Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

so they broke each rank in PvP up into 3 tiers like in gambit so you rank up more and get extra rewards seems odd hopefully nothing else changed.

I saw the promo video for the new DLC with the Blacksmith title I've been trying for the Wayfairer one but not running EP has fucked me out of that one. I think I've seen the gambit one the most but that's a dickish title.
Just get into a good EP instance where guys are farming it and pop a boon and you'll get everything you need. If you're short on a piece of armour, try to loot bait it buy wearing a blue piece instead. I needed the helmet so I ran all 600 light legendary gear but put on a 580 blue helmet and the first armour drop I got was the helmet.

so they broke each rank in PvP up into 3 tiers like in gambit so you rank up more and get extra rewards seems odd hopefully nothing else changed.
"They're giving us more rewards. I hope they didn't change other stuff too"
Huh?

"They're giving us more rewards. I hope they didn't change other stuff too"
Huh?
I don't want the amount it takes to reset your ranks to change and the only way you can finish the legend tier is with wins & bounties in QP. In Gambit it takes like 15k to reset your rank and once you get to the legend rank you get a solid 3k tier block where you only get points from wins and bounties.

kill clip on rocket launcher has to be the stupidest perk ever put on any fucking gun in either D1 or D2

Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah I can understand that. I've never bothered with a single PvP grind, other than grinding out IB for armour or whatever, but I've even skipped the last two IB's.

I've been playing a little gambit for some autorifle quest, but the progress is so slow that I think I just DGAF enough to keep going for it. Same as the Malfeasance quest; I keep dying with motes so never progress that quest. I just don't care enough to force myself to grind any PvP based stuff these days. I love the raiding though.

Anyone else pumped for today??? Black Armoury drops!!

Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah I can understand that. I've never bothered with a single PvP grind, other than grinding out IB for armour or whatever, but I've even skipped the last two IB's.

I've been playing a little gambit for some autorifle quest, but the progress is so slow that I think I just DGAF enough to keep going for it. Same as the Malfeasance quest; I keep dying with motes so never progress that quest. I just don't care enough to force myself to grind any PvP based stuff these days. I love the raiding though.

its not that bad of a grind actually. I enjoy gambit so I just use positive outlook and a primary auto and just went to town against all the trash ads. I am done with one and the other two are halfway done. it's the overall games 10 out of 40 but that was from two nights of casually playing gambit.

I am thinking I can get it by next week if I grind for it. maybe even this weekend if I am motivated. but meh so far.. been a bit busy with real life and ever since I got that Thousand Voices my drive to play has waned greatly..

Anyone else pumped for today??? Black Armoury drops!!
I was until I went to forge the machine gun in the forge and after a couple attempts relized this going to be another EP type bs game mode with another stupid ass time limit.

I was until I went to forge the machine gun in the forge and after a couple attempts relized this going to be another EP type bs game mode with another stupid ass time limit.

Yeah not sure I am a fan but we will see. It’s time like these I wish I had my clan mates... it didn’t seem that hard but no teamwork with randoms...

Yeah not sure I am a fan but we will see. It’s time like these I wish I had my clan mates... it didn’t seem that hard but no teamwork with randoms...
no teamwork is the biggest thing maybe once ppl are 650LL it won't be so bad. As of now getting those 20 orbs in before time expires sucks and that's just the first wave. I was watching videos and the second wave has scorpius turrets & colossus and in the boss stage the players were getting insta deaths from psions rupture ability.

It'll be a lot easier once you get to higher light, as usual. We were running the forge last night after trying to level our main characters up. I managed to get to 613 and I was the highest. We could get through the first two levels but had a hard time killing the boss on the third level, just due to the adds and the amount of shit that could OHK us all.

Once we're up a higher light level, It'll be easier to stay alive and continue to dish out punishment to the boss while dealing with adds, but as it stood last night, we were just to squishy to get him below half-health.

Mind you, I totally suck with a sniper rifle and we were trying to use that damned Whisper. I think next time I'd rather run a team with Sleeper or Thunderlords.

