Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

After some time to think. Forsaken has been pretty lackluster. The game still hasnt reached the highs of the taken kings, especially when it comes to pvp.

I kinda liked the pvp, but I see Nova Warp way too much. Used it a few times, never again.

Anyone here that plays competitive?

Honestly, I am so tired of all that bullshit with the (mis)matchmaking. Played 3 games today, lost all of them. I can have 20 or more kills no matter the game mode but my teammates are just awful. They don't res, they don't charge or discharge the bombs in countdown, they don't even try to cap the zones in control.

The worst thing, my clan practically doesn't exist no more and few of them that stayed in the clan they don't play PvP at all.

I fell from 2050 glory points to 1960 in 3 games. I feel like I am gonna delete the bounty for Luna's Howl cause I am sick of it.

Honestly, I am so tired of all that bullshit with the (mis)matchmaking. Played 3 games today, lost all of them. I can have 20 or more kills no matter the game mode but my teammates are just awful. They don't res, they don't charge or discharge the bombs in countdown, they don't even try to cap the zones in control.

The worst thing, my clan practically doesn't exist no more and few of them that stayed in the clan they don't play PvP at all.

I fell from 2050 glory points to 1960 in 3 games. I feel like I am gonna delete the bounty for Luna's Howl cause I am sick of it.

you ever think of using the app to create a fireteam with people hunting for luna's howl? can't guarantee the quality of the players but at least you'll be in a team chat with them and they have the same motivation...

I kinda liked the pvp, but I see Nova Warp way too much. Used it a few times, never again.
the nova warp is cancer the whole ideal of you not losing any super energy unless you use the warp is retarded. I don't see why you don't lose any when using the attack it's like they are trying to make up for the voidwalker subclass and stormtrance super being shit. In D1 you had hunter and warlock mains bitching from the time they launched the sunbreaker subclass until they nerfed it into the ground. Now they got another too op super that's unavoidable and they haven't done shit to balance it.

So I finally got around to playing Forsaken. Story was pretty weak....kill some Barons, at your own pace while leveling up, and then kill a big worm looking thing? How in the flying fuck did we not have a full on battle with Uldren? Really reminds me of the horrible end "fight" from Halo 4...just such a crock of shit.

Overall once you beat the main storyline you go back to grinding out power levels just like we've been doing in every single expansion. I've put some hours into it and it's not really sucking me back in. I spent an hour in the Blinding Well (or whatever it's called) doing Tier I, II, and III and they're all the fucking same just with extra Ogres? I did luck out and there was a team of 5-6 guys in there already, as once it gets turned into a Heroic it's a 580 event and I'm still about about 515 or so and everything was immune.

Gotta be honest : not really happy with Forsaken. The new weapon system is great, the bows have been fun, but overall it just turned right back to grinding out power levels so quickly. I mean each Baron requires you to grind a bit...just slow and not satisfying. I'm not reading through this whole thread but what was everybody else's opinion on the story of Forsaken?

and then kill a big worm looking thing? How in the flying fuck did we not have a full on battle with Uldren? Really reminds me of the horrible end "fight" from Halo 4...just such a crock of shit.
I think of it as a giant meatball/testicle monster as for Uldren I think they wanted you to feel a bit sympathetic for him so they made him kinda pathetic in the end. I would've rather him be a strike boss but they used Fikrul for that instead so we're stuck with that ending. Overall it is decent imo it gets better as your LL goes up and you're able to dish out and take more dmg. I would've like to see the blind well be more like the court of oryx or archon's forge but they stuck with the ep format. Each week it changes though next week it should be the taken it goes scorn, hive, then taken to match the dreaming city. I think most the other stuff the dlc added is good I think gambit is an overhyped pos game mode though but the weapons you get from it are some of the best in the game. I think it's up there with TTK in the amount of new stuff it added but the leveling is just as tedious as it was in TTK.

I think of it as a giant meatball/testicle monster as for Uldren I think they wanted you to feel a bit sympathetic for him so they made him kinda pathetic in the end. I would've rather him be a strike boss but they used Fikrul for that instead so we're stuck with that ending. Overall it is decent imo it gets better as your LL goes up and you're able to dish out and take more dmg. I would've like to see the blind well be more like the court of oryx or archon's forge but they stuck with the ep format. Each week it changes though next week it should be the taken it goes scorn, hive, then taken to match the dreaming city. I think most the other stuff the dlc added is good I think gambit is an overhyped pos game mode though but the weapons you get from it are some of the best in the game. I think it's up there with TTK in the amount of new stuff it added but the leveling is just as tedious as it was in TTK.

I loved the story. It was their best one yet.

Each of the barons missions was different and it pulled everything they had done so far so I give them props for trying. they couldn't make it too hard for the newbies but it was fun IMO.

I enjoy gambit a lot. it'd be more fun I had a team playing it but whatever.

