Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

Yeah the RNG is totally fucked in this game. I went through the entire Last Wish Raid last night, start to finish, wearing all the raid gear except for the cloak. I wore a Rare (Blue) cloak that dropped my light level, in the hopes to loot-bait for a Raid Cloak drop because that was all I needed to have the complete set.

We even did some crazy puzzle shit that got us a second key that allowed us to open up TWO chests at the end of the raid; and again I got duplicate drops all throughout. Although it raised my light level, I still walked away without the cloak.

But we did walk away.

yeh the team that practically carried me through the raid for my 2nd win got me that puzzle shit for the 2nd key too. they were good as shit. they had done it on all their toons already and wanted to practice more and carry people. reminded me of my clan back in D1. fuckin' got shiiiaaatt!!!

was praying and hoping for the thousand voices but nope. we lost a person at riven so they LFG-ed someone. we actually tried to to cheese it with rocket launchers but it wasn't working properly and after 10 attempts or so they were like its easier to do it normally..i am like wat? got it done in 2 attempts.. it was badass... I need to play riven more and get good like that...

I've only done it once, and we did the cheese. Double Melting point, plus a Warlock using that "Melee increases fireteam" buff and the Well of Light & Empowering rift.

I'd like to learn how to do the full mechanics in the future though, to do it the way it was intended.

One thing I'll say about this raid though, during the Shiro Chi encounter (Second boss), the puzzle plate mechanics are kinda bullshit about how you can't have the same person stand on the same plate more than once. If you jump onto your plate and touch and then fall off, you can't jump back onto the same plate again. That really feels (to me) like a mechanic that should have been built into the Prestige mode, not the normal mode. But whatever. It is what it is.

I've only done it once, and we did the cheese. Double Melting point, plus a Warlock using that "Melee increases fireteam" buff and the Well of Light & Empowering rift.

I'd like to learn how to do the full mechanics in the future though, to do it the way it was intended.

One thing I'll say about this raid though, during the Shiro Chi encounter (Second boss), the puzzle plate mechanics are kinda bullshit about how you can't have the same person stand on the same plate more than once. If you jump onto your plate and touch and then fall off, you can't jump back onto the same plate again. That really feels (to me) like a mechanic that should have been built into the Prestige mode, not the normal mode. But whatever. It is what it is.

I hear u but it that's why shiro chi is probably the 2nd best encounter after riven. its frustrating to touch it and then get knocked away by a shielded taken and you can't touch that plate again. I love the constant need of awareness that is required when you are running the mechanics.

they're not even making a prestige version for this supposedly. although it is tough a lot of it has to do with the limited time to level up. with leviathan my clan was mostly fully leveled and ready for the raid. with this one I was like.. fuck that.. didn't have the time to grind like the professionals and I wasn't even close to being ready and waited at least a week before attempting the first part of the raid.

its infuriating.

For this week reset my toons started at low 590s. Finished all my powerful engram missions for two toons and the new raid (one didn't finish Riven) and I've only snagged one 600 gear for each character. I did eventually score 600 weapons for all my weapon slots but most of them came from prime engrams. And I was getting repeat 600 weapons instead of badly needed gear.

For my 2nd toon I had 600 level primary and secondary and 598 power weapon. Figured i'd score at least two 600 pieces of gear... NOPE. The game trolled me and kept on dropping shit that was barely high leveled enough or another 600 level weapon. I went in the raid and it dropped THREE helmets at level 600... I am like FUCK YOU!!!
I really do think this is worse then TTK when you 'd get a piece of gear that was 5-10 lvls above you current light lvl and when you'd go to infuse it it would drop down to just a couple. They fixed that in the spring update before the rise of iron dlc hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Yeah the RNG is totally fucked in this game. I went through the entire Last Wish Raid last night, start to finish, wearing all the raid gear except for the cloak. I wore a Rare (Blue) cloak that dropped my light level, in the hopes to loot-bait for a Raid Cloak drop because that was all I needed to have the complete set.

We even did some crazy puzzle shit that got us a second key that allowed us to open up TWO chests at the end of the raid; and again I got duplicate drops all throughout. Although it raised my light level, I still walked away without the cloak.

But we did walk away.

does loot-baiting really work though? I miggt have to save save some blue guns

I've had really good luck with Loot-baiting since day one, but since Forsaken came out I've found loot baiting isn't working for "that final piece" of gear that you need. (It took me forever to get the stupid Vanguard gauntlets, and I was Loot-baiting like a Mofo.)

