Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

I tried the lance in PvP and couldn't do very well with it. I run with dual ARs and the Colony.

I have been killed by it a lot though.

This one was too good not to post haha:

pathetic-when-my-lfg-team-doesnt-one-phase-calus-28977328.png
That was my reaction whenever I let someone try do any of the more 'demanding' jobs during the raids of the first game and they'd fail. Especially running sword during Crota, people would get like one or two tries before I would just take it over.

Graviton Lance can well and truly go fuck itself. I have no issue with a powerful weapon but god damn that fucking thing has no weak areas...good both up close, and at medium-long range. I wish we'd see a bit more variety as all I'm seeing are Graviton Lance, Vigilance Wing, and Sins of the Past. Those two exotics are so much more powerful than anything else right now (outside of the Claymore) that you're intentionally handicapping yourself by not using them.

@GSP4tw ... you were 100% right, fucking weapon is dominating and overused like all hell right now.
<JonesLaugh>

Unless you're playing super aggressive and up close to people there is zero reason not to use the Graviton Lance. You beat scout rifles at scout range, you beat hand cannons at close range and when you get a kill the orby-thing goes and hurts the next guy you're going to be shooting. Having them both be two burst guns might be a mild case of overtuning.

Tractor cannon needs to be removed from the game. Most cancerous weapon I’ve seen in d1 and 2 combined. Suck at pvp? Just put on the tractor cannon, you get 6 fucking shots in pvp and 7 with the catalysts. That is fucking broken, watching the d2 tournament the other day and one of the guys used it to a crutch and all his kills were from it, so the league made a rule that it’s illegal to use it.

How fucking dumb are the workers at bungie? Remove our special weapons because people bitched about one hit kills, yet there’s more one hit kills in d2. At least in d1 we could fucking fight back because we were also allowed to use shotty/snipers. There’s 0 counterplay against a heavy with the dual primary system.

Last edited:
Graviton Lance can well and truly go fuck itself. I have no issue with a powerful weapon but god damn that fucking thing has no weak areas...good both up close, and at medium-long range. I wish we'd see a bit more variety as all I'm seeing are Graviton Lance, Vigilance Wing, and Sins of the Past. Those two exotics are so much more powerful than anything else right now (outside of the Claymore) that you're intentionally handicapping yourself by not using them.

@GSP4tw ... you were 100% right, fucking weapon is dominating and overused like all hell right now.
I was getting pissed big time when those two pulse rifles was killing me at auto rifle range there was a few times mida multi tool was out doing me with the graviton lance but I'll blame that on the other guy getting his sights on me faster. As for the sin of the past fuck that thing it's damn near as bad as the colony

I tried the lance in PvP and couldn't do very well with it. I run with dual ARs and the Colony.

it has a weird recoil where you need to am at the chest to get the high power round hit a crit. I tried going for just headshots but getting both rounds to be crits is kind of random especially the closer you are.

I have been running Crimson and Mannanan?
w/ Blue shift I'm a voidwalker devour Warlock.

I have never done a raid or even a Nightfall on D2, but I'm having fun for a solo newb.

Man, after working on the Prestige Raid last week, the normal raid is a cake-walk. We stomped through it without a single wipe last night, then proceeded to Stomp through the Eater of Worlds raid right after. I just need the boots and I'll have a full armour set from Argos. I don't want to jinx myself, but my RNG has been really good with the Argos raid. I've only completed it a couple times and I've only ever gotten four pieces or armour to drop, and not one of them has been a duplicate.

The key to remember with Graviton Lance is that it's a pulse rifle, but the first bullet is pretty much worthless, and the 2nd bullet is more powerful than any high-impact scout in the game. So treat it more like a scout rifle and you'll likely have more success.

