Destiny, v11: Open Your Wallets

Apparently on 9/1 we'll get an epilogue and a prologue on D1 before D2 launches.

I'm excited about D2.

Fuck, I hope not. I deleted the game and shelved it after finishing my Age of Triumph

Apparently on 9/1 we'll get an epilogue and a prologue on D1 before D2 launches.

I'm excited about D2.
what just like the movies for TTK and ROI? Or like the Queen's Wrath shit in yr1?

Aren't they planning on locking loadouts for certain activities too?

I thought the locked loadouts was just for some events or activities, not all of them. I'd hate it if everything was locked for every event.

As far as I can tell all that stuff about 9/1 and getting new content is a 100% UNVERIFIED rumor which started on Reddit. Even on r/DestinyTheGame it's not getting any credence so I doubt it's true.

As far as I can tell all that stuff about 9/1 and getting new content is a 100% UNVERIFIED rumor which started on Reddit. Even on r/DestinyTheGame it's not getting any credence so I doubt it's true.
good now I don't need to reinstall the pos

I'm still not on board with the new "2 primary" weapon system. I saw them talking about in a raid where you will have to have each of your teammates fitted in a certain manner. I don't know why they keep on telling how we should play the game.

Neither am I. I only switched primaries because my main gun ran out of ammo.

As for the bolded part, that's Bungie and something that's never sat well with me throughout Destiny 1. They seem like a very arrogant and stubborn studio. They want you to have fun but only in the ways they deem to be fun. The game would be a lot better if they promoted player choice and freedom but that's never going to happen. Restricted loadouts and timers for certain missions sounds really dull to me.

Neither am I. I only switched primaries because my main gun ran out of ammo.

As for the bolded part, that's Bungie and something that's never sat well with me throughout Destiny 1. They seem like a very arrogant and stubborn studio. They want you to have fun but only in the ways they deem to be fun. The game would be a lot better if they promoted player choice and freedom but that's never going to happen. Restricted loadouts and timers for certain missions sounds really dull to me.

I have gotten pretty negative towards Destiny over the last year or so, and funny enough I haven't really played for at least 6 months. I was really excited for the D2 beta and it just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I'm still excited for the full release here in a couple weeks, but I'm not too sure it's going to hold my interest for very long. We'll see... I might get sucked back in, but there's certainly some things which just aren't appealing to me.

As for the locked loadouts I'm very curious WHY they chose this as a concept, but maybe it will make a bit more sense later? Perhaps we're in an area where there is no light (or something to that effect) so we can only use what we brought with us. I don't know... I'm also feeling that D2 is basically an entire game which is a side story. Since they have admitted they don't know what direction to go with the whole "Darkness" thing I'm wondering where that leaves Destiny in general. We've been waiting 3 years for a continuation of a story and it looks like we're still not going to get it for a while.

Again, just me whining and babbling.

I have gotten pretty negative towards Destiny over the last year or so, and funny enough I haven't really played for at least 6 months. I was really excited for the D2 beta and it just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I'm still excited for the full release here in a couple weeks, but I'm not too sure it's going to hold my interest for very long. We'll see... I might get sucked back in, but there's certainly some things which just aren't appealing to me.

As for the locked loadouts I'm very curious WHY they chose this as a concept, but maybe it will make a bit more sense later? Perhaps we're in an area where there is no light (or something to that effect) so we can only use what we brought with us. I don't know... I'm also feeling that D2 is basically an entire game which is a side story. Since they have admitted they don't know what direction to go with the whole "Darkness" thing I'm wondering where that leaves Destiny in general. We've been waiting 3 years for a continuation of a story and it looks like we're still not going to get it for a while.

Again, just me whining and babbling.
I've been negative with them since they decided to move towards a pvp based game other then pve I really don't see D2 being any different once they release ToO. Maybe this whole locking of loadouts and no weapon rerolls is just prepping players for pvp.

