Lmaoo> Barring that, I'd kill for cross saves/character transfers so I can play on PC. Make it happen, Activision and Sony.
nothing is worse then cashing in prime & powerful engrams and getting the same shit it happened to me last week with my hunter and cloaks. Someone found out it take between 1800-2000 kills for Prime engrams to drop and using strike boons will cause low lvl yr1 exotics to drop in strikes.

Competitive depress the shit out of me. I've been solo grinding for Luna's Howl cause I love 180 RPM Hand Cannons.

I was at 1490 points yesterday and after 3 hours of torture I finished with 1460 points. I was constantly matched against the 4 stacks and people that I had no buisness to play against ( with 2500 and above glory ). It also doesn't help that so often my teammates don't know what to do. And that slide shotgunning thing makes my blood boil.

I was so close to deleting the bounty, can't handle the (mis)matchmaking anymore.

nothing is worse then cashing in prime & powerful engrams and getting the same shit it happened to me last week with my hunter and cloaks. Someone found out it take between 1800-2000 kills for Prime engrams to drop and using strike boons will cause low lvl yr1 exotics to drop in strikes.

its infuriating.

For this week reset my toons started at low 590s. Finished all my powerful engram missions for two toons and the new raid (one didn't finish Riven) and I've only snagged one 600 gear for each character. I did eventually score 600 weapons for all my weapon slots but most of them came from prime engrams. And I was getting repeat 600 weapons instead of badly needed gear.

For my 2nd toon I had 600 level primary and secondary and 598 power weapon. Figured i'd score at least two 600 pieces of gear... NOPE. The game trolled me and kept on dropping shit that was barely high leveled enough or another 600 level weapon. I went in the raid and it dropped THREE helmets at level 600... I am like FUCK YOU!!!

Yeah the RNG is totally fucked in this game. I went through the entire Last Wish Raid last night, start to finish, wearing all the raid gear except for the cloak. I wore a Rare (Blue) cloak that dropped my light level, in the hopes to loot-bait for a Raid Cloak drop because that was all I needed to have the complete set.

We even did some crazy puzzle shit that got us a second key that allowed us to open up TWO chests at the end of the raid; and again I got duplicate drops all throughout. Although it raised my light level, I still walked away without the cloak.

But we did walk away.

Back