Di Nardo Boxing

@hangulmalmotayo - Oh but they are to be admired. A large majority of boxing fans notice the gloves a fighter uses just as much as they do the fighter themselves.

Everyone knew Mayweather wore Grants.

Everyone knows Loma uses Rival.

Everyone knows Pacquaio uses Cleto Reyes.
Certainly, that's true. But this is to confuse matters. Behind the sponsorship of notable athletes by various brands is an attempt to advertise to the broader consumer. The implicit message here (less so in straightforward advertisements) is that by using such-and-such a brand, you, too, can be like so-and-so. This has less to do with admiration for a thing in itself and for its own sake and more to do with an appeal to the appetite of the consumer (by proposing some kind of delusive self-image) that he or she can become such-and-such a person simply by owning this-or-that brand of equipment. On the part of the brand, this sort of sponsorship is no longer aimed at the beautiful, but at what is produced precisely as a commercial product intended for consumption. In other words, this is very likely the superficial admiration that should be avoided by one whose true aim is to create something displaying intrinsic beauty. Of course, it is not always easy to discern the difference from the outside, but there is a very important difference.

That said, insofar as a boxing glove does what it is for-the-sake-of, and does it well, it will distinguish itself from other such gloves. And in this there is something admirable.

My posts are getting a bit out of hand.

The main point: the gloves look great. Keep up the good work.

@hangulmalmotayo - Oh but they are to be admired. A large majority of boxing fans notice the gloves a fighter uses just as much as they do the fighter themselves.

Everyone knew Mayweather wore Grants.

Everyone knows Loma uses Rival.

Everyone knows Pacquaio uses Cleto Reyes.

I own all three and Rival gives you the best value for the money of the three. I don't really care for the wild graphics but the quality is there. I'm speaking of fight gloves only.

Also Everlast's MX fight gloves and they're newer Elite Pro fight gloves are top notch as well. IMO.

@dembones22 - we shall continue to use kevlar stitching AND excellent stitch work aswell as the finest leather on the market.

Whilst you may think it is all for show with little substance, we know that is not the case as do our clients and fighters.

The performance mirrors the build and all match the price.

<13>

giphy.webp

I'll alow it..

My other thoughts as a reviewer,and idea guy thats helped jumpstart stagnant or upstart companies. I think the pricing is going to be a ridiculous challenge.

Thats kind of a huge understatement really. People have a huge problem swallowing the 350 plus pricetag for a Winning glove despite its platinum standard as THE glove to own. Despite recent traction alot of companies have made to close the protection gap on Winning, they are THE rite of passage, THE status symbol, THE standard in protection. A post on page 2 mentioned 3 boxers that sport/wear a different pair of gloves. But the odd thing is there are several montages of them training in Winnings.

As far as competition with grant thats a different argument all together to take place at a different time.

I think the sweet spot for the average customer who you clearly have no intention on marketing (which is fine) is around the 99-150$ price range. I just think you will price yourself out and we dont want that. Alot of brands have been home grown here on sherdog/youtubeand have proven successful to appealing to the every day joe.

But either way I think you guys NEED to come down on price drastically.

Ring to cage
Top boxer
UMA
Gorilla
Outslayer
Sabas

And yes another poster said its a free market and no one has to buy them. They are correct 100% but if no one buys then the business tanks. I think you should reconsider the price.

If you do want to grow a boutique brand its fine but ask for 3x that of a Winning. Or 2x the price of a Grant is pretty crazy.

I understand the glove maker takes great pride in making gloves. But he also has to understand, not everyone can/want to afford that price tag. I just dont see how the business can be sustainable selling that high with such a limited amount of customers.

@StRatoCastR - we're not trying to grow the business through Sherdog. Business is good. I simply noticed a thread or two with regards to Masons and Di Nardo gloves and so joined to answer any queries people may have and to showcase our product. It's something we're very proud of, so why not.

With regards to the brands you have listed, it's great what they're doing and offering the public but - a few of them atleast - are offering their versions of more famous brands as their business focus. We are not. What we offer is unlike anything else out there.

Also just to clarify we're not 2x more expensive than custom Grants. Our product is expensive, but please don't exaggerate to prove a point.

Im not exaggerating, unless Grant recently changes their prices they run around $400-$450 us

Can you name any of the fighters that wear your gloves?

Can you name any of the fighters that wear your gloves?

It's a new brand. The glove models were only finalised at the start of Summer and accepted by the Nevada State Athletic Commision. Since then we have rebranded the gloves with our new logo meaning more unfortunate delays.

Ashley Theophane will be wearing the gloves pictured for his next fight.
IMG-20171115-WA0029.jpg

We also sponsor a very talented young man in the UK named Brandon Daord but we are awaiting confirmation from the BBBofC that the gloves have been accepted for use.

I'm not sure what you're getting at @Woldog but for a brand in it's birthing stage we've made quite the strides already. 2018 will be a HUGE year for us.

Damn the disrespect on this thread is pretty sad. Arguing with an individual over their own company and prices..who just got started. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Damn the disrespect on this thread is pretty sad. Arguing with an individual over their own company and prices..who just got started. Rome wasn't built in a day.
I attribute it to a subconscious desire on the part of certain detractors to pressure Di Nardo to lower their price so that said detractors can afford the gloves. But I suppose if you post something on the forum, you should expect to garner a little negative attention because of internet.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you're getting at @Woldog but for a brand in it's birthing stage we've made quite the strides already. 2018 will be a HUGE year for us.

Its so I could watch the fights and see how the gloves look in them. Not getting at anything, I'd just prefer to see some professionals use them and see how they hold up before mortgaging the house to buy a pair.

Its so I could watch the fights and see how the gloves look in them. Not getting at anything, I'd just prefer to see some professionals use them and see how they hold up before mortgaging the house to buy a pair.
If you need to take out a mortgage in order to buy a pair, you're probably not the sort of person that this company is looking to sell to.

If you need to take out a mortgage in order to buy a pair, you're probably not the sort of person that this company is looking to sell to.

That's all good and well but I wasn't talking to you.

Back