Locked loadouts have only been confirmed for NIghtfall at this point

Locked load out feature is weird...

Well hopefully the goodies from nightfall will make it worth it... might make it interesting and introduce a bit more teamwork. Teammates will have to decide what to bring and what position to take at certain points..

.would actually be cool if they increased the nightfall to 4 people instead of just 3 members...

Locked load out feature is weird...

Well hopefully the goodies from nightfall will make it worth it... might make it interesting and introduce a bit more teamwork. Teammates will have to decide what to bring and what position to take at certain points..

.would actually be cool if they increased the nightfall to 4 people instead of just 3 members...
yes a Void Titan to pick off adds and three poledancers to go dance the boss up/get one shot'd

The locked loadout thing is strange; so it's not in raids and that's good, but I guess it's a possible modifier for a nightfall? Lots of differing sources with conflicting information on how this is going to workout.

Something I did notice from the trailer they released the other day is they showed what happens if you destroy a shielded enemy with a weapon which matches the shields element : like a firefly explosion but a bit more violent.

Edit : that fusion rifle kill on the vex minotaur... watch the explosion.

OK, so Bungie just dropped the European Dead Zone trailer.

There are quite a few videos out there of people exploring this area already if you want to check them out. Also, not sure if it was posted, but "pre-load" for D2 has occurred so everybody should be able to download and install the base game. This way you're not waiting in a queue when it drops just so you can download 28GB before you can start playing.

OK, so lots of news coming out. I'm putting it in a spoiler for those who want to go in 100% unaware.

Taken King subclasses will be coming back, but it looks like they will come with some progress. Apparently these guys playing in the EDZ are picking up "subclass relics" and the Hunters relic is a bow and the titan has a "melted hammer." .. there's also some stuff which shows a percentage of how far along a Warlock is on a path called " Arc Light Stirring"
kbGW6RI.png

OK, so Bungie just dropped the European Dead Zone trailer.

There are quite a few videos out there of people exploring this area already if you want to check them out. Also, not sure if it was posted, but "pre-load" for D2 has occurred so everybody should be able to download and install the base game. This way you're not waiting in a queue when it drops just so you can download 28GB before you can start playing.
was that Widow's Court and Memento

Some info from a preview from a dutch site, there was a video but was taken down

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6vk3mf/destiny_2_preview/

A dutch gaming website just posted a preview of Destiny 2 on their Youtube feed. They played the game for 16 hours (mostly campaign, it seems). Full spoilers (although you're pretty safe if you don't speak dutch) and a whole lot of new footage.

• They played for 16 hours and got about two thirds through the story. That time does include "a bit of PvP and strikes" and adventures.

• "Destiny 2 is not a grindfest at all"

• You start with absolutely nothing, no power.

• Progress is a lot better than in D1.

• Mentions you unlock different things at different levels.

• He didn't have his sparrow yet at level 20.

• Armor doesn't get cool until the endgame.

• Talks about Titan (the planet moon). One of the locations is an abandoned resort. Game looks absolutely stunning.

• Music is also amazing, apparently only 4 guys at Bungie are responsible for the music.

• Zero complaints, except maybe you have to start all over.

• (Obviously) they haven't played anything of the end game. He was told the (end)game would unfold "like a flower" once you finish the campaign.

I can't seem to figure out how to get my preload to work. I went to bungie.net, have my preorder code and everything. This is getting annoying. From now on if I buy a game online I'm just doing it straight through the PS4.

I can't seem to figure out how to get my preload to work. I went to bungie.net, have my preorder code and everything. This is getting annoying. From now on if I buy a game online I'm just doing it straight through the PS4.

On Xbox I went to the "Xbox store" and searched for it. When I found it, it came up with "Install" sitting next to it.

Sign in to bungie then click on your icon then it will drop a menu with a redeem codes option then enter your 9 digit code. I just went trough the PSN the bungie site sucks.

Back