One tactic we figured out pretty quick was to have one guy run around and drop the glowing dudes so they would drop the orbs, and the other two would run around and just grab them and throw them and kill red bars. It worked out well for keeping the timer pumped up.

It'll be a lot easier once you get to higher light, as usual. We were running the forge last night after trying to level our main characters up. I managed to get to 613 and I was the highest. We could get through the first two levels but had a hard time killing the boss on the third level, just due to the adds and the amount of shit that could OHK us all.

Once we're up a higher light level, It'll be easier to stay alive and continue to dish out punishment to the boss while dealing with adds, but as it stood last night, we were just to squishy to get him below half-health.

Mind you, I totally suck with a sniper rifle and we were trying to use that damned Whisper. I think next time I'd rather run a team with Sleeper or Thunderlords.

One tactic we figured out pretty quick was to have one guy run around and drop the glowing dudes so they would drop the orbs, and the other two would run around and just grab them and throw them and kill red bars. It worked out well for keeping the timer pumped up.
do red bars give out time too? This is just starting to remind me of Crota's End where the only way ppl would team up with you on a lfg website was if you had the gjallarhorn. Damn near every video I saw everyone was using the whisper of the worm and the ikelos shotgun.

So this popped up on my YouTube "recommended videos" today. I've been hearing a bit about how difficult this new Forge is...so much so that Bungie has already dropped the power level of each enemy by 5. Lots of people bitching and whining that it's still too hard, and then I see this :

So this popped up on my YouTube "recommended videos" today. I've been hearing a bit about how difficult this new Forge is...so much so that Bungie has already dropped the power level of each enemy by 5. Lots of people bitching and whining that it's still too hard, and then I see this :

Esotericck is the best.

He is 631 already.. He can grind like crazy and has the mats to convert with the best weapons.

The rest of us mere mortals are sitting at 310 or so without our best weapons and are like... wtf... lol

honestly if I was grinding hard i'd be 320 to 330 myself. just too busy and don't feel grinding. Being a solo player really takes the joy out of this game...

Esotericck is the best.

Dude is really a great player and overall pretty decent YouTube personality.

He is 631 already.. He can grind like crazy and has the mats to convert with the best weapons.

The rest of us mere mortals are sitting at 310 or so without our best weapons and are like... wtf... lol

honestly if I was grinding hard i'd be 320 to 330 myself. just too busy and don't feel grinding. Being a solo player really takes the joy out of this game...

310-330...I'm sure you mean 610-630, right? Since Forsaken the Power Level Cap has been 600, and as far as I understand it has been increased to 650 with the Black Armory portion of the Annual Pass.

The big complaint from people was that Black Armory hasn't added much outside of the Forge (and a new Raid today, right?). So people have to go and grind out the exact same stuff they've been grinding for over a year now just so they can go and do the new shit added with the DLC. So people are essentially looking at Black Armory as a DLC that they can't really play until they grind out to about 620ish, and I can see that attitude. As you said being a solo player it makes the grind SLOW as molasses. That's why I got so bored with Forsaken so quickly...nothing to do besides hop on and get my powerful engrams...hoping I don't get 7 power weapon engrams in a row. haha

Yeah he meant 610 for sure.

These guys that don't have to work full time jobs and take care of a family have the time to grind out with all three characters; that's the difference.

If you start with your least favorite, the move to your second choice, then finally play your main character, he'll be highest light by the end because he will be starting the grind with weapons that have been raised in LL by your other two characters.

I ONLY worked on my primary, and got him to 613 and I still technically have one more powerful engram waiting for me if a complete a couple Gambit matches.

That's how guys are getting to 630.

Also, the Dreaming City and Raid Drops have the largest LL jumps, so do ALL your Powerful gear stuff first to raise your base light, then do the Raid and Petra stuff last.

Being a solo player really takes the joy out of this game...

Bro, your clan may be inactive, but there are still plenty of active players and clans out there. Start LFGing and make new friends. You'll have people to play with in no time.

Back