Di Di Mau: Life and Death in the Qu

• Thread starter Deleted member 87037
  • Start date
By not benefiting from them as much as I do from snatch deads.

So they don't ruin your speed off the floor at all.

They just don't strengthen the part of the lift that you need to work on...

Squats
4x10x375 + 1x9x375 - Open belt, 1hr6m

8x1x510 Deads

Snatch Deads Form Check - First set hips were low, so set hips higher on second set. 2nd & 3rd set: 8x325, 7x325 - pause in middle to readjust straps.

Bench
5x280
2x305+0
- WOW, bench has decreased enough!
2x305 - Supposed to be Fx310!

That's it! Starting Smolov Saturday!

Skipping
5x2m - High intensity, ~3m rests

Yesterday
Deads - Open belt
6x1x535 - 3m intervals. Hopefully 6x1x545 will be faster later this month.

Snatch Deads
3x6x335

Today
Smolov Jr. Begins - Starting Max of 335

Bench
- Smolov Jr: Week 1, Session 1
6x6x235

For the next three weeks my training schedule will be as follows:

Friday
Bench 1

Saturday

Rest

Sunday

Bench 2
Rows

Monday

T3 Squat

Tuesday
Bench 3

Wenesday

Bench 4
Deadlift

Thursday
Rest

+ Misc skipping & possible core work. My main concern is deadlifting after I bench. Bench arch makes my back sore, so not sure how that'll affect deads.

Bench - Smolov Jr: Week 1, Session 2
7x5x250

P Rows
3x6x205 - Keeping it light while on Smolov.

Skipping

3m

Monday
Squats
1x5x440 - Couldn't push my body for another set, let alone four more. Day prior spent w/ the gf's family, which always leads to a piss-poor workout the following day. Will repeat 5x5x440 this Monday.

Skipping
2-3m, I think

Tuesday
Bench - Smolov Jr: Week 1, Session 3
8x4x265

Skipping
3m, 2m

Wednesday
Bench - Smolov Jr: Week 1, Sesson 4
Warmup to 185, stopped. - Nope! Going to repeat today.

Bench - Smolov Jr: Week 1, Session 4
10x3x285

Woo! First week done. Wrist acting up a little. Anyone know any good stretches/prehab etc.?

Bench - Smolov Jr: Week 2, Session 2 - Halfway Complete
7x5x260

Skipping
3m

Last edited by a moderator:
Squats - Open belt
4x5x440 + 1x4x440 (+5 PR) - Didn't attempt the 25th rep, didn't feel safe.

Didn't feel safe??? Safety is for pussies!!!

I kid. Very nice squatting. I'm also interested to see where Smolov takes your bench.

Didn't feel safe??? Safety is for pussies!!!

I kid. Very nice squatting. I'm also interested to see where Smolov takes your bench.

A few of the last reps I was doing were going up odd. Remember Urban's curved spine ascent or w/e. Like that. Twisted and uneven.

Good man!
Good to see an old regular, the SnP has gone down the crapper ever since the merge....who heck is still around

T-nation or the Powerlifting Strongman section at BB.com look really cool right now, could we be able to split strength and power again? The community here's weak now I feel.

Bench - Smolov Jr: Week 2, Session 3
8x4x275

Old dude at the gym egged on another old dude to bench 405 (and miss) to try and prove a point to me (they failed) lol.

Good man!
Good to see an old regular, the SnP has gone down the crapper ever since the merge....who heck is still around

T-nation or the Powerlifting Strongman section at BB.com look really cool right now, could we be able to split strength and power again? The community here's weak now I feel.

Hey, bud. How are you doing? Got new #s?

Nah, S&P won't be split again as far as I know. Not too sure how things are, been busy with life to lurk much the past year.

8x4x275

Old dude at the gym egged on another old dude to bench 405 (and miss) to try and prove a point to me (they failed) lol.

Nah, S&P won't be split again as far as I know. Not too sure how things are, been busy with life to lurk much the past year.

stopped lifting much, lost like 20 lbs and got a six pack and cut down by accident (I'm not used to those) eating crappier food but less calories overall and was getting stronger for a while and then it all went downhill with the #'s really quickly all of a sudden....need to get back in seriously again...will probably post in my log more frequently again

8x4x275

What point were they trying to prove? That old people don't suck?

So you're still lifting and posting regularly on BB.com, but not here?

Abandoned Sherdog, have you?

Back