Last edited:
you ever think of using the app to create a fireteam with people hunting for luna's howl? can't guarantee the quality of the players but at least you'll be in a team chat with them and they have the same motivation...

I tried LFG once but less said the better, I ran into some really toxic people and elitist pricks.

Anyhow, I finished the quest for Luna's Howl. Went into the competitive with a buddy a we had so much luck with the game modes ( no countdown, we played survival, clash and breaktrough ). First game was sweaty as fuck but other two were easy-peasy, especially the last one, those poor guys were terrible.

I loved the story. It was their best one yet.

Each of the barons missions were different and it pulled everything they had done so far so I give them props for trying. they couldn't make it too hard for the newbies but it was fun IMO.

I enjoy gambit a lot. it'd be more fun I had a team playing it but whatever.
best one in D2 by far I just feel the ending was anticlimactic.

best one in D2 by far I just feel the ending was anticlimactic.

oh I agree. I wanted to fight Ulden so bad... a bit of a cop out by Bungie but whatever.

anyone use the wavesplitter yet in PvP? I got it to drop yesterday after finishing the flashpoint and was just going to put it into a badlander for gambit but decided against it. They gave the trace rifles a bunch of buffs in this last update and upped the amount of ammo in PvP and I've never got this much dbl and triple downs before outside of a super or heavy weapons. The only downside is picking up green bricks barely gives you any ammo so ammo wise it sucks but the ttk and the ability to get dbl downs easily is nice.

anyone use the wavesplitter yet in PvP? I got it to drop yesterday after finishing the flashpoint and was just going to put it into a badlander for gambit but decided against it. They gave the trace rifles a bunch of buffs in this last update and upped the amount of ammo in PvP and I've never got this much dbl and triple downs before outside of a super or heavy weapons. The only downside is picking up green bricks barely gives you any ammo so ammo wise it sucks but the ttk and the ability to get dbl downs easily is nice.

Been meaning to.

It’s part of my Riven loadout actually. SNIper, wavesplitter, cluster bad omens. I enjoy beaming all the trash to death...

So I finally got around to playing Forsaken. Story was pretty weak...

I'm not reading through this whole thread but what was everybody else's opinion on the story of Forsaken?

I've always said from the start with ANY fps game: I don't care about the story.

I love the Forsaken expansion for the gameplay, but I don't really care about the story line (or pay attention to it, really) to make a call on whether I felt it was "good" or not.

Looks like they've buffed drop rates though. In one night I got 5 exotics, three of them being new. Pretty stoked on this Black Talon and the Shards of Galanor. It is my new go-to loadout for sure, for fun. There's four pictures if you swipe through, but I don'tn know if you can do that on a PC.

Last edited:
Grind complete for the Haunted Forest Triumph and the Fighting Lion catalyst, which is still a slow piece of shit.

Also I wanted to thank SaiWa for the deadly post on the Bungie App. I have been using the App since Day 1 and agree that it is a huge QOL improvement for any serious player, but I had no idea it was so good for LFGing as well. I usually use the built in LFG on Xbox when I need to, but I'll give the App a try next time.

I feel you bro. I'm at the portion where I need headshots but I find that playing super early like 5 am makes it easier. It's almost Like the good kids got off and it's just children playing.

Last edited:
@StabbyMcHatchet , the story is the only real reason I came back. They advertised Forsaken as basically getting our revenge on Uldren for killing the most likable character in the Destiny universe. But he's shot off screen? To each their own but I was interested in playing through the story, and overall it was a letdown for me.

Some of the Barons were fun to fight but I don't think we saw anything new...every one of them had a gimmick that was almost directly copied from the Prison of Elders.

I'm still messing around and seeing the new strikes....saw Insight Terminus for the first time and good ole Destiny made sure I got to repeat it immediately. haha I've gotten a couple of exotics but most are Year 2 versions of year 1 or D1 recycles.... only new exotic I've gotten is the Void exotic sword which you posted earlier and it's pretty cool.

@StabbyMcHatchet , the story is the only real reason I came back. They advertised Forsaken as basically getting our revenge on Uldren for killing the most likable character in the Destiny universe. But he's shot off screen? To each their own but I was interested in playing through the story, and overall it was a letdown for me.

Some of the Barons were fun to fight but I don't think we saw anything new...every one of them had a gimmick that was almost directly copied from the Prison of Elders.

I'm still messing around and seeing the new strikes....saw Insight Terminus for the first time and good ole Destiny made sure I got to repeat it immediately. haha I've gotten a couple of exotics but most are Year 2 versions of year 1 or D1 recycles.... only new exotic I've gotten is the Void exotic sword which you posted earlier and it's pretty cool.

It’s too bad u a filthy Xbox user. I’d carry your ass thru the new raid... lol

One Gambit reset away from getting the ghost shell and finishing up my Gambit Seal.

Back