Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

How is the Destiny 2 beta?
Felt like Destiny, but with slightly slower movement and a higher focus on team shots. I hope that we get a new build to use when the PC beta comes out in a few weeks.

Hey dudes, I haven't been around but I played the beta over the weekend and I am hyped. Where was the social space? I never found it.

Hey dudes, I haven't been around but I played the beta over the weekend and I am hyped. Where was the social space? I never found it.

It was on the director but only for an hour this past Sunday (1pm Eastern). It was pretty basic as there were no NPC's so just lots of people running around and jumping on stuff. TONS of videos on YouTube of guys exploring the area... it wasn't very exciting in my opinion.

Glad you're hyped for the game... I'm not a fan of this new weapon system at all and I really didn't enjoy the beta.

Hmm. Interesting. I love the new weapon system and look forward to the entire experience. I enjoyed the Beta too. Hopefully you get some good times out of it, if you buy it.

The weapon is cold and the middle of the gun looks like a heart so we called it....Cold Heart.

<36>

Even though its a troll I can still believe it

ZHX4R5W.jpg

hLv3mhC.jpg

Even though its a troll I can still believe it

ZHX4R5W.jpg

hLv3mhC.jpg

This is great but it's true... by moving it to the Power slot they have effectively nerfed it out of existence. Who's going to pick a fusion rifle over all the other choices? I'm a big fan of fusion rifles and Plan C / Saladin's Vigil were my favorite weapons, but during what scenario will a fusion rifle be preferred to sword / grenade launcher / rocket launcher / sniper ?

Though I saw a video where they are saying we might have different kinds of swords ; some in the energy slot and some in the power slot. Who knows anymore.

This is great but it's true... by moving it to the Power slot they have effectively nerfed it out of existence. Who's going to pick a fusion rifle over all the other choices? I'm a big fan of fusion rifles and Plan C / Saladin's Vigil were my favorite weapons, but during what scenario will a fusion rifle be preferred to sword / grenade launcher / rocket launcher / sniper ?

Though I saw a video where they are saying we might have different kinds of swords ; some in the energy slot and some in the power slot. Who knows anymore.
ppl will still use them in pvp if the time to kill stays the same players won't need to be spooling up them up behind corners they can just use them cold and still trade deaths they were more effective in the beta then anyother power weapon.

ppl will still use them in pvp if the time to kill stays the same players won't need to be spooling up them up behind corners they can just use them cold and still trade deaths they were more effective in the beta then anyother power weapon.

Gotcha... I never once was able to acquire power ammo and actually use it in the crucible. If you are trying to pull ammo and someone shoots you, then your little timer starts over. I also hated having to fight my own teammates to pick it up, so I never got to use a fusion in crucible and I also never saw one. I saw a few shotguns though but it certainly wasn't rampant like in D1.

I doubt they can nerf fusion rifles more times than they nerfed Blade Dancer in Destiny.

The fusion rifle was the strongest power weapon in the beta, by far.

Gotcha... I never once was able to acquire power ammo and actually use it in the crucible. If you are trying to pull ammo and someone shoots you, then your little timer starts over. I also hated having to fight my own teammates to pick it up, so I never got to use a fusion in crucible and I also never saw one. I saw a few shotguns though but it certainly wasn't rampant like in D1.
with how fast it spawned in pvp(control) it was like how special ammo is now in Destiny 1. I never really cared about getting it the shotgun was pretty much useless to me, the sniper rifle didn't hit hard enough, I have never liked fusion rifles, and the grenade launcher hit like a bitch. I did get killed alot by the fusion rifles though in pvp and always used the grenade launcher in pve instead.

The grenade launcher sucks unless you get direct hits. It was the most potentially damaging power weapon by far (in the beta build we just played), you just can't miss and expect the bounce to do shit.

That's for pve of course, I hardly played pvp and never used a power weapon once when I did

Last edited:
I'm not crazy about how you have to fight with your team mates for the power ammo either, but on the bright side, it seemed to spawn often.

I'm not crazy about how you have to fight with your team mates for the power ammo either, but on the bright side, it seemed to spawn often.

Fucking noob and his double posts. haha Cheers buddy!

new iron banner today for anyone still playing the game mode is control and the weapons are the hand cannon and sniper rifle.

Back