Destiny, v10: Are we ready for some new content yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the taken king off the sale, any tips or advice to level up fast? Ps4 Vanilla destiny player here.

Cheers
Strike Playlist IMO and finish the Vanguard/Crucible quest lines so you can up those factions and get faction packages.

I don't have rise of iron, seems expensive at 30 bucks, just got the expansion because it was discounted

went into some pvp and it's all pulse rifles now I got kill by some guy with tlw and was happy about it.

went into some pvp and it's all pulse rifles now I got kill by some guy with tlw and was happy about it.
I know that pain all too well. Seems that everyone is using a Clever Dragon with High Caliber Rounds.

I have all the updates. I just started The Taken King quests.

All this new stuff! I want better weapons haha
Ooh, you are back, i might hav to dust off the old Destiny as well. I am underlevelled.

So I hear there's a petition to remove SBMM. I wish it would happen or at least have a choice.

What is SBMM?
Skill based matchmaking. It matches you with people that have a similar elo/kdr. For a long time, Bungie denied it was even being used but then one day they finally admitted that they stealth put it into the game. It's why the Crucible got noticeably laggier during year two and why you may have noticed you weren't able to do as well as you could in the past. People have wanted it gone for a couple reasons. Some want it gone because it causes laggier matches. Lots of content creators, Youtuber's and Streamers, want it gone so that they can go into matches and pub stomp people and create more content based around how good they are(which they are).

In theory, SBMM is a good idea, but the way Bungie implements it is weird. They are trying to say that connection is the first thing taken into account when it comes to matchmaking but people are already proving that to be bullshit. There needs to be an option or they have to tweak their matchmaking. I don't want to have to play against someone from Australia just because we're in the same skill bracket when I could be playing against a person down the block, but I also don't want matches to be completely one sided. If it were strictly a CBMM(Connection based matchmaking) game and you happened to get put on the opposite team of one of the top 100 players, hell even the top 1%, you're in for a bad time. It's probably going to be an ass whooping.
The new super for the hunter sucks
It's fun once you get used to it. Shadestep is also one of the best abilities in the game.

Oh. Thanks for the explanation. I just rage quit in cases like that, haha.

Looks like we're a wee bit overdue for a v11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back