Devon Alexander vs. Victor Ortiz Feb.17th FOX

Fun fight.

Mr. headbutts against a power puncher with mental issues.

Can't recall two quitters being matched up against each other before. Who will quit first? I'll tune in to find out.

This fight gets me really pumped ...................in 2011.

Loser loses a lot.

Loser loses a lot.

Alexander is bad but Ortiz has had his head in the clouds for a long time. Talent for talent I'd take Ortiz but it's hard to say how he shows up. This is one of those fights that I'll probably forget is on, and then only watch because it shows up a few months later on a Youtube playlist. I have a hard time getting excited for Devon Alexander.

edit: I realized now that I quoted Hagler and just sort of gave a general reply to thread. So, since I got you here, hows it going Hagler?

This fight won't go the distance. I got Alexander via Ortiz quitting.

Alexander is bad but Ortiz has had his head in the clouds for a long time. Talent for talent I'd take Ortiz but it's hard to say how he shows up. This is one of those fights that I'll probably forget is on, and then only watch because it shows up a few months later on a Youtube playlist. I have a hard time getting excited for Devon Alexander.

edit: I realized now that I quoted Hagler and just sort of gave a general reply to thread. So, since I got you here, hows it going Hagler?

I didn't expect anything that documented a reply, hence I'll consider it as a late Christmas gift. A nicer one that the motherfucking lumbago I got (that's what fortysomethings get as it gets cold and damp) a few days before I'm supposed to go skiing. Getting old does beat the alternative, but it's a close JD. How are you, BTW ?

Back on topic I would agree : heart says "let's see Alexander get his face punched in", mind says "what creative way to screw up will Ortiz find this time ?".

Last edited:
I didn't expect anything that documented as a reply, hence I'll consider it as a late Christmas gift. A nicer one that the motherfucking lumbago I got (that's what fortysomethings get as it gets cold and damp) a few days before I'm supposed to go skiing. Getting old does beat the alternative, but it's a close JD. How are you, BTW ?

Back on topic I would agree : heart says "let's see Alexander get his face punched in", mind says "what creative way to screw up will Ortiz find this time ?".

Dang sorry to hear, take care of your back bud. I've got some lower back issues myself. To anyone out there in their 20's, start stretching now. Better to start now when you don't really need to, then not do it when you do.

I'm doing well. My wife and I took a trip out to a dog breeder last Saturday and put a deposit down on a new female German Shepherd. The parents are imported German german shepherds, so very low rate of hip/health problems (unlike American german shepherds) and they're huge. The dad is over 120lbs and only 2 years old. So we're looking forward to bringing her home in about 5 weeks.

Dang sorry to hear, take care of your back bud. I've got some lower back issues myself. To anyone out there in their 20's, start stretching now. Better to start now when you don't really need to, then not do it when you do.

I'm doing well. My wife and I took a trip out to a dog breeder last Saturday and put a deposit down on a new female German Shepherd. The parents are imported German german shepherds, so very low rate of hip/health problems (unlike American german shepherds) and they're huge. The dad is over 120lbs and only 2 years old. So we're looking forward to bringing her home in about 5 weeks.

Sounds great. I do live in a condo with no garden in a big city, so cool dogs are out of the question as I don't wan't them to be sad as fuck, and so are small dogs because they're not actual dogs.

Just my opinion, though.

Sounds great. I do live in a condo with no garden in a big city, so cool dogs are out of the question as I don't wan't them to be sad as fuck, and so are small dogs because they're not actual dogs.

Just my opinion, though.

It's a good point. We live in an apartment, too, but we have a very large balcony and I work from home. I'll have plenty of time to take her to the park on my lunch break and let her run around, then take her down to the beach after work. Getting to work out of my living room will go a long way towards improving her quality of life.

I was in that same position for awhile. We had been wanting a dog for about the last 6 years, but couldn't get one either because of money constraints or living arrangements.

Alexander via stoppage, but it'll be fun while it lasts.

I've got no problem with this fight, well matched tbh.

Alexander via stoppage, but it'll be fun while it lasts.

I've got no problem with this fight, well matched tbh.

“Alexander by stoppage” isn’t a phrase you hear often lol

True, but Victor is DONE.

It's crazy how it's been almost a decade since hotshot Ortiz fought this unknown guy named Maidana, quit, then took some ecstasy and did a post fight interview, setting a pattern for the rest of his career.

It's crazy how it's been almost a decade since hotshot Ortiz fought this unknown guy named Maidana, quit, then took some ecstasy and did a post fight interview, setting a pattern for the rest of his career.

My favorite Ortiz quitting moment was when he was beating the brakes off Josesito Lopez until late in the fight when he took a big shot that cracked his jaw and decided to quit on the stool. Even the ref was astounded and kept asking if he was sure he wanted to quit. Classic.

Easy second was after he launched a headbutt missile at Floyd then tried to apologize by making out with him but Floyd don't do sexual harassment so he hit Ortiz with the #metoo combo and put his lights out.

My favorite Ortiz quitting moment was when he was beating the brakes off Josesito Lopez until late in the fight when he took a big shot that cracked his jaw and decided to quit on the stool. Even the ref was astounded and kept asking if he was sure he wanted to quit. Classic.

Easy second was after he launched a headbutt missile at Floyd then tried to apologize by making out with him but Floyd don't do sexual harassment so he hit Ortiz with the #metoo combo and put his lights out.

Didn't Ortiz quit before the final round against Lopez? I remember watching that live, just shaking my head.

Didn't Ortiz quit before the final round against Lopez? I remember watching that live, just shaking my head.

He quit between rounds 9 and 10 I think and I don't remember it being a championship fight so yeah, he refused to fight a single round with his busted jaw. I was laughing my ass off because of how dirty he got earlier in the fight when he started throwing obvious shots to the back of his opponent's head until the ref said he would DQ his ass. Fucking nutjob.

I love Ortiz, but he doesn't have that NEED to win. Never did.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but wasn't he the one that in a post fight interview after losing said something like "I don't think I should be getting abused like that".

I don't begrudge him a payday, he's worked harder then most to be honest, but he's just not championship material. Nothing wrong with that, but it's under what he was purported to be once upon a time.

Back