Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

My desire to play this game has waned greatly since I reach 600 on all my toons. Just want to run the raid to get the Thousand Voices. I might look for a team to do shattered throne for the bow.

I don't know.. might be a good thing. I was playing this way too much trying to level up.
the black armory dlc is coming out pretty soon I'm thinking I am going to take a break from D2 for a bit to play RDR 2 and come back for that dlc.

My desire to play this game has waned greatly since I reach 600 on all my toons. Just want to run the raid to get the Thousand Voices. I might look for a team to do shattered throne for the bow.

I don't know.. might be a good thing. I was playing this way too much trying to level up.
I don't really care for the bow overall, but it's needed to get all those corrupted eggs.

After some time to think. Forsaken has been pretty lackluster. The game still hasnt reached the highs of the taken kings, especially when it comes to pvp.

After some time to think. Forsaken has been pretty lackluster. The game still hasnt reached the highs of the taken kings, especially when it comes to pvp.
well they removed trials I was never a fan of trials in either game but that's where most the PvP guys spent their time and became the endgame for most those guys. I think PvP is alot better then where it was but that is due to the PvP sandbox fix I just wish they would've left yr1 weapons back in yr1. Why bring back random rolls and do all that work if players are just going to use shit like Uriel's, inaugural address, nightshade, and other yr1 shit in this new sandbox.

well they removed trials I was never a fan of trials in either game but that's where most the PvP guys spent their time and became the endgame for most those guys. I think PvP is alot better then where it was but that is due to the PvP sandbox fix I just wish they would've left yr1 weapons back in yr1. Why bring back random rolls and do all that work if players are just going to use shit like Uriel's, inaugural address, nightshade, and other yr1 shit in this new sandbox.
i think trials in d1 was the best thing about the game (outside of the special ammo changes and year 3 icebreaker bullshit). but yeah i completely agree with leaving all the weapons back in year 1. I just really dislike the maps and game modes for PvP.

Something about the pvp is missing for me too. Maybe its because I always play solo whereas I used to play d1 with friends all the time. Or maybe its because all the guns that look fun to use are locked behind shit I don't want to do.

The maps are a fucking joke especially during IB or Control where on some control point A is ten feet away from team b and control point C is half way across the map from team a. It's like they put on a blindfold and randomly picked where spawn points were going to be.

can't comment on pvp but with pve I am going to disagree with you on this one.

there is so much to do and I simply can't do it all.

I am worn out from grinding so much. I think we're all worn out from this game and need a new one. how long have all of us played this franchise? 4 years? That's a long fuckin' time to be investing in one game.

can't comment on pvp but with pve I am going to disagree with you on this one.

there is so much to do and I simply can't do it all.

I am worn out from grinding so much. I think we're all worn out from this game and need a new one. how long have all of us played this franchise? 4 years? That's a long fuckin' time to be investing in one game.
I disagree strongly. Pve is just grindier, not better. Gambit is awful and the strikes aren’t nearly good as d1. The raid is dope that’s about it imo.

I disagree strongly. Pve is just grindier, not better. Gambit is awful and the strikes aren’t nearly good as d1. The raid is dope that’s about it imo.

grindier? grindier than vanilla D1? holy hell that was pure stupid grind. yes its grindy but without it would be too easy. I don't want to reach max level in a week or two like vanilla D2. the balance was good here. you can cruise up to max level or work your ass off and get there in 3-4 weeks.

the strikes are easy as shit because of the burns and the effects.

I love gambit, especially if I am rolling with a team. Solo is hit or miss but it's a ton of fun for me.

grindier? grindier than vanilla D1? holy hell that was pure stupid grind. yes its grindy but without it would be too easy. I don't want to reach max level in a week or two like vanilla D2. the balance was good here. you can cruise up to max level or work your ass off and get there in 3-4 weeks.

the strikes are easy as shit because of the burns and the effects.

I love gambit, especially if I am rolling with a team. Solo is hit or miss but it's a ton of fun for me.
3-4 weeks hahaha I just cracked 600 with my Titan yesterday that's damn near 2 months. The only way anyone is getting to max lvl in 3-4 weeks is players running the raid with multiple toons. If it wasn't for bungie putting the horror story out as a 600LL weapon I doubt I would've been able to reach 600 this fast. If players don't run the raids they are fucked it has been that way this whole time but atleast rng hasn't screwed me over this time around.

II don't know man, I still love this game. I have 8 Raid completions ans STILL haven't gotten the solar bow to drop, which I really want.

I've hardly done any PvP lately tho. Not sure why but I just haven't been interested.

Everything I'm reading is opinion based for sure. I know tons of guys that love Gambit, Competitive PvP and whatever other aspects of the game, and tons of people who don't like those same aspects. Like you said SaiWa, it's been four years. Some people might just be getting bored of the franchise but I'm not yet.

3-4 weeks hahaha I just cracked 600 with my Titan yesterday that's damn near 2 months. The only way anyone is getting to max lvl in 3-4 weeks is players running the raid with multiple toons. If it wasn't for bungie putting the horror story out as a 600LL weapon I doubt I would've been able to reach 600 this fast. If players don't run the raids they are fucked it has been that way this whole time but atleast rng hasn't screwed me over this time around.