So I don't know man. My luck so far is telling me it isn't working like it used to, but technically speaking I've never had confirmation that it worked to begin with. It may have all just been dumb luck up until now for all I know.

I can say that up until Forsaken, my loot-baiting percentages were way up; and now they're way down.

I shit you not... went in the raid with my 3rd character. All three weapon slots had 600 level weapons, helmet is 600, other were 390s all mid... finished the raid and gained only one 600 item... and no thousand voices.. grrrr...

Anyone else having glitch issues with the Shiro Chi plate puzzles?

Last night we were running it and we'd get through the first level of plates no prob, and we'd make it to the second level of plates with a tone of time to spare, but it would glitch out hard.

It would show us four plates, we'd jump up, it wouldn't count one of them, then we'd jump off and rotate (to a different plate) in preparation to jump on again, and the fucking puzzle indicator would only show us THREE PLATES to jump on... and when we tried that, none of them would count.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I haven't ran the raid but since the dlc came out there has been alot of bug throughout the game.

I got the dreaming city hand cannon to drop after killing four of those big swordbearing knights in the ascendant challenge and all I could think of is how much rolls do I need to get one to be a D2 Fatebringer. I got it with triple tap and dragonfly so I missed out on the outlaw but outlaw might be in the same perk tree as dragonfly.

Anyone else having glitch issues with the Shiro Chi plate puzzles?

Last night we were running it and we'd get through the first level of plates no prob, and we'd make it to the second level of plates with a tone of time to spare, but it would glitch out hard.

It would show us four plates, we'd jump up, it wouldn't count one of them, then we'd jump off and rotate (to a different plate) in preparation to jump on again, and the fucking puzzle indicator would only show us THREE PLATES to jump on... and when we tried that, none of them would count.

Anyone else experiencing this?

It happened a couple of times to me once. I think the issue was someone dying either on or right by a plate. This essentially deactivated it for the next rotation. If you only see three on the wall, have someone who was on adds quickly jump on the other plates to get the fourth one to show up on the wall.

Only had this happen a few times on the same run though, so probably a glitch.

Two of my toons are missing one piece of gear to be full 600. Other is missing two. I expect to be 600 level with all my toons after the reset. If I don't score all of them in a week I am quitting this shit game...

.... probably not.. but i'll bitch about it even more...

I'm liking this raid. I like the mechanics of it and the action. I'm really far away from 600 still, which is weird for me because normally I hit max light on all three characters ASAP, but with this Forsaken release I just haven't been able to put in the time to grind.

I have my Hunter in the mid 580's and the other two are catching up when I equip weapons on them. I find the raid drops are the fastest way to level up your character. When I was getting "Powerful engrams" from other activities, the armour pieces were dropping only a few light levels higher than the Blue armour I was wearing, no matter what my overall light level was (Due to higher LL weapons). For example I would be wearing a blue 524 chest piece on my Titan and the powerful drop would be 529 or something.

When I took my titan through a Raid, I had armour pieces drop that were more than 10 LL's higher than the armour I had equipped. I also had some somewhat decent RNG, and ended up with three fresh pieces of Raid Gear for him instead of having 5 pair of gauntlets drop for him.

I'm actually really pumped for reset now that I can take all three through the raid!

So Bungie never got rid of Titan skating, it's actually even faster on PC, and they gave them an exotic that can let them continually have their super after they get it the first time and they get an exotic that can reflect projectiles. Interesting strategy.

Well, Titans need all the help they can get.
#huntermasterrace

600 last night with one toon... HOOORAAAYY!

Had one toon missing 2 pieces of gear but i logged in and realized there was a prime engram sitting at the postmaster.. Scored one piece. So all three needed one piece to hit max level. Had a daily (gambit) pop up today and I had 1 chances to hit 600 on each toon. One of them scored... TOUCHDOWN!...

After this I am gunning for special quest/event items and running raids continuously... Fuck all this leveling up BS...

did the haunted forest thing from Amanda Holiday after the rest today and the reward was the Fighting Lion exotic with the catalyst.

I've been playing, since the game was free and the first 2 expansions were in a bundle for 10 bucks.

I'm almost finished with the war mind campaign. I'm around LL 340ish

did the haunted forest thing from Amanda Holiday after the rest today and the reward was the Fighting Lion exotic with the catalyst.
yeah I got that too I hope that weekly bounty fills up a big portion of the catalyst or it's going to take forever to masterwork.

Back