Devil May Cry 1-3 coming to PS4/XBONE/PC in 2018

I thought it was already out. It must have been on ps3 because I just played the whole collection recently.

It wasn't as good as I remembered, didn't age well imo.

I thought it was already out. It must have been on ps3 because I just played the whole collection recently.

Gotta disagree with you on that. Sure the graphics aren't going to be as incredible and cutting edge as games that come out now but the gameplay is still some of the best in the action/hack n slash genre. Very rewarding if you can beat the games on Dante Must Die mode.

Still waiting for the ninja gaiden hd collection. Ng was 2004 for me. I was a sophomore in HS. I remember buying it and seeing a guy I looked up to who was a year ahead of me, he saw me carrying it at walmart, and shot me a "niiiiiice" look, and a senior I did track with was begging to borrow it. I eventually did, and he never returned it. I ended up getting Black anyway.

Gotta disagree with you on that. Sure the graphics aren't going to be as incredible and cutting edge as games that come out now but the gameplay is still some of the best in the action/hack n slash genre. Very rewarding if you can beat the games on Dante Must Die mode.
The new DMC and Ninja Gaiden Black are both better. I've played all 3 recently.

Same thing but just for PS4 now also. Plus i guess getting ready for when 5 gets announced.

giphy.gif

The actual combat is still great but the red walls for each combat encounter hasn't aged well and having to backtrack and go through each area again was a lazy gameplay mechanic even back then.

Still waiting for the ninja gaiden hd collection. Ng was 2004 for me. I was a sophomore in HS. I remember buying it and seeing a guy I looked up to who was a year ahead of me, he saw me carrying it at walmart, and shot me a "niiiiiice" look, and a senior I did track with was begging to borrow it. I eventually did, and he never returned it. I ended up getting Black anyway.

I loved that game, I would like a NG black remastered and a NG2 Xbox edition, remastered without slowdowns and new PS3 weapons.

That guy that replaced itagaki is incapable of doing anything right

Why are they remastering in reverse chronological order? DmC and DM4 are remastered, I'll take 3, 2 is piece of shit and 1 probably won't hold up.

Never tried it. What makes it good and what console did the original come out on?

Never tried it. What makes it good and what console did the original come out on?

The first three games originally came out on PS2 and then remastered in HD on the PS3 as a collection and now again on PS4.

The games were very popular and well received due to how they blended a shooter and beat em up into one game. The combat was very fun and the story was over the top and badass. Just pure entertainment.

You can look up videos of the gameplay but you pretty much alternate between attacking with a variety of melee weapons and different guns you find throughout. You can hack n slash but the game will make you pay for it at times, especially on the harder difficulties. Properly executing combos and dodging is key, especially for the boss fights.

DMC 1 set the standard for the series, DMC 2 expanded on the combat gameplay although it's the most hated one due to sub par story and visuals (this game was done by a different team than the original iirc), and DMC3 pretty much perfected the formula. DMC3 is a prequel to DMC1 and features a story featuring a young Dante.

I didn't know about this until I just saw it on Steam. I'm pretty excited.

Yeah, I have this on the 360. I really didn't think the first one had aged very well.

Too many damn remasters this gen, of which I admit to being guilty of helping fund. Only ever in sales though. Not paying full price for games I already played.

Back