Man, after working on the Prestige Raid last week, the normal raid is a cake-walk. We stomped through it without a single wipe last night, then proceeded to Stomp through the Eater of Worlds raid right after. I just need the boots and I'll have a full armour set from Argos. I don't want to jinx myself, but my RNG has been really good with the Argos raid. I've only completed it a couple times and I've only ever gotten four pieces or armour to drop, and not one of them has been a duplicate.
they are going to release the prestige raid lairs in July where they are going to have the Telesto catalyst in the Eater of Worlds and the Sleeper Simulant catalyst in the Spire of Stars along with the Legend of Acrius catalyst in the original raid.

they are going to release the prestige raid lairs in July where they are going to have the Telesto catalyst in the Eater of Worlds and the Sleeper Simulant catalyst in the Spire of Stars along with the Legend of Acrius catalyst in the original raid.

Great, more shit I won't be getting because I never raid.

Great, more shit I won't be getting because I never raid.
Bro, there is no reason why you can't get an LFG team together and get carried through. The resources are out there.

Oh god, am I going to have to do Prestige Calus again for Acrius catalyst?

Bro, there is no reason why you can't get an LFG team together and get carried through. The resources are out there.

Bro, I have an hour, maybe two at most, at any given time for gaming. I don't have time to run through a raid in totality. Wife, kid, job, house, etc.

Bro, I have an hour, maybe two at most, at any given time for gaming. I don't have time to run through a raid in totality. Wife, kid, job, house, etc.

you could run the first half and then pretend something came up and bounce.. dickish move but whatever... if you find a great time and kind know what u are doing u can finish the first raid in 40 mins or so.. much less if the team is great...

Honestly, any experienced team of four can take two noobs through the normal raid from start to finish in a hour if the noobs are good at gaming and take instruction.
I think it's worth the effort for you to give it a try. It's a lot of fun and satisfying to complete any of the raids.

Oh god, am I going to have to do Prestige Calus again for Acrius catalyst?
If that's the case, I'm kinda glad I haven't finished it on Prestige yet, because it is a chore and I really only want the quest finished, so I'll likely only want to do it once.

Well I think I'll have to tap out on Faction grinding. I think I got it to like 19 or 20, but I can't do it anymore. I'm pretty sure my brain actually stopped working while I was doing it yesterday due to the monotony.

Well I think I'll have to tap out on Faction grinding. I think I got it to like 19 or 20, but I can't do it anymore. I'm pretty sure my brain actually stopped working while I was doing it yesterday due to the monotony.
I felt that way with dead orbit luckly with FWC my hunter had a full set of armour so that made it go by alot easier.

Just hit Rank 43 with New Monarchy...I'm trying to keep it fresh by doing the grind at different locations every 30 minutes or so. A couple on Titan, a few on Earth, then to Mars, etc. Took my Titan until Rank 30 until I got the class item to drop and now it's going a bit faster. I spent a bunch of time on Earth because you need to collect ~50 Dusklight for one of the ornaments. I'm even throwing in a Mercury Heroic Adventure every so often to keep from getting bored to all hell.

These Season 3 Faction Rallies are pretty boring. "Renown" is a pretty cool mechanic but it sucks that we're stuck with the "Attrition" modifier for the entire season. It would be cool if they changed the modifiers every faction rally to try and bring some kind of freshness to the game. That Sweet Business catalyst looks pretty cool...it reduces the flinch when you're shooting to almost zero. It should be a lot of fun to use so I'm looking forward to that, but I'm not looking forward to getting 1 billion kills with Sweet Business before the weapon is fully upgraded. That Sunshot catalyst broke me mentally...just too many kills required.

Just saw this on Reddit and thought it was kind of cool. Apparently somebody in the lore community was told there's still a secret message which hadn't been found, so some people got together and started digging. They found a cool message in the Lore Tab for Telesto...basically the first letter of each word spells out the message :

Crow Untrustworthy Desires Power

Pretty cool little Easter Egg and of course the people on Reddit did more digging and it works in the a ton of different languages.

Edit: For those not aware Prince Uldren was originally going to be in command of a group called "The Crows" during D1. This was all before the lead writer left and the story was ripped apart and completely rewritten.

Back