3-4 weeks is for the pros. then again I might be wrong about that.. it was probably closer to 4-5.

I think I got there in 6 weeks but I was half casually doing everything and didn't do any research to maximize leveling up.

I am not sure I understand your gripe. There are multiple ways of leveling up and it was up to you to do them all. If this had been D1 era when I had a full clan we would have been max level much earlier like the pros running everything. I casually did it on my own more or less but with the app I had no problem finding people to run nightfall, looking for EP shotty or worm, and the raid. Everything was at my fingertips. I have 14 raid finishes because I enjoyed it a lot and love running it with newbies to teach them.

It's obvious you are a casual by the current standard so reaching level 600 in two months is solid even if you needed the horror story. This game is balanced. It has something for the hardcore fanatics to the used to be hardcore fantatics (like me) to the more casuals (like you).

Were you looking for an easier experience? Something less grindy? King's Fall? There was practically no grind to it besides running the raid to get the new weapons to level up if I recall correctly and my clan got bored and quit after successfully running it for a month and half.

Last edited:
There are a LOT of powerful engrams available on each character, each week. So many that I cant be bothered doing it all. I have my main at 600 and my subs at 595 without really grinding much; but the raid drops are unarguably the best for raising light levels.

Oh wow. I love Gambit mode man. It's my favorite thing to do currently.

3-4 weeks is for the pros. then again I might be wrong about that.. it was probably closer to 4-5.

I think I got there in 6 weeks but I was half casually doing everything and didn't do any research to maximize leveling up.

I am not sure I understand your gripe. There are multiple ways of leveling up and it was up to you to do them all. If this had been D1 era when I had a full clan we would have been max level much earlier like the pros running everything. I casually did it on my own more or less but with the app I had no problem finding people to run nightfall, looking for EP shotty or worm, and the raid. Everything was at my fingertips. I have 14 raid finishes because I enjoyed it a lot and love running it with newbies to teach them.

It's obvious you are a casual by the current standard so reaching level 600 in two months is solid even if you needed the horror story. This game is balanced. It has something for the hardcore fanatics to the used to be hardcore fantatics (like me) to the more casuals (like you).

Were you looking for an easier experience? Something less grindy? King's Fall? There was practically no grind to it besides running the raid to get the new weapons to level up if I recall correctly and my clan got bored and quit after successfully running it for a month and half.
a casual by current standards give me a fucking break I'm a solo player I don't got ppl to carry me through the raid or nightfalls.

a casual by current standards give me a fucking break I'm a solo player I don't got ppl to carry me through the raid or nightfalls.

my clan abandoned me. I've picked up one new clan member but she plays sporadically (switching between this and COD now).

Those 14 raid completions were done with 14 differerent groups of different players using the app. 5-6 of them were for no rewards as i wanted to improve and practice the raid. I've failed raid attempts another 4-5 times i think. I've been solo-ing this game the entire time.

you're assuming as a solo player you cannot run the raid or nightfalls which is false. the app allows you to connect with other solo players to run whatever you want. you're not using all the resources available to you for full enjoyment of this game.

my clan abandoned me. I've picked up one new clan member but she plays sporadically (switching between this and COD now).

Those 14 raid completions were done with 14 differerent groups of different players using the app. 5-6 of them were for no rewards as i wanted to improve and practice the raid. I've failed raid attempts another 4-5 times i think. I've been solo-ing this game the entire time.

you're assuming as a solo player you cannot run the raid or nightfalls which is false. the app allows you to connect with other solo players to run whatever you want. you're not using all the resources available to you for full enjoyment of this game.
yes so instead of in game matchmaking use an app?

yes so instead of in game matchmaking use an app?

wow you never used the bungie app?

it's stupid easy and convenient. huge quality of life improvement.

there's a Fireteam tab, click on that and you can choose various activities (anything, crucible, gambit, nightfall, trials, raid) which will filter all available fireteam list. you can create your own or join one.

if you just want to join a fireteam, select the type of game you want, browse through the list, click on the one you like and hit join if there are open slots. if they deem you okay you'll get an invite. if not move on to another choice.

when you create a fireteam - put a title (Nightfall 100K, solar burn), select the event you want for filtering, how many people you are looking for (2 in this case) and then open the fireteam (you can even schedule it but I've never used that shit). people will browse through the list and join. you can review their profile and choose to send an invite or kick them out to look for another person (like if they are too low leveled for the event you are running). when you hit invite, the app will invite them in the game to join your fireteam (extremely useful when inviting 5 people for a raid). sometimes its buggy though cause you have to be in orbit and it doesn't shoot an invite at times so just invite them through a search in your PS4 or Xbox.

And that's it.

that's how I've been running all my nightfalls, raids and it's what i used to find people to get the worm catalyst and finish it. i look through the list before i make my own most of the time.

just download the destiny 2 bungie app dude. it allows you to shift gear from toon to toon which is a must if you are running with more than 1 toon.

Last edited:
Back